The primary goal of Capacity Management is to ensure that cost-justifiable IT capacity in all areas of IT exists and is matched to the current and future agreed needs of the business in a timely manner.
Other objectives of Capacity Management are to:
* Produce and maintain an up to date Capacity Plan
* Provide advice and guidance
* Ensure service performance meets or exceeds agreed targets
* Assist with diagnosis and resolution of performance and capacity related incidents and problems
* Assess impact of all changes on the Capacity Plan, services and resources
* Ensure proactive measures to improve performance of service are implemented, where cost-justifiable.
Capacity Management provides the predictive and ongoing capacity indicators needed to align capacity to demand. It is about finding the right balance between resources and capabilities, and demand.