The primary goal of Supplier Management is to manage suppliers and the services they supply, to provide seamless quality of IT service to the business and ensure that value for money is obtained.
Other objectives include the application of capabilities to:
* Obtain value for money from supplier and contracts
* Ensure that underpinning contracts and agreements with suppliers are aligned to business needs
* Manage relationships with suppliers
* Negotiate and agree contracts with suppliers
* Manage supplier performance
* Maintain a supplier policy and a supporting Supplier and Contract Database (SCD).