What is involved in VMware
Find out what the related areas are that VMware connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a VMware thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its VMware Virtual SAN Deploy and Manage journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward VMware Virtual SAN Deploy and Manage leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which VMware related domains to cover and 127 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
VMware, Sanjay Poonen, Microsoft Virtual PC, VMware Integrated Openstack, Software industry, Interrupt Descriptor Table, United States dollar, Telligent Systems, VMware Horizon View, Platform virtualization, Open source, Real mode, VCloud Air, The Wall Street Journal, Amadeus IT Group, New York Stock Exchange, Bloomberg L.P., VMware ESXi, Mendel Rosenblum, Data at rest, Sequoia Capital, Corporate spin-off, Software Freedom Conservancy, Address space, VMware Infrastructure, Network virtualization, Adobe Systems, Software-defined storage, Wide area network, Instruction set, Microsoft Windows, Global Descriptor Table, Board of directors, Program counter, International Data Group, CA Technologies, Ars Technica, VMware Workstation Player, Cisco Systems, Computational overhead, VMware VMFS, VMware Workstation, Data Domain, Apple–Intel architecture, EMC Symmetrix:
VMware Critical Criteria:
Categorize VMware visions and devote time assessing VMware and its risk.
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– Do we monitor the VMware decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of VMware moving forward?
– What are the barriers to increased VMware production?
– Protect virtualization platforms, such as vmware?
Sanjay Poonen Critical Criteria:
Survey Sanjay Poonen results and spearhead techniques for implementing Sanjay Poonen.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about VMware. How do we gain traction?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding VMware?
– How do we go about Securing VMware?
Microsoft Virtual PC Critical Criteria:
Merge Microsoft Virtual PC tactics and do something to it.
– Who needs to know about VMware ?
VMware Integrated Openstack Critical Criteria:
Track VMware Integrated Openstack projects and find out.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the VMware process?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed VMware opportunities costing us money?
– Do we have past VMware Successes?
Software industry Critical Criteria:
Judge Software industry strategies and forecast involvement of future Software industry projects in development.
– What are the key elements of your VMware performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your VMware activities?
– How can you measure VMware in a systematic way?
Interrupt Descriptor Table Critical Criteria:
Reason over Interrupt Descriptor Table goals and describe which business rules are needed as Interrupt Descriptor Table interface.
– Is maximizing VMware protection the same as minimizing VMware loss?
– What business benefits will VMware goals deliver if achieved?
– What are our VMware Processes?
United States dollar Critical Criteria:
Sort United States dollar governance and correct better engagement with United States dollar results.
– In what ways are VMware vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in VMware?
– Why are VMware skills important?
Telligent Systems Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Telligent Systems issues and intervene in Telligent Systems processes and leadership.
– What are the Key enablers to make this VMware move?
– Is Supporting VMware documentation required?
– Does VMware appropriately measure and monitor risk?
VMware Horizon View Critical Criteria:
Have a session on VMware Horizon View management and finalize specific methods for VMware Horizon View acceptance.
– Does VMware analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Is a VMware Team Work effort in place?
Platform virtualization Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Platform virtualization projects and know what your objective is.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a VMware project?
– How do we know that any VMware analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the short and long-term VMware goals?
Open source Critical Criteria:
Detail Open source issues and intervene in Open source processes and leadership.
– Is there any open source personal cloud software which provides privacy and ease of use 1 click app installs cross platform html5?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– What are the different RDBMS (commercial and open source) options available in the cloud today?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Vetter, Infectious Open Source Software: Spreading Incentives or Promoting Resistance?
– What are some good open source projects for the internet of things?
– What are the best open source solutions for data loss prevention?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– Will VMware deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Does the VMware task fit the clients priorities?
– Is there an open source alternative to adobe captivate?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– What are the open source alternatives to Moodle?
– Is VMware Required?
Real mode Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Real mode projects and get out your magnifying glass.
– Can we add value to the current VMware decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
VCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Guide VCloud Air issues and define VCloud Air competency-based leadership.
– How do we Identify specific VMware investment and emerging trends?
– What about VMware Analysis of results?
The Wall Street Journal Critical Criteria:
Coach on The Wall Street Journal management and grade techniques for implementing The Wall Street Journal controls.
– How do we Improve VMware service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why is VMware important for you now?
Amadeus IT Group Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Amadeus IT Group decisions and gather Amadeus IT Group models .
– Have the types of risks that may impact VMware been identified and analyzed?
– What vendors make products that address the VMware needs?
– What are internal and external VMware relations?
New York Stock Exchange Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot New York Stock Exchange strategies and oversee New York Stock Exchange requirements.
– Think about the functions involved in your VMware project. what processes flow from these functions?
Bloomberg L.P. Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Bloomberg L.P. management and change contexts.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with VMware ?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as VMware leaders?
– How would one define VMware leadership?
VMware ESXi Critical Criteria:
Set goals for VMware ESXi adoptions and summarize a clear VMware ESXi focus.
– How can skill-level changes improve VMware?
Mendel Rosenblum Critical Criteria:
Rank Mendel Rosenblum goals and triple focus on important concepts of Mendel Rosenblum relationship management.
– What are the disruptive VMware technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Will VMware have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How important is VMware to the user organizations mission?
Data at rest Critical Criteria:
Confer re Data at rest adoptions and revise understanding of Data at rest architectures.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate VMware delivery for example is new software needed?
– Are there VMware Models?
Sequoia Capital Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Sequoia Capital leadership and do something to it.
– How can you negotiate VMware successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– When a VMware manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Corporate spin-off Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Corporate spin-off governance and reduce Corporate spin-off costs.
– Do the VMware decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Software Freedom Conservancy Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Software Freedom Conservancy governance and catalog Software Freedom Conservancy activities.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of VMware that make it risky?
– Are there VMware problems defined?
Address space Critical Criteria:
Reason over Address space failures and give examples utilizing a core of simple Address space skills.
– Think about the people you identified for your VMware project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
VMware Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Value VMware Infrastructure management and find the ideas you already have.
– How likely is the current VMware plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Network virtualization Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Network virtualization decisions and stake your claim.
– In the case of a VMware project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a VMware project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any VMware project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Among the VMware product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Adobe Systems Critical Criteria:
Judge Adobe Systems quality and stake your claim.
– How do we manage VMware Knowledge Management (KM)?
Software-defined storage Critical Criteria:
Probe Software-defined storage decisions and describe which business rules are needed as Software-defined storage interface.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its VMware processes?
– How much does VMware help?
Wide area network Critical Criteria:
Focus on Wide area network results and correct better engagement with Wide area network results.
– What is the total cost related to deploying VMware, including any consulting or professional services?
– Have you identified your VMware key performance indicators?
– Are there recognized VMware problems?
Instruction set Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Instruction set management and define what our big hairy audacious Instruction set goal is.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a VMware study?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Depict Microsoft Windows issues and assess what counts with Microsoft Windows that we are not counting.
Global Descriptor Table Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Global Descriptor Table decisions and question.
– What are our best practices for minimizing VMware project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the VMware project lifecycle?
– For your VMware project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Board of directors Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Board of directors quality and assess what counts with Board of directors that we are not counting.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your VMware processes?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective VMware leader?
– What key measures should we include in our annual report to our Board of Directors?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a VMware project?
Program counter Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Program counter governance and differentiate in coordinating Program counter.
– Does VMware include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Why should we adopt a VMware framework?
International Data Group Critical Criteria:
Steer International Data Group quality and define International Data Group competency-based leadership.
– Do those selected for the VMware team have a good general understanding of what VMware is all about?
CA Technologies Critical Criteria:
Align CA Technologies governance and learn.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting VMware with what users do day-to-day?
Ars Technica Critical Criteria:
Study Ars Technica results and perfect Ars Technica conflict management.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving VMware forward?
– Who sets the VMware standards?
VMware Workstation Player Critical Criteria:
Grasp VMware Workstation Player issues and balance specific methods for improving VMware Workstation Player results.
– What is our VMware Strategy?
– How to Secure VMware?
Cisco Systems Critical Criteria:
Add value to Cisco Systems tactics and look for lots of ideas.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to VMware? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our VMware agendas for the next 3 years?
Computational overhead Critical Criteria:
Match Computational overhead tactics and track iterative Computational overhead results.
– Does VMware systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
VMware VMFS Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on VMware VMFS leadership and look in other fields.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the VMware requirements in detail?
VMware Workstation Critical Criteria:
Study VMware Workstation leadership and intervene in VMware Workstation processes and leadership.
– Consider your own VMware project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Is VMware Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Data Domain Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Data Domain issues and correct better engagement with Data Domain results.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which VMware models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Apple–Intel architecture Critical Criteria:
Group Apple–Intel architecture tasks and plan concise Apple–Intel architecture education.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once VMware is underway?
EMC Symmetrix Critical Criteria:
Facilitate EMC Symmetrix goals and frame using storytelling to create more compelling EMC Symmetrix projects.
– How do your measurements capture actionable VMware information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the VMware Virtual SAN Deploy and Manage Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
VMware External links:
Download products for VMware and Hyper-V – Veeam Software
VMware vCloud Air
Sanjay Poonen External links:
Sanjay Poonen, VMware | AWS re:Invent – YouTube
VMware COO Sanjay Poonen: Our Cloud Strategy Is …
VMware Leadership – Sanjay Poonen
Microsoft Virtual PC External links:
How to Use Microsoft Virtual PC: 14 Steps (with Pictures)
Microsoft Virtual PC Specs, Pricing, Reviews, & Support
VMware Integrated Openstack External links:
VMware Integrated OpenStack Information
Introducing VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.0 – …
Software industry External links:
Revenue Recognition Software Industry
Interrupt Descriptor Table External links:
INTERRUPT DESCRIPTOR TABLE 80286(?????? …
United States dollar External links:
Convert Euro to United States Dollar | EUR to USD …
USD | United States Dollar | OANDA
Telligent Systems External links:
Telligent Systems | Crunchbase
Jobs at Telligent Systems | Ladders
Telligent Systems – The right people. The right technology.
VMware Horizon View External links:
NYCHHC – VMware Horizon View
VMware Horizon View
NYCHHC – VMware Horizon View
Open source External links:
Open Source Center – Official Site
In production and development, open source as a development model promotes a universal access via a free license to a product’s design or blueprint, and universal redistribution of that design or blueprint, including subsequent improvements to it by anyone. Before the phrase open source became widely adopted, developers and producers used a variety of other terms. Open source gained hold with the rise of the Internet, and the attendant need for massive retooling of the computing source code. Opening the source code enabled a self-enhancing diversity of production models, communication paths, and interactive communities. The open-source software movement arose to clarify the environment that the new copyright, licensing, domain, and consumer issues created. Generally, open source refers to a computer program in which the source code is available to the general public for use and/or modification from its original design. Open-source code is typically a collaborative effort where programmers improve upon the source code and share the changes within the community so that other members can help improve it further.
Real mode External links:
Real mode, also called real address mode, is an operating mode of all x86-compatible CPUs. Real mode is characterized by a 20-bit segmented memory address space (giving exactly 1 MiB of addressable memory) and unlimited direct software access to all addressable memory, I/O addresses and peripheral hardware.
PSM I – Real Mode – Mikhail Lapshin
Real mode is characterized by a 20- bit segmented memory address space (giving exactly 1 MiB of addressable memory) and unlimited direct software access to all addressable memory, I/O addresses and peripheral hardware. Real mode provides no support for memory protection, multitasking, or code privilege levels.
VCloud Air External links:
Cloud Service Pricing Calculator | vCloud Air by VMware
vCloud Air Documentation Center
Nested ESXi on vCloud Air – VMware Cloud Provider Blog
The Wall Street Journal External links:
The Wall Street Journal
Customer Center – The Wall Street Journal & Barron’s
The Wall Street Journal – Exclusive offer for students
Amadeus IT Group External links:
AMADY Amadeus IT Group SA ADR PINX:AMADY Stock …
Amadeus It Group Sa – AMADY – Stock Price Today – Zacks
AMADY – Amadeus IT Group SA Stock quote – CNNMoney…
New York Stock Exchange External links:
New York Stock Exchange – NYSE Definition | Investopedia
NYSE Holiday Schedule 2018 | New York Stock Exchange
Bloomberg L.P. External links:
Press Announcements – Bloomberg L.P.
Bloomberg L.P. Jobs at Work In Sports
Bloomberg L.P. 401(k) Online – Benefits Web
VMware ESXi External links:
How to update VMware ESXi 6.5 to 6.5 Update 1 – Mike Tabor
Mendel Rosenblum External links:
Mendel Rosenblum 1876-1955 – Ancestry
Mendel Rosenblum | Whitepages
Mendel Rosenblum’s Profile | Stanford Profiles
Data at rest External links:
What is data at rest? – Definition from WhatIs.com
What is data at rest? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Sequoia Capital External links:
Sequoia Capital – Google+
Sequoia Capital Management | Wealth Management
Software Freedom Conservancy External links:
Software Freedom Conservancy – YouTube
Software Freedom Conservancy (@conservancy) | Twitter
Software Freedom Conservancy – Google+
Address space External links:
How to share an SMTP address space in Exchange 2000 …
Visualizations of IPv4 Address Space
IPv4 Private Address Space and Filtering
VMware Infrastructure External links:
VMware Infrastructure Planner
[PDF]VMware Infrastructure Architecture Overview
VMware Infrastructure Web Access
Network virtualization External links:
Network Virtualization Articles, White Papers, Videos, & …
Home Page – Network Virtualization
Adobe Systems External links:
Add a stamp to a PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC – Adobe Systems
Dynamic Tag Management, by Adobe Systems
Wide area network External links:
Repeater List | WANRS – Wide Area Network Repeater System
What is WAN (Wide Area Network)? – Computer Hope
What Is a Wide Area Network (WAN) and How Does It Work?
Instruction set External links:
RISC-V Foundation | Instruction Set Architecture (ISA)
Microsoft Windows External links:
Apps | Microsoft Windows 10 | Official Site
Global Descriptor Table External links:
windows – Global Descriptor Table – Stack Overflow
Board of directors External links:
Elizabeth Duke Biography – Board of Directors – Wells Fargo
Board of Directors | Chicago Public Library
Board of Directors | Clinton Foundation
Program counter External links:
What is program counter and its role? – Quora
[PDF]The Program Counter – University of Texas at Dallas
assembly – invalid program counter value: 0 – Stack Overflow
International Data Group External links:
International Data Group Executives, Organizational …
International Data Group Jobs | Glassdoor
CA Technologies External links:
CA Technologies Documentation
CA Technologies – Home | Facebook
CA Technologies – Google+
Ars Technica External links:
Ars Technica – Official Site
Ars Technica – Home | Facebook
Ars Technica – YouTube
VMware Workstation Player External links:
Install VMware Workstation Player|Get Certified Get Ahead
VMware Workstation Player
GNS3 VM integration using VMware Workstation Player …
Cisco Systems External links:
CSCO Cisco Systems Inc XNAS:CSCO Stock Quote Price …
VMware VMFS External links:
[PDF]Using a VNXe Sytem with VMware NFS or VMware VMFS
Intel Optane SSD 900P U.2 formatted VMware VMFS 6 by …
VMware Workstation External links:
VMware Workstation Pro and VMware Workstation Player are the industry standard for running multiple operating systems as virtual machines on a single PC.
Data Domain External links:
[PDF]System EMC Data Domain Operating
EMC Data Domain Storage with Veeam Backup & Replication: Configuration Best Practices and Performance Expectations
Scheduling Cleaning on a Data Domain System – Dell EMC
EMC Symmetrix External links:
EMC Symmetrix VMAX 40K – SSCS