The ISTQB Exam although it is a multiple choice item exam is not that easy. It is prepared by through the help of psychometricians, professional exam creator that measures the examinees extent of mastery on the key concepts as included in the syllabus. You have 4 options to choose as to how you would wish to prepare for the ISTQB Exam. These 4 options are through self-guided self-study, use of books, e-learning courses, and instructor-lead courses.
There is always an ISTQB material that serves as the training program syllabus. This material serves as guide for individuals on the coverage of the ISTQB Exam. Therefore, whatever study options you select would not really matter as this ISTQB material conform to ISTQB syllabus.
The ISTQB Certified Tester program is an example of a self-guided self-study way of preparing for an exam. You are to download materials from the internet that will guide in your preparation. The program material will provide you with the Certification level syllabus, thorough discussion of the topics or scope of the exam, and sample question papers for you to work on. This is to test how well you have grasped the topics previously discussed. There is also a glossary of terms available for download to ensure that the terms are clearly defined and understood by readers. At the end of the course, the ISTQB Exam is given and successful participants receive an ISTQB Certified Tester certificate.
The ISTQB certification syllabus material is openly available to all. Training providers who have been accredited by national boards teach syllabus contents. These ISTQB materials are globally marketed using the brand name ISTQB Certified Tester.
There is actually no certification program at present that requires software testers to obtain one. However, most companies prefer software developers or programmers with adept knowledge in software testing. A software system prior to release needs to undergo series of test, to ensure that there will be no software bugs or defects and customers will not complain about it.
ISTQB testing certification has the following characteristics that other testing certifications don’t have:
1. It is practical as it addresses only concepts that are practical to be applied to work. It supports the career path by providing levels of certification applicable to one’s experience and roles.
2. It is global and therefore ISTQB Certified Testers can be recognized from around world. Currently, 38 countries adapt the ISTQB Certified Testers.
3. It promotes and advances software testing as a profession.
4. The ISTQB Syllabus are developed by working groups that make up the worldwide experts in the field of software testing such as practitioners, consultants, trainers, and academics. It makes each level of the ISTQB Certification Exam guided by the wisdom of over 100 experts.
5. The ISTQB accredits training course providers, thus you do not need to go expensive training or buy expensive study guides.
6. The ISTQB certification syllabus and software-testing glossary are available free. It is up to the individual to choose the software testing education. Education may be through attendance to the list of accredited training companies, an outside, expert professional or self study. It gives you the freedom and credibility of choice.
7. It is a trusted testing certification as ISTQB is a non-profit organization that is solely dedicated in providing practical, globally accepted software testing certification to 38 countries.