What is involved in Project-Based Learning
Find out what the related areas are that Project-Based Learning connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Project-Based Learning thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Project-Based Learning journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Project-Based Learning leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Project-Based Learning related domains to cover and 120 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Project-Based Learning, 21st century skills, Active learning, Challenge-based learning, Constructivist learning, Da Vinci Schools, Design-based learning, Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy, Dragons’ Den, EdVisions Schools, Envision Schools, European Union, Experiential education, Fremdsprachen und Hochschule, Hyper Island, Inquiry-based learning, International Baccalaureate, Khan Lab School, Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013, Manor Independent School District, Muscatine High School, New Tech Network, New Technology High School, Nobel Education Network, North Bay Academy of Communication and Design, North Peace Secondary School, Northwoods Community Secondary School, Phenomenon-based learning, Problem-based learning, Raisbeck Aviation High School, Reggio Emilia approach, Shark Tank, Student-centred learning, Student voice, Sudbury school, TAGOS Leadership Academy, Teaching for social justice, Think Global School, Valley New School, Vega Schools, Gurgaon:
Project-Based Learning Critical Criteria:
X-ray Project-Based Learning visions and innovate what needs to be done with Project-Based Learning.
– In a project to restructure Project-Based Learning outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Project-Based Learning?
– Who will provide the final approval of Project-Based Learning deliverables?
21st century skills Critical Criteria:
Group 21st century skills governance and work towards be a leading 21st century skills expert.
– For your Project-Based Learning project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Project-Based Learning does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Which Project-Based Learning goals are the most important?
Active learning Critical Criteria:
Administer Active learning visions and integrate design thinking in Active learning innovation.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Project-Based Learning information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the disruptive Project-Based Learning technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What is the source of the strategies for Project-Based Learning strengthening and reform?
Challenge-based learning Critical Criteria:
Systematize Challenge-based learning outcomes and drive action.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Project-Based Learning process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Project-Based Learning process available?
– To what extent does management recognize Project-Based Learning as a tool to increase the results?
– Who sets the Project-Based Learning standards?
Constructivist learning Critical Criteria:
Dissect Constructivist learning leadership and interpret which customers can’t participate in Constructivist learning because they lack skills.
– How can you negotiate Project-Based Learning successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Project-Based Learning?
– Have you identified your Project-Based Learning key performance indicators?
Da Vinci Schools Critical Criteria:
Dissect Da Vinci Schools goals and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Da Vinci Schools.
– Which customers cant participate in our Project-Based Learning domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Project-Based Learning?
– How do we go about Securing Project-Based Learning?
Design-based learning Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Design-based learning management and proactively manage Design-based learning risks.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Project-Based Learning processes?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Project-Based Learning forward?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Project-Based Learning effort?
Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy Critical Criteria:
Sort Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy engagements and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Project-Based Learning, including any consulting or professional services?
– Do the Project-Based Learning decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are the usability implications of Project-Based Learning actions?
Dragons’ Den Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Dragons’ Den tasks and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Dragons’ Den services.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Project-Based Learning been identified and analyzed?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Project-Based Learning processes?
– What is Effective Project-Based Learning?
EdVisions Schools Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to EdVisions Schools decisions and achieve a single EdVisions Schools view and bringing data together.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Project-Based Learning objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Project-Based Learning?
– What threat is Project-Based Learning addressing?
Envision Schools Critical Criteria:
Test Envision Schools strategies and figure out ways to motivate other Envision Schools users.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Project-Based Learning study?
– What is the purpose of Project-Based Learning in relation to the mission?
– How do we keep improving Project-Based Learning?
European Union Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re European Union issues and proactively manage European Union risks.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Project-Based Learning delivery for example is new software needed?
Experiential education Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Experiential education planning and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Experiential education projects.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Project-Based Learning that make it risky?
– How to Secure Project-Based Learning?
Fremdsprachen und Hochschule Critical Criteria:
Group Fremdsprachen und Hochschule goals and balance specific methods for improving Fremdsprachen und Hochschule results.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Project-Based Learning moving forward?
Hyper Island Critical Criteria:
Design Hyper Island management and give examples utilizing a core of simple Hyper Island skills.
– In the case of a Project-Based Learning project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Project-Based Learning project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Project-Based Learning project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Project-Based Learning processes?
– How do we maintain Project-Based Learnings Integrity?
Inquiry-based learning Critical Criteria:
Investigate Inquiry-based learning planning and research ways can we become the Inquiry-based learning company that would put us out of business.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Project-Based Learning with what users do day-to-day?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Project-Based Learning move?
International Baccalaureate Critical Criteria:
Audit International Baccalaureate planning and correct better engagement with International Baccalaureate results.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Project-Based Learning leaders?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Project-Based Learning requirements in detail?
Khan Lab School Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Khan Lab School tasks and correct better engagement with Khan Lab School results.
– Do those selected for the Project-Based Learning team have a good general understanding of what Project-Based Learning is all about?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Project-Based Learning is underway?
– How do we measure improved Project-Based Learning service perception, and satisfaction?
Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 results and integrate design thinking in Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 innovation.
– Does Project-Based Learning systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How can the value of Project-Based Learning be defined?
– Is a Project-Based Learning Team Work effort in place?
Manor Independent School District Critical Criteria:
Start Manor Independent School District outcomes and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Is there a Project-Based Learning Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Project-Based Learning project?
– Does Project-Based Learning appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Muscatine High School Critical Criteria:
Explore Muscatine High School issues and perfect Muscatine High School conflict management.
– How much does Project-Based Learning help?
New Tech Network Critical Criteria:
Communicate about New Tech Network tactics and look in other fields.
– what is the best design framework for Project-Based Learning organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Project-Based Learning processes of our organization?
– How do we Identify specific Project-Based Learning investment and emerging trends?
New Technology High School Critical Criteria:
Face New Technology High School governance and revise understanding of New Technology High School architectures.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Project-Based Learning ?
– Does Project-Based Learning analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Are there Project-Based Learning problems defined?
Nobel Education Network Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Nobel Education Network results and oversee implementation of Nobel Education Network.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Project-Based Learning? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Project-Based Learning Management?
North Bay Academy of Communication and Design Critical Criteria:
Be clear about North Bay Academy of Communication and Design engagements and define what our big hairy audacious North Bay Academy of Communication and Design goal is.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Project-Based Learning models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Do we all define Project-Based Learning in the same way?
North Peace Secondary School Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate North Peace Secondary School outcomes and grade techniques for implementing North Peace Secondary School controls.
– Do Project-Based Learning rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Northwoods Community Secondary School Critical Criteria:
Recall Northwoods Community Secondary School engagements and revise understanding of Northwoods Community Secondary School architectures.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Project-Based Learning workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the key elements of your Project-Based Learning performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are specific Project-Based Learning Rules to follow?
Phenomenon-based learning Critical Criteria:
Adapt Phenomenon-based learning strategies and get the big picture.
– How do we know that any Project-Based Learning analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is our formula for success in Project-Based Learning ?
Problem-based learning Critical Criteria:
Gauge Problem-based learning strategies and perfect Problem-based learning conflict management.
– What are current Project-Based Learning Paradigms?
Raisbeck Aviation High School Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Raisbeck Aviation High School issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Raisbeck Aviation High School.
Reggio Emilia approach Critical Criteria:
Administer Reggio Emilia approach management and create Reggio Emilia approach explanations for all managers.
– Among the Project-Based Learning product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Project-Based Learning process?
Shark Tank Critical Criteria:
Examine Shark Tank adoptions and get the big picture.
– Do we monitor the Project-Based Learning decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are internal and external Project-Based Learning relations?
Student-centred learning Critical Criteria:
Review Student-centred learning visions and create Student-centred learning explanations for all managers.
– How do we go about Comparing Project-Based Learning approaches/solutions?
– Why should we adopt a Project-Based Learning framework?
Student voice Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Student voice governance and get the big picture.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Project-Based Learning? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Have all basic functions of Project-Based Learning been defined?
– Why is Project-Based Learning important for you now?
Sudbury school Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Sudbury school tactics and oversee Sudbury school requirements.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Project-Based Learning values?
TAGOS Leadership Academy Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on TAGOS Leadership Academy planning and acquire concise TAGOS Leadership Academy education.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Project-Based Learning services/products?
Teaching for social justice Critical Criteria:
Grasp Teaching for social justice governance and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Teaching for social justice services.
– What are the barriers to increased Project-Based Learning production?
Think Global School Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Think Global School governance and tour deciding if Think Global School progress is made.
– Consider your own Project-Based Learning project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How can skill-level changes improve Project-Based Learning?
Valley New School Critical Criteria:
Jump start Valley New School governance and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Valley New School projects.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Project-Based Learning activities?
Vega Schools, Gurgaon Critical Criteria:
Analyze Vega Schools, Gurgaon outcomes and probe Vega Schools, Gurgaon strategic alliances.
– Is maximizing Project-Based Learning protection the same as minimizing Project-Based Learning loss?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Project-Based Learning activities?
– How is the value delivered by Project-Based Learning being measured?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Project-Based Learning Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Project-Based Learning External links:
Is project-based learning the new way to teach? – CNN
21st century skills External links:
21st century skills – YouTube
Active learning External links:
DELL Active Learning Spaces
Choosy Kids – Resources for Healthy and Active Learning
Active Learning Strategies | Center for Teaching & Learning
Challenge-based learning External links:
28 apps for challenge-based learning projects | eSchool …
Constructivist learning External links:
Constructivist Learning – YouTube
Constructivist Learning Theory | Exploratorium
Constructivist Learning | University of Phoenix Research …
Da Vinci Schools External links:
Northrop Grumman Innovation Lab @ Da Vinci Schools – …
Our Story – Da Vinci Schools
Da Vinci Schools | SchoolMint
Design-based learning External links:
Design-Based Learning and Student Achievement – ASCD
Design-Based Learning : Cal Poly Pomona
Design-Based Learning : Cal Poly Pomona
Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy External links:
Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy – Santa Barbara …
Donate – Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy
Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy, Goleta, CA
Dragons’ Den External links:
Dragons’ Den (TV Series 2006– ) – IMDb
Jeremy Clarkson in Dragons’ Den – YouTube
Envision Schools External links:
Envision Schools | Project Based Learning | BIE
European Union External links:
EUROPA – Countries | European Union
European Union (EU) Export Certificate List
Experiential education External links:
Experiential education – LEARN NC
Experiential Education | The K-Plan | Kalamazoo College
Experiential Education | School of Pharmacy
Hyper Island External links:
HYPER ISLAND HOLDING INC. :: OpenCorporates
Hyper Island – Official Site
Hyper Island Shop – Home | Facebook
Inquiry-based learning External links:
[PDF]Inquiry-based Learning – Pennsylvania State University
[DOC]Inquiry-Based Learning – Electrical Circuits
International Baccalaureate External links:
International Baccalaureate / What are the PYP Key …
International Baccalaureate (IB) / Homepage
International Baccalaureate (IB) | University of Rochester
Khan Lab School External links:
Khan Lab School in Mountain View, CA – realtor.com®
Khan Lab School – Official Site
Khan Lab School
Manor Independent School District External links:
Manor Independent School District Careers and …
Home Page-Manor Independent School District
Muscatine High School External links:
Muscatine High School Vocal Dept. – Home – News and Updates
Muscatine High School – Official MapQuest
Muscatine High School Cheerleading – Photos | Facebook
New Tech Network External links:
New Tech Network: Transforming teaching and learning
Welcome to New Tech Network! – YouTube
New Tech Network – Home | Facebook
New Technology High School External links:
Sacramento New Technology High School – Home | Facebook
Sacramento New Technology High School – We Design …
Nobel Education Network External links:
Nobel Education Network – Home | Facebook
North Peace Secondary School External links:
North Peace Secondary School – Posts | Facebook
North Peace Secondary School Find Alumni Class …
NPSS – North Peace Secondary School – DoubleRam Disc
Northwoods Community Secondary School External links:
Northwoods Community Secondary School – Home | Facebook
Problem-based learning External links:
A Taste of Problem-based Learning Increases Achievement …
Problem-Based Learning | SIU School of Medicine
Raisbeck Aviation High School External links:
Raisbeck Aviation High School – YouTube
Raisbeck Aviation High School–Edgerton’s Schedule
Raisbeck Aviation High School Eflyers – Peachjar
Reggio Emilia approach External links:
Reggio Emilia Approach, ABC Playcenter – YouTube
New Reggio Emilia Approach Certificate Program!
Shark Tank External links:
Prep Expert SAT & ACT Classes | As Seen On Shark Tank
Windcatcher – Fastest Inflation – As Seen on Shark Tank
Hold Your Haunches | As Seen On Shark Tank | Shapewear …
Student-centred learning External links:
Student-centred learning: a humanist perspective: …
Student voice External links:
The Critograph | Student Voice of Lynchburg College
International Journal of Student Voice
Jerry Greenspan Student Voice of Mental Health Award – …
Sudbury school External links:
Wicklow Sudbury School – Home | Facebook
Tallgrass Sudbury School
The Boulder Sudbury School – Home | Facebook
TAGOS Leadership Academy External links:
TAGOS Leadership Academy | DonorsChoose.org
TAGOS Daily Schedule – TAGOS Leadership Academy
Tagos Leadership Academy | Janesville, WI – balfour.com
Teaching for social justice External links:
“Teaching for Social Justice in Three Voices” by Scott …
Think Global School External links:
THINK Global School – Posts | Facebook
International Schools Services – THINK Global School
Gillian Aftanas THINK Global School Testimonial – YouTube
Valley New School External links:
Valley New School Supply Lists 2017-2018 – TeacherLists
Valley New School Appleton WI – VocabularySpellingCity
Vega Schools, Gurgaon External links:
Fire Evacuation Drill at Vega Schools, Gurgaon – YouTube