Where can RFCs be initiated?
Anywhere (Other ITIL® processes, customers, end-users etc.)
Who does the actual build/test/implement?
* Technical areas
* Project Teams
* Release and Deployment Management.
1. The RFC is logged
2. An initial review is performed (to filter RFCs)
3. The RFCs are assessed – may require involvement of CAB or ECAB
4. This is authorized by the Change Manager
5. Work orders are issued for the build of the Change (carried out by other groups)
6. Change Management coordinates the work performed (with multiple checkpoints)
7. The Change is reviewed (Post Implementation Review)
8. The Change is closed.