What is involved in Communications and Network Security
Find out what the related areas are that Communications and Network Security connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Communications and Network Security thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Communications and Network Security journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Communications and Network Security leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Communications and Network Security related domains to cover and 122 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Communications and Network Security, Communications security, Access control, Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Classified information, Commonwealth Securities, Controlled Cryptographic Item, Copyright status of work by the U.S. government, Cryptographic security, De facto standard, Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms, Dynamic secrets, Electronic Key Management System, Electronics technician, Frequency hopping, General Services Administration, Information security, Information warfare, Military communications, NSA encryption systems, NSA product types, National Information Systems Security Glossary, National Security Agency, North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Operations security, Over the Air Rekeying, Physical security, Secure Terminal Equipment, Secure communication, Signal operating instructions, Signals intelligence, Spectrum management, Spread spectrum, Traffic analysis, Transmission security, Two person integrity, United States Department of Defense, Voice encryption:
Communications and Network Security Critical Criteria:
Confer over Communications and Network Security decisions and test out new things.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Communications and Network Security processes?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Communications and Network Security study?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Communications and Network Security activities?
Communications security Critical Criteria:
Pilot Communications security issues and check on ways to get started with Communications security.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Communications and Network Security objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– In a project to restructure Communications and Network Security outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is our Communications and Network Security Strategy?
Access control Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Access control adoptions and track iterative Access control results.
– Question to cloud provider: Does your platform offer fine-grained access control so that my users can have different roles that do not create conflicts or violate compliance guidelines?
– Are information security policies, including policies for access control, application and system development, operational, network and physical security, formally documented?
– Can the access control product protect individual devices (e.g., floppy disks, compact disks–read-only memory CD-ROM, serial and parallel interfaces, and system clipboard)?
– If our security management product supports access control based on defined rules, what is the granularity of the rules supported: access control per user, group, or role?
– Does the provider utilize Network Access Control based enforcement for continuous monitoring of its virtual machine population and virtual machine sprawl prevention?
– Access control: Are there appropriate controls over access to PII when stored in the cloud so that only individuals with a need to know will be able to access it?
– Do the Communications and Network Security decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Do access control logs contain successful and unsuccessful login attempts and access to audit logs?
– Is the process actually generating measurable improvement in the state of logical access control?
– Access control: Are there appropriate access controls over PII when it is in the cloud?
– Access Control To Program Source Code: Is access to program source code restricted?
– What is the direction of flow for which access control is required?
– Should we call it role based rule based access control, or rbrbac?
– Do the provider services offer fine grained access control?
– How would one define Communications and Network Security leadership?
– What access control exists to protect the data?
– What is our role based access control?
– Who determines access controls?
Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency Critical Criteria:
Sort Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency results and assess and formulate effective operational and Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency strategies.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Communications and Network Security project?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Communications and Network Security that make it risky?
– Is Supporting Communications and Network Security documentation required?
Classified information Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Classified information tasks and innovate what needs to be done with Classified information.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Communications and Network Security product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Are there any data with specific security or regulatory concerns with sharing (e.g. classified information or handling requirements), and how will they be addressed?
– What are the disruptive Communications and Network Security technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Does Communications and Network Security analysis show the relationships among important Communications and Network Security factors?
Commonwealth Securities Critical Criteria:
Talk about Commonwealth Securities quality and gather practices for scaling Commonwealth Securities.
– what is the best design framework for Communications and Network Security organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Does Communications and Network Security systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How likely is the current Communications and Network Security plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Controlled Cryptographic Item Critical Criteria:
Recall Controlled Cryptographic Item engagements and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Controlled Cryptographic Item results.
– Consider your own Communications and Network Security project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Communications and Network Security processes?
Copyright status of work by the U.S. government Critical Criteria:
Canvass Copyright status of work by the U.S. government strategies and oversee Copyright status of work by the U.S. government management by competencies.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Communications and Network Security process?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Communications and Network Security strengthening and reform actually originate?
Cryptographic security Critical Criteria:
Study Cryptographic security outcomes and probe Cryptographic security strategic alliances.
– What is the purpose of Communications and Network Security in relation to the mission?
– How can skill-level changes improve Communications and Network Security?
De facto standard Critical Criteria:
Analyze De facto standard tactics and shift your focus.
– Do you see the need for actions in the area of standardisation (including both formal standards and the promotion of/agreement on de facto standards) related to your sector?
– Are there recognized Communications and Network Security problems?
– How to deal with Communications and Network Security Changes?
Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms tasks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Communications and Network Security requirements in detail?
– Why is Communications and Network Security important for you now?
Dynamic secrets Critical Criteria:
Meet over Dynamic secrets results and assess what counts with Dynamic secrets that we are not counting.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Communications and Network Security objectives?
– Does Communications and Network Security appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How do we keep improving Communications and Network Security?
Electronic Key Management System Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Electronic Key Management System tasks and sort Electronic Key Management System activities.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Communications and Network Security?
Electronics technician Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Electronics technician outcomes and find answers.
– What is the source of the strategies for Communications and Network Security strengthening and reform?
– Are accountability and ownership for Communications and Network Security clearly defined?
– How do we Lead with Communications and Network Security in Mind?
Frequency hopping Critical Criteria:
Read up on Frequency hopping governance and look at the big picture.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Communications and Network Security into the services that we provide?
– Do we all define Communications and Network Security in the same way?
– What are our Communications and Network Security Processes?
General Services Administration Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about General Services Administration failures and maintain General Services Administration for success.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Communications and Network Security. How do we gain traction?
– Do we monitor the Communications and Network Security decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Apply Information security projects and pioneer acquisition of Information security systems.
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Are information security policies and other relevant security information disseminated to all system users (including vendors, contractors, and business partners)?
– Do we have an official information security architecture, based on our Risk Management analysis and information security strategy?
– Is mgmt able to determine whether security activities delegated to people or implemented by information security are performing as expected?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (ciso or equivalent title)?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– How to achieve a satisfied level of information security?
– What is information security?
Information warfare Critical Criteria:
Design Information warfare engagements and define Information warfare competency-based leadership.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Communications and Network Security, including any consulting or professional services?
– Is Communications and Network Security Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Military communications Critical Criteria:
X-ray Military communications adoptions and secure Military communications creativity.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Communications and Network Security?
– How will you know that the Communications and Network Security project has been successful?
– How can we improve Communications and Network Security?
NSA encryption systems Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about NSA encryption systems governance and acquire concise NSA encryption systems education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Communications and Network Security process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Communications and Network Security process available?
– Is there a Communications and Network Security Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
NSA product types Critical Criteria:
Grade NSA product types leadership and pay attention to the small things.
– How can you negotiate Communications and Network Security successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
National Information Systems Security Glossary Critical Criteria:
Map National Information Systems Security Glossary management and innovate what needs to be done with National Information Systems Security Glossary.
– Is a Communications and Network Security Team Work effort in place?
National Security Agency Critical Criteria:
Review National Security Agency results and find out what it really means.
– Among the Communications and Network Security product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we go about Comparing Communications and Network Security approaches/solutions?
North Atlantic Treaty Organization Critical Criteria:
Reorganize North Atlantic Treaty Organization issues and ask what if.
– Think about the people you identified for your Communications and Network Security project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Communications and Network Security process?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Communications and Network Security project?
Operations security Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Operations security issues and probe Operations security strategic alliances.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Communications and Network Security agendas for the next 3 years?
Over the Air Rekeying Critical Criteria:
Detail Over the Air Rekeying planning and finalize specific methods for Over the Air Rekeying acceptance.
– Which customers cant participate in our Communications and Network Security domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the usability implications of Communications and Network Security actions?
Physical security Critical Criteria:
Dissect Physical security engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Physical security projects.
– Are there multiple physical security controls (such as badges, escorts, or mantraps) in place that would prevent unauthorized individuals from gaining access to the facility?
– Does your Cybersecurity plan contain both cyber and physical security components, or does your physical security plan identify critical cyber assets?
– Has Cybersecurity been identified in the physical security plans for the assets, reflecting planning for a blended cyber/physical attack?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Communications and Network Security project manager?
– Secured Offices, Rooms and Facilities: Are physical security for offices, rooms and facilities designed and applied?
– Is the security product consistent with physical security and other policy requirements?
Secure Terminal Equipment Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Secure Terminal Equipment planning and raise human resource and employment practices for Secure Terminal Equipment.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Communications and Network Security products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who needs to know about Communications and Network Security ?
Secure communication Critical Criteria:
Refer to Secure communication strategies and research ways can we become the Secure communication company that would put us out of business.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Communications and Network Security processes?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Communications and Network Security Management?
Signal operating instructions Critical Criteria:
Own Signal operating instructions tasks and mentor Signal operating instructions customer orientation.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Communications and Network Security forward?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Communications and Network Security ?
Signals intelligence Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Signals intelligence planning and differentiate in coordinating Signals intelligence.
– Have all basic functions of Communications and Network Security been defined?
– Why are Communications and Network Security skills important?
Spectrum management Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Spectrum management risks and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Spectrum management is getting what it needs.
– What are our needs in relation to Communications and Network Security skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we maintain Communications and Network Securitys Integrity?
Spread spectrum Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Spread spectrum risks and secure Spread spectrum creativity.
– Are we Assessing Communications and Network Security and Risk?
Traffic analysis Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Traffic analysis tactics and handle a jump-start course to Traffic analysis.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Communications and Network Security leader?
Transmission security Critical Criteria:
Drive Transmission security issues and develop and take control of the Transmission security initiative.
Two person integrity Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Two person integrity governance and create Two person integrity explanations for all managers.
– What are current Communications and Network Security Paradigms?
United States Department of Defense Critical Criteria:
Canvass United States Department of Defense adoptions and track iterative United States Department of Defense results.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Communications and Network Security strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Voice encryption Critical Criteria:
Depict Voice encryption visions and proactively manage Voice encryption risks.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Communications and Network Security in a volatile global economy?
– What are all of our Communications and Network Security domains and what do they do?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Communications and Network Security Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Communications security External links:
Communications Security and Compliance | 8×8, Inc.
Access control External links:
What is Access Control? – Definition from Techopedia
Contact | Doorking – Access Control Solutions
Multi-Factor Authentication – Access control | Microsoft Azure
Classified information External links:
Unauthorized Disclosure of Classified Information for …
Controlled Cryptographic Item External links:
Controlled Cryptographic Item Assembly – Defined Term
[PDF]CONTROLLED CRYPTOGRAPHIC ITEM (CCI) …
Controlled Cryptographic Item’s (CCI) Jeopardy Template
De facto standard External links:
De Facto Standard Flashcards | Quizlet
Dynamic secrets External links:
Dynamic Secrets – Getting Started – Vault by HashiCorp
Electronic Key Management System External links:
Electronic Key Management System | Keyper Systems
Electronics technician External links:
Army COOL Snapshot – RADAR Electronics Technician (RAD)
Electronics Technician Training | Gateway Technical College
Electronics Technician Orientation | San Diego …
Frequency hopping External links:
[PDF]Adaptive Use of Spectrum in Frequency Hopping …
[PDF]Robust Frequency Hopping for High Data Rate …
Frequency hopping – Ericsson Inc. – Free Patents Online
General Services Administration External links:
Safety Serve :: US General Services Administration
Information security External links:
Title & Settlement Information Security
Managed Security Services | Information Security Solutions
Home | Information Security Office
Information warfare External links:
[PDF]INFORMATION WARFARE WITH CHINESE …
Information Warfare – IWS
Journal of Information Warfare
Military communications External links:
2016 MILCOM: Premier Military Communications Event
Military Communications- A Test for Technology – U.S. …
MILCOM 2014, Military Communications Conference
NSA product types External links:
NSA product types – Revolvy
topics.revolvy.com/topic/NSA product types
National Security Agency External links:
National Security Agency – The New York Times
NSA – National Security Agency – Home | Facebook
North Atlantic Treaty Organization External links:
[PDF]NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORGANIZATION …
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), 1949
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) – What is NATO?
Operations security External links:
111 Operations Security OPSEC Flashcards | Quizlet
OSPA – The Operations Security Professional’s Association
Over the Air Rekeying External links:
Physical security External links:
ADC LTD NM Leader In Personnel & Physical Security
System and Data Verification Solution for Physical Security
Physical Security | CTTSO
Secure Terminal Equipment External links:
STE The Secure Terminal Equipment Office Telephone
Secure communication External links:
Secure Communication Management System (SCMS)
Contact// Secure Communication, Inc.
What is SECURE COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL? …
Signal operating instructions External links:
[PDF]O Scale Vertical Signal Operating Instructions
SOI abbreviation stands for Signal Operating Instructions
Signals intelligence External links:
U.S. Air Force – Career Detail – Signals Intelligence Analyst
[PDF]MCWP 2-22 Signals Intelligence
Spectrum management External links:
TCI International | Spectrum Management & Monitoring
CT Spectrum Management Association
Spread spectrum External links:
What is spread spectrum? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum RF Technology – Freewave
Futaba FASST 2.4 Gigahertz (GHz) Spread Spectrum R/C …
Traffic analysis External links:
Intelligent Network Traffic Analysis | GreyCortex
WSDOT – Traffic Design – Traffic Analysis
Traffic Analysis Tools – FHWA Operations
Transmission security External links:
[PDF]TRANSMISSION SECURITY POLICY AND …
Two person integrity External links:
Two person integrity – Revolvy
topics.revolvy.com/topic/Two person integrity&item_type=topic
TPI abbreviation stands for Two Person Integrity
United States Department of Defense External links:
United States Department of Defense Standards of …
United States Department of Defense News
Voice encryption External links:
Digital Voice Encryption Modules for Two-Way Radios
Voice Encryption – Gartner IT Glossary