What is involved in Solution Selling
Find out what the related areas are that Solution Selling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Solution Selling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Solution Selling journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Solution Selling leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Solution Selling related domains to cover and 101 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Solution Selling, Affiliate network, Business model, Buying center, Customer requirement, Decision making unit, Electronics, Henning Kagermann, Intellectual property, Promotion, Prospecting, Return on Investment, Sales process, Sales training, Salesperson, Value added selling, Value proposition, Wang Laboratories, Win-win, Xerox Corporation:
Solution Selling Critical Criteria:
Grasp Solution Selling quality and display thorough understanding of the Solution Selling process.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Solution Selling, including any consulting or professional services?
– How likely is the current Solution Selling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we Lead with Solution Selling in Mind?
Affiliate network Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Affiliate network management and maintain Affiliate network for success.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Solution Selling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How is the value delivered by Solution Selling being measured?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Pilot Business model engagements and probe Business model strategic alliances.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Solution Selling into the services that we provide?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Solution Selling goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Solution Selling process?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
Buying center Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Buying center planning and remodel and develop an effective Buying center strategy.
– How can you negotiate Solution Selling successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Solution Selling moving forward?
– Have all basic functions of Solution Selling been defined?
Customer requirement Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Customer requirement management and question.
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if the change request is not executed?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if a change request is not executed?
– In a project to restructure Solution Selling outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Does it increase the risk that the organization cannot meet its customer requirements?
– What are the long-term Solution Selling goals?
– How do we keep improving Solution Selling?
Decision making unit Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Decision making unit projects and explore and align the progress in Decision making unit.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Solution Selling? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Solution Selling leader?
– Who will provide the final approval of Solution Selling deliverables?
Electronics Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Electronics engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Electronics projects.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Solution Selling forward?
– How do we maintain Solution Sellings Integrity?
Henning Kagermann Critical Criteria:
Audit Henning Kagermann risks and overcome Henning Kagermann skills and management ineffectiveness.
– For your Solution Selling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is Solution Selling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Why should we adopt a Solution Selling framework?
Intellectual property Critical Criteria:
Test Intellectual property planning and figure out ways to motivate other Intellectual property users.
– What will be the policies for data sharing and public access (including provisions for protection of privacy, confidentiality, security, intellectual property rights and other rights as appropriate)?
– During the last 3 years, have you received a complaint or an injunction arising out of intellectual property infringement, content or advertising?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– Am I concerned about intellectual property protection and legal issues of my application and data?
– Are there any data with intellectual property (e.g., patent, copyright) concerns with sharing?
– What are our needs in relation to Solution Selling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Solution Selling opportunities costing us money?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– Who will own any copyright or intellectual property rights to the data?
– What is our formula for success in Solution Selling ?
Promotion Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Promotion visions and slay a dragon.
– Its important to reach your customers. Every business, if wise, will have a promotion and advertising plan. You need to consider the image you want to project to your customers about your business. Will your business stand out because you are a proven a leader in the service or product industry by providing innovative services or products, or you provide customer confidence by providing high quality Customer Service?
– Do you have written clearance procedures in place regarding use, licensing, and consent agreements for third party content used by you in your products or services and on your website or in your promotional materials?
– Do you see the need for actions in the area of standardisation (including both formal standards and the promotion of/agreement on de facto standards) related to your sector?
– Can we add value to the current Solution Selling decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Generating increased purchases or use is also a typical category for consumer promotion objectives in sustaining programs. when do you want to do this?
– How does the integrated marketing communications (imc) plan approach differ from traditional approaches to promotion?
– Is the promotion consistent with the product positioning and other marketing plans?
– Which of the elements of the promotional mix is usually regarded as most credible?
– Which promotional tools would be most effective in our promotional mix?
– Why is promotion particularly effective in positing a product?
– What are the key promotion and shelf presentation tactics?
– How will the promotion get to the consumer?
– What specifically is the promotion to do?
– Will the promotion be supported by media?
– What is the major role of promotion?
– Sector companies handle promotion?
– What are our Solution Selling Processes?
Prospecting Critical Criteria:
Judge Prospecting outcomes and report on setting up Prospecting without losing ground.
– What are the business goals Solution Selling is aiming to achieve?
– Why is Solution Selling important for you now?
Return on Investment Critical Criteria:
Audit Return on Investment results and revise understanding of Return on Investment architectures.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Solution Selling strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– Is there a Solution Selling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
Sales process Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Sales process strategies and perfect Sales process conflict management.
– To what extent does management recognize Solution Selling as a tool to increase the results?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Solution Selling?
– What business benefits will Solution Selling goals deliver if achieved?
Sales training Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Sales training tactics and figure out ways to motivate other Sales training users.
Salesperson Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Salesperson tasks and oversee Salesperson requirements.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Solution Selling that make it risky?
– How do we measure improved Solution Selling service perception, and satisfaction?
Value added selling Critical Criteria:
Match Value added selling adoptions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Value added selling information.
– Among the Solution Selling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Is there any existing Solution Selling governance structure?
Value proposition Critical Criteria:
Consult on Value proposition management and adopt an insight outlook.
– What is the value proposition for the customer (How well will the product or service solve the problem)?
– What do you really need from your outside partner; what is your value proposition to the client?
– What is the biggest value proposition for new BI or analytics functionality at your company?
– Value proposition – can we create and sustain competitive advantage for this product?
– How do we know that any Solution Selling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Solution Selling leaders?
– Quality vs. Quantity: What data are required to satisfy the given value proposition?
– How must our value proposition change to earn greater customer loyalty?
– Quantity: What data are required to satisfy the given value proposition?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Solution Selling move?
– How well is the value proposition of the product defined?
– What Is Your Employee Value Proposition?
– What is your present value proposition?
Wang Laboratories Critical Criteria:
Jump start Wang Laboratories decisions and probe Wang Laboratories strategic alliances.
– What are the key elements of your Solution Selling performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Solution Selling experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Solution Selling strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Win-win Critical Criteria:
Trace Win-win planning and oversee implementation of Win-win.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Solution Selling process?
– How do we go about Comparing Solution Selling approaches/solutions?
– What is Effective Solution Selling?
Xerox Corporation Critical Criteria:
Group Xerox Corporation planning and probe Xerox Corporation strategic alliances.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Solution Selling Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Solution Selling External links:
Solution Selling is Dead. – CBS News
[PDF]Solution Selling Marketing – beiqin.store
[PDF]Solution Selling Definition – youqian.store
Affiliate network External links:
Millionaire Dating Affiliate Network!
Cost-per-action Affiliate Network – EvoMarketplace
Sweetser Affiliate Network | Sweetser Affiliate Network
Business model External links:
Business Model Definition | Investopedia
Business Model Templates for PowerPoint – …
[PDF]THE BUSINESS MODEL: THEORETICAL ROOTS, …
Buying center External links:
SLFCU – Home Buying Center
09. Buying Center Analysis – YouTube
Berglund Buying Center – Home | Facebook
Decision making unit External links:
[DOC]DECISION MAKING UNIT (DMU) IN PURCHASING …
Decision Making Unit – Marketing Teacher
What is Decision Making Unit (DMU) | IGI Global
Electronics External links:
Mouser Electronics – Official Site
Find My Mobile | Samsung Electronics Content & Services
Henning Kagermann External links:
Listen to Audiobooks by Henning Kagermann | Audible.com
Henning Kagermann – openSAP
Intellectual property External links:
Bejin Bieneman PLC | Intellectual Property Attorneys
Knobbe Martens Intellectual Property Law
Promotion External links:
Author Marketing Experts – Book Promotion | Author …
COMPASS DISPLAY & PROMOTION
Chronic Disease and Health Promotion Data & Indicators
Prospecting External links:
Real estate prospecting and farming letters – Copy by Marte
ICMJ’s Prospecting and Mining Journal
Real Estate Expired Leads & Listings: REDX Lead Prospecting
Return on Investment External links:
How to Calculate a Monthly Return on Investment – Fidelity
Return on Investment Calculator – Bankrate
Return On Investment – ROI – Investopedia
Sales process External links:
Sales Process Development — Rose Garden Sales …
CRM Solutions, Sales Process Automation – Tour de Force
Municipal Sales Process | Dealing to Governments | GM Fleet
Sales training External links:
Sales Training for the Life Sciences | CLD
Sales Training | Hoffeld Group
Certified New Home Specialist New Home Sales Training
Salesperson External links:
How to Apply for the Salesperson Exam – CalBRE
Value added selling External links:
Value Added Selling – YouTube
Value Added Selling – tubaobao.store
Value Added Selling – dogscats.store
Value proposition External links:
Title Insurance Value Proposition – recsfl.com
How To Create A Useful Value Proposition w/ Examples – CXL
10 Value Proposition Examples
Wang Laboratories External links:
06763 – WANG LABORATORIES INC – Page 1 – NSN Center
Wang Laboratories Inc. 1980 – YouTube
Win-win External links:
Win-Win (2016) – IMDb
Xerox Corporation External links:
Xerox Corporation Jobs in Indiana | Monster.com