What is involved in Oracle Cloud
Find out what the related areas are that Oracle Cloud connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Oracle Cloud thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Oracle Cloud journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Oracle Cloud leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Oracle Cloud related domains to cover and 108 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Oracle Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Apache Hadoop, Apache Kafka, Cloud computing, Data as a service, Data center, Fortune Magazine, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Bluemix, Infrastructure as a service, Microsoft Azure, Open-source software, Open standard, Oracle Certification Program, Oracle Corporation, Platform as a service, Public company, Redwood City, California, Redwood Shores, California, Representational state transfer, Safra A. Catz, Software as a service, Software framework, The Wall Street Journal, Third-party software component:
Oracle Cloud Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Oracle Cloud strategies and finalize specific methods for Oracle Cloud acceptance.
– What are the disruptive Oracle Cloud technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Oracle Cloud leader?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Oracle Cloud processes?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Examine Amazon Web Services decisions and stake your claim.
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Can we do Oracle Cloud without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the usability implications of Oracle Cloud actions?
– How do we go about Securing Oracle Cloud?
Apache Hadoop Critical Criteria:
Systematize Apache Hadoop adoptions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Oracle Cloud services/products?
– Why should we adopt a Oracle Cloud framework?
– How to Secure Oracle Cloud?
Apache Kafka Critical Criteria:
Merge Apache Kafka leadership and observe effective Apache Kafka.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Oracle Cloud moving forward?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Oracle Cloud move?
– Are there recognized Oracle Cloud problems?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Map Cloud computing failures and achieve a single Cloud computing view and bringing data together.
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– To what extent do you believe the use of cloud computing will improve its ability to provide support for the business in the next two years?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Which cloud computing characteristic enables consumers to get computing resources without any human intervention?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– How should we report on the geographic location (street address) for cloud computing solutions?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– Is cloud computing a threat to the real sense of ownership?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
– What are the benefits of cloud computing to consumers?
– Is there a good pricing model for cloud services?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– Should we evaluate a hybrid cloud strategy?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
Data as a service Critical Criteria:
Model after Data as a service tactics and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Data as a service results.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Oracle Cloud workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Oracle Cloud project?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Oracle Cloud effort?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Group Data center management and get the big picture.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Oracle Cloud been identified and analyzed?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– Which Oracle Cloud goals are the most important?
– How many data center sites do you have?
Fortune Magazine Critical Criteria:
Unify Fortune Magazine quality and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Fortune Magazine.
– Think about the people you identified for your Oracle Cloud project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How likely is the current Oracle Cloud plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the business goals Oracle Cloud is aiming to achieve?
Google Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Google Cloud Platform issues and optimize Google Cloud Platform leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Oracle Cloud activities?
– Does our organization need more Oracle Cloud education?
– What are our Oracle Cloud Processes?
IBM Bluemix Critical Criteria:
Canvass IBM Bluemix projects and define what do we need to start doing with IBM Bluemix.
– Do we monitor the Oracle Cloud decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are the barriers to increased Oracle Cloud production?
– How much does Oracle Cloud help?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Apply Infrastructure as a service governance and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Oracle Cloud information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What is our formula for success in Oracle Cloud ?
– Is the scope of Oracle Cloud defined?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Microsoft Azure failures and get the big picture.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Oracle Cloud is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Open-source software Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Open-source software failures and look at it backwards.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Oracle Cloud does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Oracle Cloud with what users do day-to-day?
– To what extent does management recognize Oracle Cloud as a tool to increase the results?
Open standard Critical Criteria:
Analyze Open standard visions and describe which business rules are needed as Open standard interface.
– Can we add value to the current Oracle Cloud decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Oracle Cloud requirements in detail?
– Does Oracle Cloud analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Oracle Certification Program Critical Criteria:
Align Oracle Certification Program decisions and pay attention to the small things.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Oracle Cloud that make it risky?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Oracle Cloud project?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Oracle Corporation strategies and forecast involvement of future Oracle Corporation projects in development.
– what is the best design framework for Oracle Cloud organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What about Oracle Cloud Analysis of results?
– Are there Oracle Cloud Models?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Platform as a service management and secure Platform as a service creativity.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Oracle Cloud process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Oracle Cloud process available?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Oracle Cloud processes?
Public company Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Public company management and oversee implementation of Public company.
– Think about the functions involved in your Oracle Cloud project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How will you measure your Oracle Cloud effectiveness?
– Is a Oracle Cloud Team Work effort in place?
Redwood City, California Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Redwood City, California failures and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Redwood City, California.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Oracle Cloud?
– What are all of our Oracle Cloud domains and what do they do?
Redwood Shores, California Critical Criteria:
Graph Redwood Shores, California risks and define what our big hairy audacious Redwood Shores, California goal is.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Oracle Cloud objectives?
– Is there any existing Oracle Cloud governance structure?
Representational state transfer Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Representational state transfer projects and test out new things.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Oracle Cloud project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Oracle Cloud project lifecycle?
– Who sets the Oracle Cloud standards?
Safra A. Catz Critical Criteria:
Add value to Safra A. Catz risks and arbitrate Safra A. Catz techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Oracle Cloud strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Are there Oracle Cloud problems defined?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Probe Software as a service visions and develop and take control of the Software as a service initiative.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Oracle Cloud. How do we gain traction?
– How can you negotiate Oracle Cloud successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Oracle Cloud agendas for the next 3 years?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Software framework Critical Criteria:
Grade Software framework engagements and oversee Software framework requirements.
– How can skill-level changes improve Oracle Cloud?
– Do we all define Oracle Cloud in the same way?
The Wall Street Journal Critical Criteria:
Talk about The Wall Street Journal leadership and visualize why should people listen to you regarding The Wall Street Journal.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Oracle Cloud processes?
Third-party software component Critical Criteria:
Confer re Third-party software component failures and report on developing an effective Third-party software component strategy.
– What is Effective Oracle Cloud?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Oracle Cloud Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Oracle Cloud External links:
Job Information: Oracle Cloud Account Executive Job
Oracle Cloud Customer Connect Welcome Page
Oracle Cloud for the C-Suite
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
Apache Hadoop External links:
Apache Hadoop open source ecosystem | Cloudera
Dell Cloudera Apache Hadoop Solutions | Dell United States
Apache Hadoop training from Cloudera University
Apache Kafka External links:
CloudKarafka – Apache Kafka Message streaming as a Service
Confluent Cloud: Apache Kafka as a Service | Confluent
Cloud computing External links:
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
ClearDATA – Secure, HIPAA Compliant Cloud Computing
Data as a service External links:
BrightPlanet – Deep Web Data Collection & Data as a Service
Data center External links:
ADE Data Center – Home
Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI)
Data Dashboards – Education Research and Data Center
Fortune Magazine External links:
Walker & Dunlop Named to Fortune Magazine’s Great Place …
Google Cloud Platform External links:
Google Cloud Platform Podcast
Google Cloud Platform – Google Developers Console
Google Cloud Platform Blog
IBM Bluemix External links:
IBM Bluemix Infrastructure on the App Store – iTunes
IBM Bluemix – United States
IBM Bluemix Data Connect – United States
Infrastructure as a service External links:
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud-Based Infrastructure as a Service Comes to …
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Essentials | Azure training – cloud services
Microsoft Azure Pass
Open-source software External links:
Open standard External links:
68 Adult open standard – YouTube
Oracle Certification Program External links:
Oracle Certification Program Emagazine – September 2013
Oracle Certification Program – Oracle FAQ
Oracle Corporation External links:
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Oracle Corporation: NYSE:ORCL quotes & news – Google …
Platform as a service External links:
Business Messaging Platform as a Service – Skycore
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
AppHarbor – .NET Cloud Platform as a Service
Public company External links:
footnoted* — Sifting Through Public Company Filings So …
Monitor Public Company Risk | CreditRiskMonitor
Redwood City, California External links:
AT&T Store – Redwood City, California
New and Used Porsche Dealer | Redwood City, California
Redwood Shores, California External links:
Redwood Shores, California – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Redwood Shores, California
Representational state transfer External links:
Representational State Transfer (REST) Integration …
Safra A. Catz External links:
Safra A. Catz | Executive Biography
Safra A. Catz Quotes – BrainyQuote
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
The Wall Street Journal External links:
Home – The Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal – Home | Facebook