To assess yourself on how prepared you are for the European Computer Driving License or ECDL certification, taking a practice quiz will definitely go a long way. Take note that in order for you to get hold of an ECDL certificate, it is a must for you to pass all of the tests for each of the 7 modules of ECDL. Just like after taking a quiz, here is a brief recap of the 7 modules of ECDL and take time to review each one of them.
(a) Module 1: Concepts of Information Technology
– requires a candidate to have an understanding of the main IT concepts at a general level including hardware and software functionalities.
(b) Module 2: Using the Computer and Managing Files
– requires a candidate to demonstrate competence in using the common functions of the computer and its operating system.
(c) Module 3: Word Processing
– requires a candidate to display competence with the use of a word processing application on a computer such as MS Word.
(d) Module 4: Spreadsheets
– requires a candidate to understand the concept of spreadsheets and demonstrate the ability to use a spreadsheet application such as MS Excel.
(e) Module 5: Database
– requires a candidate to be aware of the functions of databases and how to use it on a computer.
(f) Module 6: Presentation
– requires a candidate to show competence in making use of a presentation tool such as MS PowerPoint.
(g) Module 7: Information and Communication
– requires a candidate to understand some basic concepts and terms related with using the internet and electronic mail (e-mail).
To be adept with each of the ECDP modules, it is best to take extra preparation and have better chances of successfully passing the certification.