Service Asset Management:
The management of service assets across the whole lifecycle including:
* Full lifecycle management of IT and service assets from acquisitions to disposal
* Maintenance of the asset inventory.
* To provide a logical model of the services, assets and infrastructure by recording the relationships between service assets and configuration items
* To ensure control procedures are complied with to protect the integrity of Configurations
* To support the information needs of other ITIL®® processes.
The actual roles related to Service Asset and Configuration Management include:
* Service Asset Manager
* Configuration Manager
* Configuration Analyst
* Configuration Administrator/Librarian
* CMS/Tools Administrator
* Change Manager (all Changes to CIs must be authorized by Change Management).