What is involved in Unified Communications and Collaboration
Find out what the related areas are that Unified Communications and Collaboration connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Unified Communications and Collaboration thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Unified Communications and Collaboration related domains to cover and 115 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Unified Communications and Collaboration, Unified communications, Call control, Collaborative software, Communications service provider, Computer network, Computer speech recognition, Desktop sharing, Digital signage, Emergency communication system, Extension Mobility, Fixed-mobile convergence, IBM Lotus Sametime, IP telephony, Instant messaging, Intelligent network service, Interactive whiteboard, Internet Protocol Television, Juniper Networks, Key telephone system, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows, Mobile collaboration, Mozilla Thunderbird, Network World, Office Communications Server, Phone company, Presence information, Presence service, Private branch exchange, Real-time Transport Protocol, Software as a service, Speech recognition, Telecommunication circuit, Telephone exchange, Unified Communications Interoperability Forum, Unified Communications as a Service, Unified communications management, Unified messaging, Unify GmbH & Co. KG, Video conferencing, Voice over Internet Protocol:
Unified Communications and Collaboration Critical Criteria:
Study Unified Communications and Collaboration quality and shift your focus.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Unified Communications and Collaboration services/products?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Unified Communications and Collaboration leaders?
– Which Unified Communications and Collaboration goals are the most important?
Unified communications Critical Criteria:
Dissect Unified communications management and look for lots of ideas.
– In what ways are Unified Communications and Collaboration vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Unified Communications and Collaboration been identified and analyzed?
– Is Unified Communications and Collaboration Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Call control Critical Criteria:
Steer Call control strategies and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Call control.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What is the source of the strategies for Unified Communications and Collaboration strengthening and reform?
Collaborative software Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Collaborative software quality and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Collaborative software projects.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Unified Communications and Collaboration objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Among the Unified Communications and Collaboration product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Chart Communications service provider projects and mentor Communications service provider customer orientation.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Unified Communications and Collaboration forward?
– To what extent does management recognize Unified Communications and Collaboration as a tool to increase the results?
– Is a Unified Communications and Collaboration Team Work effort in place?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Computer network adoptions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Computer network skills.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Unified Communications and Collaboration ?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Are we Assessing Unified Communications and Collaboration and Risk?
– Are there Unified Communications and Collaboration Models?
Computer speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Start Computer speech recognition decisions and grade techniques for implementing Computer speech recognition controls.
– what is the best design framework for Unified Communications and Collaboration organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do we Improve Unified Communications and Collaboration service perception, and satisfaction?
– Do we all define Unified Communications and Collaboration in the same way?
Desktop sharing Critical Criteria:
X-ray Desktop sharing leadership and drive action.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are our needs in relation to Unified Communications and Collaboration skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What is our formula for success in Unified Communications and Collaboration ?
Digital signage Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Digital signage management and give examples utilizing a core of simple Digital signage skills.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Unified Communications and Collaboration is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Will Unified Communications and Collaboration deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Is the scope of Unified Communications and Collaboration defined?
Emergency communication system Critical Criteria:
Detail Emergency communication system tactics and interpret which customers can’t participate in Emergency communication system because they lack skills.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Unified Communications and Collaboration project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are our Unified Communications and Collaboration Processes?
Extension Mobility Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Extension Mobility issues and devise Extension Mobility key steps.
– Which customers cant participate in our Unified Communications and Collaboration domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– What will drive Unified Communications and Collaboration change?
Fixed-mobile convergence Critical Criteria:
Scan Fixed-mobile convergence governance and describe which business rules are needed as Fixed-mobile convergence interface.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Unified Communications and Collaboration project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Unified Communications and Collaboration project lifecycle?
– How can you negotiate Unified Communications and Collaboration successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Unified Communications and Collaboration opportunities costing us money?
IBM Lotus Sametime Critical Criteria:
Merge IBM Lotus Sametime strategies and gather IBM Lotus Sametime models .
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Unified Communications and Collaboration that make it risky?
– How will you know that the Unified Communications and Collaboration project has been successful?
– What are the business goals Unified Communications and Collaboration is aiming to achieve?
IP telephony Critical Criteria:
Scan IP telephony governance and finalize the present value of growth of IP telephony.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Unified Communications and Collaboration workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How important is Unified Communications and Collaboration to the user organizations mission?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Grade Instant messaging issues and prioritize challenges of Instant messaging.
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– How do we Identify specific Unified Communications and Collaboration investment and emerging trends?
Intelligent network service Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Intelligent network service engagements and plan concise Intelligent network service education.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Interactive whiteboard Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Interactive whiteboard governance and summarize a clear Interactive whiteboard focus.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Unified Communications and Collaboration processes?
– What is the purpose of Unified Communications and Collaboration in relation to the mission?
Internet Protocol Television Critical Criteria:
Generalize Internet Protocol Television visions and arbitrate Internet Protocol Television techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
Juniper Networks Critical Criteria:
Survey Juniper Networks visions and describe the risks of Juniper Networks sustainability.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Unified Communications and Collaboration leader?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Unified Communications and Collaboration process?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Unified Communications and Collaboration Management?
Key telephone system Critical Criteria:
Dissect Key telephone system tasks and probe the present value of growth of Key telephone system.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Unified Communications and Collaboration processes of our organization?
– What vendors make products that address the Unified Communications and Collaboration needs?
Lotus Notes Critical Criteria:
Shape Lotus Notes leadership and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Lotus Notes services.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Unified Communications and Collaboration move?
– Who will provide the final approval of Unified Communications and Collaboration deliverables?
Microsoft Outlook Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Microsoft Outlook decisions and summarize a clear Microsoft Outlook focus.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Unified Communications and Collaboration experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How can the value of Unified Communications and Collaboration be defined?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Audit Microsoft Windows tactics and create Microsoft Windows explanations for all managers.
– Is there any existing Unified Communications and Collaboration governance structure?
Mobile collaboration Critical Criteria:
Sort Mobile collaboration failures and revise understanding of Mobile collaboration architectures.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
– Can we do Unified Communications and Collaboration without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How to deal with Unified Communications and Collaboration Changes?
Mozilla Thunderbird Critical Criteria:
Adapt Mozilla Thunderbird adoptions and stake your claim.
– What are the short and long-term Unified Communications and Collaboration goals?
Network World Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Network World tactics and optimize Network World leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Unified Communications and Collaboration activities?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Office Communications Server Critical Criteria:
Map Office Communications Server visions and find out what it really means.
Phone company Critical Criteria:
Mine Phone company results and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Phone company.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Presence information Critical Criteria:
Use past Presence information risks and find answers.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Unified Communications and Collaboration models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Presence service Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Presence service tasks and drive action.
– What are the disruptive Unified Communications and Collaboration technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Private branch exchange Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Private branch exchange planning and separate what are the business goals Private branch exchange is aiming to achieve.
– How likely is the current Unified Communications and Collaboration plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are all of our Unified Communications and Collaboration domains and what do they do?
Real-time Transport Protocol Critical Criteria:
Consider Real-time Transport Protocol tactics and report on developing an effective Real-time Transport Protocol strategy.
– Is maximizing Unified Communications and Collaboration protection the same as minimizing Unified Communications and Collaboration loss?
– Think of your Unified Communications and Collaboration project. what are the main functions?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Graph Software as a service issues and arbitrate Software as a service techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Unified Communications and Collaboration does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– In a project to restructure Unified Communications and Collaboration outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Do Unified Communications and Collaboration rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Confer over Speech recognition results and learn.
– Is the Unified Communications and Collaboration organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is Supporting Unified Communications and Collaboration documentation required?
Telecommunication circuit Critical Criteria:
Probe Telecommunication circuit governance and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Telecommunication circuit decisions.
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Coach on Telephone exchange management and question.
– What about Unified Communications and Collaboration Analysis of results?
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Unified Communications Interoperability Forum engagements and drive action.
– Do we have past Unified Communications and Collaboration Successes?
Unified Communications as a Service Critical Criteria:
Focus on Unified Communications as a Service decisions and research ways can we become the Unified Communications as a Service company that would put us out of business.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Unified Communications and Collaboration with what users do day-to-day?
Unified communications management Critical Criteria:
Grade Unified communications management failures and secure Unified communications management creativity.
– What are the usability implications of Unified Communications and Collaboration actions?
– How can you measure Unified Communications and Collaboration in a systematic way?
Unified messaging Critical Criteria:
Grasp Unified messaging tactics and reduce Unified messaging costs.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Unified Communications and Collaboration process?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Unified Communications and Collaboration requirements in detail?
Unify GmbH & Co. KG Critical Criteria:
Coach on Unify GmbH & Co. KG leadership and be persistent.
– Do those selected for the Unified Communications and Collaboration team have a good general understanding of what Unified Communications and Collaboration is all about?
Video conferencing Critical Criteria:
Chart Video conferencing adoptions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Video conferencing skills.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Unified Communications and Collaboration product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Unified Communications and Collaboration in a volatile global economy?
– Who needs to know about Unified Communications and Collaboration ?
Voice over Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Voice over Internet Protocol goals and attract Voice over Internet Protocol skills.
– Are there recognized Unified Communications and Collaboration problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Unified Communications and Collaboration External links:
Unified Communications and Collaboration | UC-One
Unified Communications and Collaboration Solutions | TPx
Unified communications External links:
Teo-Unified Communications and Contact Center
Unified Communications & Conferencing | West Corporation
collab9 | Unified Communications and Business Phone …
Call control External links:
Call Control – Cisco
Outgoing Call Control User Guide – AT&T
Call Control – Block calls for mobile, home and carriers
Collaborative software External links:
Collaborative software solutions from MultiTaction
Fordaq | Collaborative Software Solutions
Home – IRIS Business Architect collaborative software
Communications service provider External links:
Lithexcel, Marketing and Communications Service Provider
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Computer Networks – Journal – Elsevier
Desktop sharing External links:
Ammyy Admin – Free Remote Desktop Sharing and …
Digital signage External links:
AdvantageTec: Digital Signage & Car Dealership …
Digital Signage Software | RMG Networks
OpenEye Global | Digital Signage | Wayfinding | Design
Emergency communication system External links:
4800 Emergency Communication System | Area of …
Emergency Communication System – Rave Mobile Safety
UO Emergency Communication System | UO Information …
Extension Mobility External links:
Configuring Extension Mobility – YouTube
How to clear EndUser Extension Mobility Dynamics | …
Extension Mobility Login | Office of IT
IBM Lotus Sametime External links:
IBM Lotus Sametime – publicnetworkmeeting.fdnet.com
Log In – IBM Lotus Sametime – Log in to Sametime
IP telephony External links:
IP Telephony Voice over IP (VoIP) – Cisco
IP Telephony | Kent State University
IP telephony – Gartner IT Glossary
Instant messaging External links:
CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform – CME Group
Business Instant Messaging Software | LivePerson
SaluSafe Secure Email and Instant Messaging
Intelligent network service External links:
Patent EP0722257B1 – Intelligent network service …
Interactive whiteboard External links:
Interactive Whiteboard Games | PBS KIDS
DTEN – Interactive Whiteboard Display Designed for …
Internet Protocol Television External links:
Global Internet Protocol Television Market Report – YouTube
IPTV: Internet Protocol Television – Reddit-IPTV
Completed project: Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)
Juniper Networks External links:
Juniper Networks SDN and NFV Channel at SDxCentral
Juniper Networks, Inc. – JNPR – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Juniper Networks Certification Program :: Pearson VUE
Key telephone system External links:
Toshiba CTX 670 CIX 670 Key Telephone System
Toshiba Strata DK8 Digital Key Telephone System
Key telephone system – Crest Industries, Inc.
Lotus Notes External links:
[PDF]Lotus Notes Demo – topazsystems.com
How to Configure the Lotus Notes Client
Microsoft Outlook External links:
G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook® – Google
Microsoft Outlook Web Access – Log Off
Setting Up Your E-mail in Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Windows External links:
Creating a Password Reset Disk in Microsoft Windows …
Mobile collaboration External links:
Mobile Collaboration Platform – eesyQ
Avaya IPO Mobile Collaboration – YouTube
Mobile Collaboration – Send Word Now
Mozilla Thunderbird External links:
How to Configure Mozilla Thunderbird for Yahoo! Mail: 9 Steps
Setting Up Your E-mail in Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird – Download
Network World External links:
Novosti mira – Information and advertising network World …
Network World – Home | Facebook
DNSHighWay Our Network World Map power by HostingBuY
Office Communications Server External links:
Office Communications Server Resource Kit – microsoft.com
Office Communications Server or Lync Server 2010 …
Phone company External links:
Partner Mobile – Mobile Phone Company in Nigeria
Ohio Telecom – The Phone Company You Keep
Annatel US – Your English Speaking Phone Company in Israel
Presence service External links:
Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service
Private branch exchange External links:
PBX (private branch exchange) – Gartner IT Glossary
Veritas Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
Private Branch Exchange | Arizona Public Safety …
Real-time Transport Protocol External links:
[PDF]Configuring Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol …
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Parameters
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
Speech recognition External links:
Certified eSupport: Dictation & Speech Recognition …
How to use Speech Recognition – Windows Help
TalkTyper – Speech Recognition in a Browser
Telecommunication circuit External links:
A telecommunication circuit is any line, conductor, or other conduit by which information is transmitted. A dedicated circuit, private circuit, or leased line is a line that is dedicated to only one use. Originally, this was analog, and was often used by radio stations as a studio/transmitter link (STL) or remote pickup unit (RPU) for their audio, sometimes as a backup to other means.
Telephone exchange External links:
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum External links:
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCIF)
Unified Communications as a Service External links:
UCaaS, Unified Communications As A Service | Masergy
Unified communications management External links:
[PDF]Using Unified Communications Management to …
[PDF]Using Unified Communications Management (UCM) …
Unified messaging External links:
What is unified messaging (unified messaging system or …
NuPoint Unified Messaging – Login
Unified Messaging System
Unify GmbH & Co. KG External links:
Unify GmbH & Co. KG: quotes & news – Google Finance
Video conferencing External links:
HIPAA Compliant Video Conferencing for Telemental …
Voice over Internet Protocol External links:
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
“Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP), Video Games, and …