What is involved in Business agility
Find out what the related areas are that Business agility connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business agility thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business agility journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business agility leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business agility related domains to cover and 108 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business agility, Agile software development, Burning Man, Business system, Complex adaptive systems, Complex systems, Complexity, Complexity science, Dynamic decision making, Edge of chaos, Emergence, Enterprise architecture, Holacracy, International Standard Book Number, Model of hierarchical complexity, Organizational intelligence, Participatory organization, Self-organization, Self-organizing, Spontaneous order, W. L. Gore & Associates:
Business agility Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Business agility governance and check on ways to get started with Business agility.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Business agility leaders?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business agility activities?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Agile software development projects and test out new things.
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– How do scaling issues affect the manner in which you fulfill your goal of identifying your initial scope?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– What kind of enabling and limiting factors can be found for the use of agile methods?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– How do you develop requirements for agile software development?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– How do Agile projects prioritize work?
– What is the expected system lifetime?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What is ASD to us?
Burning Man Critical Criteria:
Check Burning Man management and attract Burning Man skills.
– Is Business agility dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How can skill-level changes improve Business agility?
– Why should we adopt a Business agility framework?
Business system Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Business system planning and find the ideas you already have.
– Is Cybersecurity integrated between business systems and control systems?
– How can you measure Business agility in a systematic way?
– How to deal with Business agility Changes?
– Are there Business agility Models?
Complex adaptive systems Critical Criteria:
Grasp Complex adaptive systems tactics and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Complex adaptive systems projects.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business agility process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business agility process available?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
Complex systems Critical Criteria:
X-ray Complex systems governance and explore and align the progress in Complex systems.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Business agility product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business agility processes?
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Business agility, including any consulting or professional services?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Complexity Critical Criteria:
Understand Complexity adoptions and maintain Complexity for success.
– The approach of traditional Business agility works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– How can a structural positioning diagram, using complexity and divergence, help frame the issues in our sales and service redesign project?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Business agility? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– Complexity: an appropriate framework for development?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What can a complexity lens add?
Complexity science Critical Criteria:
Confer over Complexity science management and tour deciding if Complexity science progress is made.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Business agility strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Which customers cant participate in our Business agility domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Will Business agility have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Dynamic decision making Critical Criteria:
Map Dynamic decision making results and separate what are the business goals Dynamic decision making is aiming to achieve.
– Think about the people you identified for your Business agility project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Edge of chaos Critical Criteria:
Check Edge of chaos planning and document what potential Edge of chaos megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– When a Business agility manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are accountability and ownership for Business agility clearly defined?
Emergence Critical Criteria:
Nurse Emergence projects and separate what are the business goals Emergence is aiming to achieve.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Business agility workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How is the emergence of new CRM solutions offered factored in?
– Who sets the Business agility standards?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Enterprise architecture planning and display thorough understanding of the Enterprise architecture process.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business agility?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What are the short and long-term Business agility goals?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– How do we Lead with Business agility in Mind?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Holacracy Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Holacracy governance and raise human resource and employment practices for Holacracy.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business agility project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business agility project lifecycle?
– How likely is the current Business agility plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Explore International Standard Book Number tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in International Standard Book Number because they lack skills.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business agility process?
Model of hierarchical complexity Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Model of hierarchical complexity tactics and get the big picture.
– What are the business goals Business agility is aiming to achieve?
– Are there recognized Business agility problems?
Organizational intelligence Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Organizational intelligence quality and mentor Organizational intelligence customer orientation.
Participatory organization Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Participatory organization planning and get the big picture.
– For your Business agility project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Think about the functions involved in your Business agility project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are specific Business agility Rules to follow?
Self-organization Critical Criteria:
Judge Self-organization management and pioneer acquisition of Self-organization systems.
– Is Supporting Business agility documentation required?
– Why is Business agility important for you now?
– How would one define Business agility leadership?
Self-organizing Critical Criteria:
Steer Self-organizing issues and do something to it.
– Will Business agility deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Who needs to know about Business agility ?
Spontaneous order Critical Criteria:
Detail Spontaneous order planning and explain and analyze the challenges of Spontaneous order.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business agility?
– What are internal and external Business agility relations?
– How to Secure Business agility?
W. L. Gore & Associates Critical Criteria:
Graph W. L. Gore & Associates projects and catalog W. L. Gore & Associates activities.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Business agility opportunities costing us money?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business agility project?
– Why are Business agility skills important?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business agility Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business agility External links:
Business agility is the ability of a business to adapt rapidly and cost efficiently in response to changes in the business environment. Business agility can be maintained by maintaining and adapting goods and services to meet customer demands, adjusting to the changes in a business environment and taking advantage of human resources.
How DevOps Can Unleash Business Agility | Pega
Agile software development External links:
Agile Software Development – Free Agile Whitepaper
Ad · go.jamasoftware.com/Agile
Agile Software Development | App Development | Softxpert
RoleModel Software – Custom Agile Software Development
Burning Man External links:
Burning Man – Official Site
Burning Man – Home | Facebook
Burning Man Rideshare
Business system External links:
Joletec Business System – Zimco
Certified Minority Business System
Danaher Business System | Danaher
Complex adaptive systems External links:
Missouri S&T Complex Adaptive Systems
Welcome | Complex Adaptive Systems Initiative
Complex systems External links:
Model-Based Design of Complex Systems
MIT’s Architecture of Complex Systems Online Course …
Complexity External links:
Complexity: A Guided Tour by Melanie Mitchell
Complexity (2011) – IMDb
Computational Complexity authors/titles recent …
Complexity science External links:
Complexity Science Flashcards | Quizlet
Complexity Science Overview – YouTube
complexity map castellani map of complexity science
Dynamic decision making External links:
Dynamic Decision Making Laboratory
Effects of Feedback Complexity on Dynamic Decision Making
Edge of chaos External links:
Home – Independence War II – Edge of Chaos – Community
Edge of Chaos – Complexity Labs
Modding – Independence War II – Edge of Chaos – Community
Emergence External links:
The Re-emergence of CBD—A Brief History
Home – Emergence Health Network
Holacracy External links:
holaSpirit – Application for Holacracy and teal organizations
Holacracy Definition | Investopedia
GlassFrog | Your Holacracy Companion
International Standard Book Number External links:
ISBN – The International Standard Book Number
What is an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)?
ISBN: International Standard Book Number for Self …
Model of hierarchical complexity External links:
Model of Hierarchical Complexity – P2P Foundation
Model of hierarchical complexity (2/3) – YouTube
Model of Hierarchical Complexity – Learning Theories
Organizational intelligence External links:
CompetencyIQ | Organizational Intelligence
Institutional Research as Organizational Intelligence – …
Organizational Intelligence Surveys: A Smarter …
Participatory organization External links:
triaxiom9 – We are an open participatory organization
Self-organization External links:
Why Self-Organization Is the Future of Software Development
Cognitive Economics: How Self-Organization and …
Self-Organization Overview – YouTube
Self-organizing External links:
Self-Organizing Network Models and Planning
Self-Organizing Particle Systems
Spontaneous order External links:
Spontaneous Order – Online Library of Liberty
Spontaneous order vs. central planning – WND
Immanuel Kant on Spontaneous Order | Libertarianism.org