What is involved in Crystal Reports
Find out what the related areas are that Crystal Reports connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Crystal Reports thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Crystal Reports journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Crystal Reports leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Crystal Reports related domains to cover and 108 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Crystal Reports, Adaptive Server Enterprise, Application programming interface, Business Objects, Business intelligence, For Dummies, Geographic information system, Holistic Systems, IBM DB2, List & Label, Lotus Notes, McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, McGraw-Hill Professional, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Novell GroupWise, OLE DB, Operating system, Oracle Database, Original Equipment Manufacturer, Reporting software, SAP ERP, SAP SE, SQL Server Reporting Services, Seagate Software, Seagate Technology, Software categories, Software developer, Software license, Text file, Visual Studio:
Crystal Reports Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Crystal Reports goals and forecast involvement of future Crystal Reports projects in development.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Crystal Reports strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Why are Crystal Reports skills important?
Adaptive Server Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Adaptive Server Enterprise issues and tour deciding if Adaptive Server Enterprise progress is made.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Crystal Reports workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Crystal Reports?
Application programming interface Critical Criteria:
Examine Application programming interface risks and find answers.
– Think about the people you identified for your Crystal Reports project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does Crystal Reports analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Can we do Crystal Reports without complex (expensive) analysis?
Business Objects Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Business Objects adoptions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How does Tableau stack up against the traditional BI software like Microstrategy or Business Objects?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Crystal Reports forward?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Crystal Reports objectives?
– Do we have past Crystal Reports Successes?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Business intelligence issues and customize techniques for implementing Business intelligence controls.
– What are the potential areas of conflict that can arise between organizations IT and marketing functions around the deployment and use of business intelligence and data analytics software services and what is the best way to resolve them?
– Are NoSQL databases used primarily for applications or are they used in Business Intelligence use cases as well?
– What strategies will we pursue to ensure the success of the business intelligence competency center?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What are the approaches to handle RTB related data 100 GB aggregated for business intelligence?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Why does animosity endure between IT and business when it comes to business intelligence?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– What documentation is provided with the software / system and in what format?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– What should recruiters look for in a business intelligence professional?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Technical Administrators?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Report Users?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– What would true business intelligence look like?
– How is business intelligence disseminated?
– What is your licensing model and prices?
– Business Intelligence Tools?
– How are you going to manage?
– Using dashboard functions?
For Dummies Critical Criteria:
Focus on For Dummies management and describe the risks of For Dummies sustainability.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Crystal Reports project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Crystal Reports opportunities costing us money?
– Will Crystal Reports deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Geographic information system Critical Criteria:
Recall Geographic information system failures and assess what counts with Geographic information system that we are not counting.
– Think about the functions involved in your Crystal Reports project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Crystal Reports leader?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Crystal Reports Management?
Holistic Systems Critical Criteria:
Shape Holistic Systems visions and grade techniques for implementing Holistic Systems controls.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Crystal Reports that make it risky?
– What are our Crystal Reports Processes?
– Are there Crystal Reports Models?
IBM DB2 Critical Criteria:
Merge IBM DB2 tactics and stake your claim.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Crystal Reports, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we go about Comparing Crystal Reports approaches/solutions?
– How do we maintain Crystal Reportss Integrity?
List & Label Critical Criteria:
Canvass List & Label decisions and find out what it really means.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Crystal Reports process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Crystal Reports process available?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Crystal Reports project?
Lotus Notes Critical Criteria:
Define Lotus Notes planning and mentor Lotus Notes customer orientation.
– Does Crystal Reports systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Have all basic functions of Crystal Reports been defined?
– Are there recognized Crystal Reports problems?
McGraw-Hill Osborne Media Critical Criteria:
Gauge McGraw-Hill Osborne Media results and look at the big picture.
– Do we all define Crystal Reports in the same way?
McGraw-Hill Professional Critical Criteria:
Check McGraw-Hill Professional engagements and devote time assessing McGraw-Hill Professional and its risk.
– How do we Improve Crystal Reports service perception, and satisfaction?
Microsoft Access Critical Criteria:
Jump start Microsoft Access projects and ask what if.
– What are the key elements of your Crystal Reports performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What is the source of the strategies for Crystal Reports strengthening and reform?
– How would one define Crystal Reports leadership?
Microsoft Excel Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Microsoft Excel engagements and gather practices for scaling Microsoft Excel.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Crystal Reports goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Crystal Reports processes of our organization?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Crystal Reports leaders?
Microsoft Exchange Server Critical Criteria:
Test Microsoft Exchange Server engagements and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Crystal Reports is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What is the purpose of Crystal Reports in relation to the mission?
– What business benefits will Crystal Reports goals deliver if achieved?
Microsoft SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Microsoft SQL Server governance and create a map for yourself.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Crystal Reports processes?
– Do those selected for the Crystal Reports team have a good general understanding of what Crystal Reports is all about?
– Can Microsoft SQL Server Express be contacted?
– Is Crystal Reports Required?
Microsoft Visual Studio Critical Criteria:
Boost Microsoft Visual Studio tasks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Microsoft Visual Studio decisions.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Crystal Reports move?
– Does our organization need more Crystal Reports education?
– How is the value delivered by Crystal Reports being measured?
Novell GroupWise Critical Criteria:
Unify Novell GroupWise quality and transcribe Novell GroupWise as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Crystal Reports activities?
– What threat is Crystal Reports addressing?
OLE DB Critical Criteria:
Check OLE DB planning and arbitrate OLE DB techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Crystal Reports models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Crystal Reports?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Consult on Operating system adoptions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Operating system because they lack skills.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– Do Crystal Reports rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
– What is our Crystal Reports Strategy?
Oracle Database Critical Criteria:
Match Oracle Database planning and report on the economics of relationships managing Oracle Database and constraints.
– To what extent does management recognize Crystal Reports as a tool to increase the results?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Crystal Reports?
Original Equipment Manufacturer Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Original Equipment Manufacturer tasks and check on ways to get started with Original Equipment Manufacturer.
– Does Crystal Reports appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How can you measure Crystal Reports in a systematic way?
Reporting software Critical Criteria:
See the value of Reporting software strategies and look at the big picture.
– Do the Crystal Reports decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is the Crystal Reports organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Dissect SAP ERP outcomes and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in SAP ERP.
– Do we monitor the Crystal Reports decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Be clear about SAP SE strategies and frame using storytelling to create more compelling SAP SE projects.
– How will you measure your Crystal Reports effectiveness?
SQL Server Reporting Services Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on SQL Server Reporting Services failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Crystal Reports project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Crystal Reports project lifecycle?
– Who needs to know about Crystal Reports ?
Seagate Software Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Seagate Software results and balance specific methods for improving Seagate Software results.
– Have you identified your Crystal Reports key performance indicators?
Seagate Technology Critical Criteria:
Recall Seagate Technology planning and innovate what needs to be done with Seagate Technology.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Crystal Reports experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Crystal Reports does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Reason over Software categories tactics and describe the risks of Software categories sustainability.
– How do we measure improved Crystal Reports service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we Lead with Crystal Reports in Mind?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Software developer adoptions and explore and align the progress in Software developer.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– Are accountability and ownership for Crystal Reports clearly defined?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Nurse Software license engagements and gather practices for scaling Software license.
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Crystal Reports been identified and analyzed?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
Text file Critical Criteria:
Define Text file quality and report on setting up Text file without losing ground.
– How do we go about Securing Crystal Reports?
Visual Studio Critical Criteria:
Guard Visual Studio leadership and probe Visual Studio strategic alliances.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Crystal Reports?
– Does the Crystal Reports task fit the clients priorities?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Crystal Reports Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Adaptive Server Enterprise External links:
Adaptive Server Enterprise Developer Edition
[PDF]Release Bulletin Adaptive Server Enterprise Version …
Application programming interface External links:
BEA Data Application Programming Interface (API)
Business Objects External links:
[PDF]Quick Reference Card – Business Objects Change …
Business Objects Developer Jobs – Monster.com
Business intelligence External links:
[PDF]Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst – ttra
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Business Intelligence & Analytics, BI Software – Birst
For Dummies External links:
ITIL for dummies (eBook, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Bible for Dummies – AbeBooks
Real Estate for Dummies! | Wallingford Realty Inc
Geographic information system External links:
City of Rochester | Online Geographic Information System (GIS)
City of Rochester | Geographic Information System (GIS) Maps
Geographic Information System – Kent County, Michigan
Holistic Systems External links:
Holistic Systems, Mary Meyer – Wellness Advocate – …
IBM DB2 External links:
Security Vulnerability: IBM DB2 Universal Database …
IBM DB2 | FileMaker Community
Lotus Notes External links:
How to Configure the Lotus Notes Client
[PDF]Lotus Notes Demo – topazsystems.com
McGraw-Hill Osborne Media External links:
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media | Open Library
McGraw-Hill Professional External links:
McGraw-Hill Professional | Portal
Microsoft Access External links:
How to create a running totals query in Microsoft Access
BTAB Development | Microsoft Access quick tutorials, …
Microsoft Excel External links:
Learn To Use Microsoft Excel | Deskbright
Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook Online Training Courses
Microsoft Excel Online – Work together on Excel …
Microsoft SQL Server External links:
Microsoft SQL Server Support | UpSearch
Update Center for Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft Visual Studio External links:
Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation User CAL – …
www.cdw.com › … › Forms Management/Design Software
Novell GroupWise External links:
2954214: Novell GroupWise System Security
OLE DB External links:
oledb – what is the difference between OLE DB and …
Oracle Provider for OLE DB – technet.microsoft.com
OLE DB Provider for Jet – technet.microsoft.com
Operating system External links:
KAR Management Operating System (MOS) – Login
nCino Bank Operating System
Operating System and Browser warning
Oracle Database External links:
Oracle Database Upgrade Guide, 12c Release 2 (12.2)
Original Equipment Manufacturer External links:
Original Equipment Manufacturer – OEM – Investopedia
Reporting software External links:
Metro 2® credit reporting software, Credit Manager
RepAgencyWorks Court Reporting Software
SAP SE External links:
SAP SE – NYSE:SAP – Stock Quote & News – TheStreet
Sap Se – SAP – Stock Price Today – Zacks
SQL Server Reporting Services External links:
SQL Server Reporting Services – technet.microsoft.com
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Tutorial
Seagate Technology External links:
Seagate Technology Plc – STX – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Seagate Technology on the Forbes Top Regarded …
Seagate Technology plc (STX) – Yahoo Finance
Software categories External links:
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Software developer External links:
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Software Developer Jobs – Search Software Developer …
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Software license External links:
Microsoft Software License Terms
Software License Management & more | X-Formation
Autodesk Software License Review Portal :: Welcome
Text file External links:
Reading/writing text file while excluding header – …
Microsoft Windows 2000 Scripting Guide – Reading Text Files
How to create a text file list of the contents of a folder
Visual Studio External links:
Python Tools for Visual Studio – Home
Customize Visual Studio Window Title – VS Extension – …
Visual Studio Code – Official Site