I have just spent the last 5 days completing the Prince2 practitioner Program, and I have to say it was up there in terms of challenging programs.
The course is broken into two levels – Foundation and Practitioner level. When I first received the text and asked to do the pre-reading, I started to sweat at the thought of having to remember everything for the multiple choice exams…. But it wasn’t as bad as I thought.
Prince2 by nature is a logical and coded project management method. I, on the other hand, am not! Hence the challenge! By the end of the 3 days, I felt extremely confident and comfortable about passing the 1 hour multiple choice exam. The real pressure came when trying to prepare for the 3 hour practitioner MC exam. Each day I went home and committed at least 3 hours study (piece of advice – cancel all social engagements and forewarn family members) to ensure that I was adequately prepared… only time will tell now(when I get my results back).
After completing this program, I can see how having Prince2 knowledge will assist with future projects, and though the course was extensive, long and very tiring, well worth it.
Cant say that I will be rushing to do more study.. as that was enough to keep me going for quite some time, but am looking forward to using what I have learnt.
Till next time Cheers from the ITIL® Australia Team at The Art of Service
Accreditations and Credentials:
- EXIN Accredited for ITIL® Managers Certificate
- EXIN Accredited for ITIL® Foundation Classroom
- EXIN Accredited for ITIL® V3 Foundation Classroom
- EXIN Accredited for ITIL® Foundation eLearning
- EXIN Accredited for ITIL® V3 Foundation eLearning
- EXIN Accredited for IPSR Cluster Practitioner
- EXIN Accredited for IPRC Cluster Practitioner
- EXIN Accredited for IPAD Cluster Practitioner
- EXIN accredited for IPPI Cluster Practitioner
- EXIN Authorized examination center
- itSMF Accredited for ISO/IEC 20000 Certification trainings for consultants
- EXIN Service Quality Management Foundation Program
- EXIN/TUV ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Program
- Gamingworks Accredited for Apollo 13 ITIL® simulation
- Government endorsed supplier