ECM has been defined as technologies, tools, and methods used to capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver content across an enterprise. One of the 5 components of ECM, which deals with Publishing, is the Deliver component. The function of the Delivery category is to bring output. The term is summarized under the term “Output Management”. The Output Management has two functions and these are Layout/Design and Publishing,
ECM Publishing involves applications for presenting information for distribution and publication. There are various kinds of Publishing Management solutions that provide a single platform for managing the complete lifecycle of all types of technical publications.
Some of the key benefits of ECM Publishing Management solution are:
1. It has a unified system. It lowers the cost by leveraging one system to manage, combine, transform, and publish technical information in print or electronic form.
2. It speeds time to market by reusing technical information across product platforms and channels using advanced searching and automatic assignment of attributes.
3. It increases accuracy. The amount of unique text to be translated, formatted, and delivered is reduced and content errors are reduced as well.
4. It provides greater compliance. Applies consistent processes, style sheets, and controls to deliver a consistent message and ensure products compliance around the world.
5. It eliminates redundancy. The rewriting and recreation of content through streamlined review, validation, and approval processes are minimized.
6. It has integration with third party tools. It supports authoring and transformation needs from Microsoft Office, Arbortext Editor, Arbortext Publishing Engine, Just Systems’ XMetaL, In.vision’s Xpress Author, and web-based XML authoring.