The two main activities of Proactive Problem Management are:
* Review reports from other processes (e.g. trends in incidents, availability levels, relationships with changes and releases)
* Identify recurring Problems or training opportunities for IT staff, customers and end users.
Targeting Preventative Action
* Perform a cost-benefit analysis of all costs associated with prevention
* Target specific areas taking up the most support attention
* Coordinate preventative action with Availability and Capacity Management, focusing on vulnerable areas of the infrastructure (e.g. single points of failure, components reaching full capacity/utilization).