Your computer must be working so slowly, as your company continues to create huge volume of
unstructured content, which includes documents, e-mail, messages, videos, instant messages, Web pages, and more. Contents of these could create a state of unmanaged chaos which leads organization from not properly using these valuable assets for better knowledge sharing, improved customer communications, and increased process efficiency. Your computer contains unwanted information that you don’t necessarily need in performing your job.
Companies should take a look into the management content of their information and acquire the capability of accessing the correct version of a document or an important record
The ECM Model consists of 5 components and technologies such as capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver. Under the Manage component includes five management application areas:
1. Document Management (DM) refers to the systems control of documents from their creation to long term archiving.
2. Collaboration also referred as collaborative software or groupware. It includes the elements of Knowledge Management wherein it includes the range of practices used by organizations to identify, create, represent, distribute and enable adoption of what it knows, and how it knows it. In simple terms, it is sharing usable information.
3. Web Content Management refers to systems information presented on the Internet and Extranet or on a portal that are already present in the company, whose delivery is controlled by access authorization and storage
4. Records Management refers to the pure administration of records, important information and data that companies are required to archive
5. Workflow and Business Process Management. Workflow refers to the depiction of a sequence of operations showing a virtual presentation of the actual work while Business Process Management refers to the method of efficiently aligning an organization with the wants and needs of clients.