It really pays if things are done the right way. It minimizes
the risk and saves the company resources as well.
Project Management requires careful planning, monitoring
and controlling the activities of a team to achieve success
in the goals of the project.
In order to achieve success in project management is to
adapt to the best practices in the field of project management.
These best practices serves as steps or procedures to follow
before implementing a project:
1. Define the scope and objectives. You need to
understand what the project intends to achieve. The
project should be able to get the support and
understanding of each participant so as to be clear as
to the project expected output deliverables.
2. Define deliverables. Deliverables need to be cleared
and defined to participants. This will enable them to
know the expected output at the end of the project.
3. Project Planning. It is at this stage that you are able
to define as to how you will achieve the objective given
the deliverables that are expected at the end of the
4. Communication. It becomes necessary that
communication should take place within the project
team. Allow each team members to know what is
expected from them, their responsibilities as well as
5. Tracking and reporting project progress. Constant
monitoring pf the actual progress against planned.
6. Change Management. Project managers should be
able to determine if change management has to be
done at the mid of the project implementation or
7. Risk Management. The ability to assess or see
probable risk and be able to find solutions even
before it happens.
With the project management best practices handling
projects would be easy if steps are done the right way.