When assessing Changes, it is important to have answers to the following seven questions:
* Who RAISED the change?
* What is the REASON for the change?
* What is the RETURN required from the change?
* What are the RISKS involved in the change?
* What RESOURCES are required to deliver the change?
* Who is RESPONSIBLE for the build, test and implementation of the change?
* What is the RELATIONSHIP between this change and other changes?
These questions must be answered for all changes. Without this information the impact assessment cannot be completed, and the balance of risk and benefit to the live service will not be understood. This could result in the change not delivering all the possible or expected business benefits or even of it having a detrimental, unexpected effect on the live service.