TOGAF being internationally accepted has drawn many registered practitioners in 2008. The TOGAF 8 has achieved more than 5,500 certified practitioners which is approximately 230 percent increased compared to 2007 registrants.
In job search websites in UK alone, the demand for TOGAF practitioners grew to more than 21 percent.
TOGAF Jobs include positions such as Application Architect, Solution Architect, IS Consultant for technical Solutions, etc. Results of surveyed showed that 50% of the permanent IT jobs in UK require that an individual should be a TOGAF skill set. The following are TOGAF skill set:
1. Generic Skills: – covers leadership, team working, inter-personal skills, etc.
2. Business Skills and Methods: – ability in handling business cases, business process, strategic planning, etc.
3. Enterprise Architecture Skills: – ability to do modeling, building block design, applications and role design, systems integration, etc.
4. Program or Project Management Skills: – ability to manage business change, project management methods and tools, etc.
5. IT General Knowledge Skills: – knowledgeable in brokering applications, asset management, migration planning, SLAs, etc.
6. Technical IT Skills: – adept in software engineering, security, data interchange, data management, etc.
7. Legal Environment: – knowledgeable in data protection laws, contract law, procurement law, fraud, etc.
The average salary for a TOGAF practitioner in UK ranges from 74k pounds to 84k pounds. The increasing demands for TOGAF jobs led individuals of getting themselves TOGAF Certified. Most organizations prefer to hire TOGAF Certified to fill in their job vacancies. Being a TOGAF Certified, organizations reduce the time, cost and risk involve in training, hiring and managing IT architecture professionals.