In as much as you believe that quality management system is tool for creating a good name in the market industry, your company should be an ISO 9000 company. The benefits of being an ISO 9000 company are wide, besides what is wrong of making things done efficiently and effectively. Conformance to business processes and regulatory requirements are healthy in the community you are at.
The ISO 9000 standards seeks to lay down the requirements that your company quality system must have and it does not tell you how they should be met in any particular organization. This provides flexibility for implementation engaged in the business sectors and business cultures.
A company to be ISO 9000 compliance should have the following procedures undertaken in their quality management system:
1. The existence of a set of procedures that covers all the key processes in the business;
2. A monitoring processes that will ensure processes are effectively undertaken;
3. A system that allows the keeping adequate records to ensure that procedures are followed;
4. A system that allows check of output for defects, and ready preventive or corrective measure of actions to be performed once problem occur;
5. A system that will allow a regular review of the individual processes and the quality system for effectiveness; and
6. A tool to facilitate the contiuous improvement of the qualuty management performance.
So, whether ISO 9000 compliance is brought about by your desire to draw customers or create a name in the market industry, you need to remember that your ultimate objective is to build a quality management system that will assist your company in the continuous improvement of your services and at the same time your conformance to business processes or regulatory requirements