My last blog listed the top ten reasons why you would NOT want to be a Service Level Manager. Today – in fairness – my top 10 reasons why you would! (deep down – if I had to choose another job – being an SLM would be top of my list!!!!)
- You become bi-lingual – business and geek speak
- You have the potential to earn the respect of both departments
- It is way easier to blame others 😉
- Job is way more management/people focused than just being a techy
- Role can be a very strategic role
- Work closely with suppliers(V2)
- Integral to striving for continual improvement across all processes;
- Greatest chance of promotion in company
- The fact that nobody really knows what you do means that you can make it up as you go along
- They give you a desk in no-man’s land – somewhere between, but not part of, the business and IT – which generally means an office!
As I have said previously – hats off to SLM’s!
Please feel free to email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Till next time Cheers from the ITIL® Australia Team at The Art of Service