The 2000 PMBOK provides an upgraded manual for project managers. It is the new bible which project managers should know and have always handy in setting out their team tasks and upon leading a new project.
Just after the first few pages, the Introduction can still be found. This part provides readers with a brief overview of the book. It also sets the pace on what readers can most likely expect with the newly upgraded version.
The 2000 PMBOK also has the following segments within it:
1. Project Definition and Its Subcontext
2. The PMBOK Lifecycle – This still contains the five main processes which governs project management.
3. Feasibility of Methods– The segment attempts to discuss how the project can actually cope up with different methods acquired. This gives readers a chance to compare and contrast between differing methods.
4. Current Technology and Art – As a new upgrade of the 2000 PMBOK, it already provides with technological innovations regarding project handling. Aside from manual resources, the book also talks about new programs available for making project schedules among others.
5. Standards and Ethical Procedures – Apart from emphasizing quality and efficiency, this book’s segment also inculcates the value of observing project management ethics during task accomplishment. A set of standards is clearly handed out for readers to remember upon project handling. Ethics are also considered under this segment.
Under the close guidance of PMI, the 2000 PMBOK has been developed to suit the changing times of the fast-paced world of project management.
What is a PMBOK? It is Project Management Body of Knowledge. Here’s a guide to the PMBOK.
Apart from being a guide to the project management body of knowledge, the PMBOK is also being used by main organizations like the Fujitsu and the Boeing Aircraft. The book includes a process which just makes sure that the project has been defined properly, will be managed thoroughly, and accomplished with ease.
Since the contents it has are being widely accepted, all project managers must have it. The processes it has been proven to be effective in the field and ensures success.
The book is quite an easy read. It has a clear path which readers can take on from beginning until the end. So as you go along and read the book, you can easily identify the expectations and the important requirements you must have to arrive to a successful project. It also contains a useful method you can utilize to have a full grasp of a certain project. As a result, you end up identifying its expanse as wells as the schedule you need to build in ensuring that everything will be covered. You will also learn about project costs and how to seek the right resources.
In addition, it also tells you what level of understanding you must have with a certain project to prevent getting yourself into unnecessarily stressful situations. It also provides useful tips and know-hows. In many ways, PMBOK is really more than just a guide to the project management book of knowledge.