ITIL® Support Services
ITIL® support services constitute a part of Service Management that enables the IT services to be provided and prepares them for delivery. ITIL® support services are the foundation of planning and management that determines the strength of infrastructure and services of the company.
There are mainly six disciplines under ITIL® support services:
1. Configuration Management: This mainly deals with the construction and building of the services that are meant for clients. Under this section employees are interviewed and trained.
2. Problem Management: It is directed towards precautions against any mishap and at the same time find immediate solution if there is any.
3. Incident Management: It is a part of problem management and looks after immediate problems
4. Change management: In a company, changes in the policies and structure are very common for progress so there is a need of separate department to regulate changes.
5. Release Management: A very significant department will be ‘release’ because all the planning has to be positioned and executed with perfection.
6. Help Desk: Customer support and communication with clients is very necessary. It is the job of the help desk to look after service support.