While the responsibility for authorization for Changes lies with the Change Manager, they in turn will ensure they have the approval of three main areas:
* Financial Approval – What’s it going to cost? And what’s the cost of not doing it?
* Business Approval – What are the consequences to the business? And not doing it?
* Technology Approval – What are the consequences to the infrastructure? And not doing it?
* Change Management should consider the implications of performing the Change, as well as the impacts of NOT implementing the Change
* Importance of empowering Change Manager as their primary role is to protect the integrity of the IT infrastructure.