Although fairly common, there are potential risks that can be introduced when outsourcing an organization’s Service Desk. When reviewing the potential for this to occur, Service Managers should consider the following items when developing contracts to reduce these risks:
* Use of your own Service Management tool, not theirs
* Retain ownership of data
* Ability to maintain required staffing levels
* Agreements on reporting and monitoring needs
* Proven up to date procedures
* Agreed and understood support needs
* Engage contract specialists for assistance.