Typical metrics for evaluation the effectiveness and efficiency of Availability Management include:
* Percentage reduction in unavailability of services and components
* Percentage increase in the reliability of services and components
* Effective review and follow up of all SLA, OLA and UC breaches
* Percentage improvement in overall end-to-end availability of service
* Percentage reduction in the number and impact of service breaks
* Improvement of MTBF
* Improvement of MTBSI
* Reduction in MTRS.
While the above list does include a number of important measures, the service provider should also seek to demonstrate the impact that availability/unavailability has on the business. Such examples of business oriented availability reporting include:
* User minutes lost due to disruption
* Transactions lost or delayed due to disruption
* Customer complaints caused by disruption.