What is involved in Crystal Reports
Find out what the related areas are that Crystal Reports connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Crystal Reports thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Crystal Reports journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Crystal Reports leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Crystal Reports related domains to cover and 121 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Crystal Reports, Adaptive Server Enterprise, Application programming interface, Business Objects, Business intelligence, For Dummies, Geographic information system, Holistic Systems, IBM DB2, List & Label, Lotus Notes, McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, McGraw-Hill Professional, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Novell GroupWise, OLE DB, Operating system, Oracle Database, Original Equipment Manufacturer, Reporting software, SAP ERP, SAP SE, SQL Server Reporting Services, Seagate Software, Seagate Technology, Software categories, Software developer, Software license, Text file, Visual Studio:
Crystal Reports Critical Criteria:
Canvass Crystal Reports risks and define what our big hairy audacious Crystal Reports goal is.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Crystal Reports process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Crystal Reports process available?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Crystal Reports processes?
– What vendors make products that address the Crystal Reports needs?
Adaptive Server Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Adaptive Server Enterprise governance and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Crystal Reports product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do those selected for the Crystal Reports team have a good general understanding of what Crystal Reports is all about?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Crystal Reports?
Application programming interface Critical Criteria:
Steer Application programming interface decisions and finalize the present value of growth of Application programming interface.
– Consider your own Crystal Reports project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Crystal Reports values?
Business Objects Critical Criteria:
Sort Business Objects visions and assess what counts with Business Objects that we are not counting.
– How does Tableau stack up against the traditional BI software like Microstrategy or Business Objects?
– Have you identified your Crystal Reports key performance indicators?
– Does our organization need more Crystal Reports education?
– What about Crystal Reports Analysis of results?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Start Business intelligence quality and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Business intelligence.
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– Does the software provide fast query performance, either via its own fast in-memory software or by directly connecting to fast data stores?
– Does your software provide roleand group-based security options that allow business users to securely create and publish their work?
– Does your bi solution require weeks of training before new users can analyze data and publish dashboards?
– What strategies will we pursue to ensure the success of the business intelligence competency center?
– What is the biggest value proposition for new BI or analytics functionality at your company?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
– Does your bi solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– What are the best BI and reporting tools for embedding in a SaaS application?
– What tools are there for publishing sharing and visualizing data online?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing Business Intelligence?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Report Users?
– No single business unit responsible for enterprise data?
– Is your software easy for it to manage and upgrade?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– How is business intelligence disseminated?
– Do you support video integration?
– What is your annual maintenance?
For Dummies Critical Criteria:
Unify For Dummies decisions and create a map for yourself.
– Does Crystal Reports include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do the Crystal Reports decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we go about Comparing Crystal Reports approaches/solutions?
Geographic information system Critical Criteria:
Confer re Geographic information system engagements and pioneer acquisition of Geographic information system systems.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Crystal Reports?
– Is maximizing Crystal Reports protection the same as minimizing Crystal Reports loss?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Crystal Reports forward?
Holistic Systems Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Holistic Systems outcomes and report on setting up Holistic Systems without losing ground.
– Does Crystal Reports systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are our needs in relation to Crystal Reports skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is there any existing Crystal Reports governance structure?
IBM DB2 Critical Criteria:
Learn from IBM DB2 strategies and devise IBM DB2 key steps.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Crystal Reports workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– In a project to restructure Crystal Reports outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How would one define Crystal Reports leadership?
List & Label Critical Criteria:
Steer List & Label strategies and point out List & Label tensions in leadership.
– Is Crystal Reports Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Do we all define Crystal Reports in the same way?
– Why should we adopt a Crystal Reports framework?
Lotus Notes Critical Criteria:
Dissect Lotus Notes goals and achieve a single Lotus Notes view and bringing data together.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Crystal Reports is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Crystal Reports activities?
McGraw-Hill Osborne Media Critical Criteria:
Examine McGraw-Hill Osborne Media failures and get going.
– Who needs to know about Crystal Reports ?
– Is the scope of Crystal Reports defined?
– How to Secure Crystal Reports?
McGraw-Hill Professional Critical Criteria:
Review McGraw-Hill Professional decisions and devote time assessing McGraw-Hill Professional and its risk.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Crystal Reports in a volatile global economy?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Crystal Reports project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How will you know that the Crystal Reports project has been successful?
Microsoft Access Critical Criteria:
Pilot Microsoft Access strategies and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Microsoft Access results.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Crystal Reports? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Why are Crystal Reports skills important?
Microsoft Excel Critical Criteria:
Judge Microsoft Excel adoptions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Microsoft Excel.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Crystal Reports opportunities costing us money?
– How can we improve Crystal Reports?
Microsoft Exchange Server Critical Criteria:
Pilot Microsoft Exchange Server adoptions and look at the big picture.
– What are the barriers to increased Crystal Reports production?
– Are assumptions made in Crystal Reports stated explicitly?
Microsoft SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Face Microsoft SQL Server quality and display thorough understanding of the Microsoft SQL Server process.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Crystal Reports project manager?
– Can Microsoft SQL Server Express be contacted?
– Are there recognized Crystal Reports problems?
Microsoft Visual Studio Critical Criteria:
Probe Microsoft Visual Studio results and report on developing an effective Microsoft Visual Studio strategy.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Crystal Reports?
– Do we have past Crystal Reports Successes?
– What are our Crystal Reports Processes?
Novell GroupWise Critical Criteria:
Nurse Novell GroupWise outcomes and raise human resource and employment practices for Novell GroupWise.
– What are current Crystal Reports Paradigms?
OLE DB Critical Criteria:
Pilot OLE DB issues and probe OLE DB strategic alliances.
– What is the source of the strategies for Crystal Reports strengthening and reform?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Consult on Operating system management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Operating system projects.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
– Are there Crystal Reports problems defined?
– What is Effective Crystal Reports?
Oracle Database Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Oracle Database strategies and ask questions.
– Is the Crystal Reports organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Crystal Reports study?
– Who sets the Crystal Reports standards?
Original Equipment Manufacturer Critical Criteria:
Probe Original Equipment Manufacturer strategies and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Crystal Reports?
– What business benefits will Crystal Reports goals deliver if achieved?
Reporting software Critical Criteria:
Probe Reporting software issues and optimize Reporting software leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Crystal Reports project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Crystal Reports project lifecycle?
– How do we measure improved Crystal Reports service perception, and satisfaction?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Administer SAP ERP risks and triple focus on important concepts of SAP ERP relationship management.
– what is the best design framework for Crystal Reports organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Crystal Reports? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Refer to SAP SE adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive SAP SE decisions.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Crystal Reports, including any consulting or professional services?
– Do we monitor the Crystal Reports decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
SQL Server Reporting Services Critical Criteria:
Shape SQL Server Reporting Services adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive SQL Server Reporting Services services.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Crystal Reports does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the short and long-term Crystal Reports goals?
– How do we Lead with Crystal Reports in Mind?
Seagate Software Critical Criteria:
Jump start Seagate Software results and adopt an insight outlook.
Seagate Technology Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Seagate Technology risks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Seagate Technology results.
– Is there a Crystal Reports Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Crystal Reports that make it risky?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Check Software categories failures and maintain Software categories for success.
– Think about the functions involved in your Crystal Reports project. what processes flow from these functions?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Pilot Software developer planning and get going.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Crystal Reports models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– How much does Crystal Reports help?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Learn from Software license strategies and describe which business rules are needed as Software license interface.
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– In what ways are Crystal Reports vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Crystal Reports effort?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
Text file Critical Criteria:
Own Text file planning and gather practices for scaling Text file.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Crystal Reports with what users do day-to-day?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Crystal Reports ?
Visual Studio Critical Criteria:
Grasp Visual Studio tactics and attract Visual Studio skills.
– How can the value of Crystal Reports be defined?
– How do we maintain Crystal Reportss Integrity?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Crystal Reports Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Crystal Reports External links:
Crystal Reports | Division of Information Technology
Creating Parameters in Crystal Reports (filtering) – YouTube
Crystal Reports Data Export To HTML – tutorialspoint.com
Adaptive Server Enterprise External links:
Adaptive Server Enterprise Developer Edition
Application programming interface External links:
What is an API? – Application Programming Interface – …
Business Objects External links:
Title Business Objects Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Business Objects Report Writing Guide – CMS Net
Business intelligence External links:
[PDF]Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst – ttra
For Dummies External links:
Real Estate for Dummies! | Wallingford Realty Inc
Geographic information system External links:
Fulton County Geographic Information System
COT – Geographic Information System (GIS)
GIS – Geographic Information System – Rockingham County …
Holistic Systems External links:
Holistic Systems, Mary Meyer – Wellness Advocate – …
IBM DB2 External links:
IBM DB2 | FileMaker Community
Security Vulnerability: IBM DB2 Universal Database …
Lotus Notes External links:
[PDF]Lotus Notes Demo – Topaz Systems
Change the Display Name in Lotus Notes
McGraw-Hill Osborne Media External links:
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media | Open Library
McGraw-Hill Professional External links:
McGraw-Hill Professional | Portal
McGraw-Hill Professional: Tell it Slant, Second Edition
Microsoft Access External links:
How to create a running totals query in Microsoft Access
Microsoft Excel External links:
Microsoft Excel Online – Work together on Excel …
Microsoft Exchange Server External links:
Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Editor
Microsoft Exchange Server Training & Certifications
Novell GroupWise External links:
Support for Novell Groupwise (80115)
2954214: Novell GroupWise System Security
OLE DB External links:
oledb – what is the difference between OLE DB and …
How to find a record using ADO and Jet OLE DB provider
Operating system External links:
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
Operating System and Browser warning
nCino Bank Operating System
Oracle Database External links:
Oracle Database Upgrade Guide, 12c Release 2 (12.2)
Four Cornerstone | Oracle Database | MYSQL Support | …
Oracle Database PL/SQL Language Reference, 11g …
Original Equipment Manufacturer External links:
What is Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)? Webopedia
Reporting software External links:
Cloud Financial Reporting Software | FYIsoft
RegTek Solutions – Trade Reporting Software Solutions
SAP SE External links:
Sap Se – SAP – Stock Price Today – Zacks
SAP-DE: SAP SE – Stock Quote and News – CNBC
Investor Services | SAP Investor Relations | About SAP SE
SQL Server Reporting Services External links:
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Tutorial
SQL Server Reporting Services Playbook | Pluralsight
SQL Server Reporting Services – technet.microsoft.com
Seagate Technology External links:
Seagate Technology PLC – NASDAQ:STX – Stock Quote & …
Seagate Technology 1280 Disc Dr Shakopee, MN …
Seagate Technology on the Forbes Top Regarded …
Software categories External links:
What are some Enterprise Software categories? – Quora
How to Create Custom Software Categories
Software developer External links:
Title Software Developer Vs Engineer
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Software Developer Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Software license External links:
Software License Management & more | X-Formation
Autodesk Software License Review Portal :: Welcome
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT – Remote Accounting
Text file External links:
How to create a text file list of the contents of a folder
Microsoft Windows 2000 Scripting Guide – Reading Text Files
Visual Studio External links:
Customize Visual Studio Window Title – VS Extension – …