What is involved in 5G
Find out what the related areas are that 5G connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a 5G thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its 5G journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward 5G leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which 5G related domains to cover and 130 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
5G, Wireless ad hoc network, Mobile campaign, Spectral efficiency, Alcatel Lucent, IMT Advanced, BlackBerry thumb, High-Speed Circuit-Switched Data, Carrier IQ, Channel capacity, IEEE 802.16, BlackBerry 10, Rohde & Schwarz, Dual SIM, Texting while driving, IEEE 802.11ad, Telecom Italia Mobile, Mobile banking, IMDEA Networks Institute, Millimeter wave, NTT DoCoMo, Feature phone, Latvian Mobile Telephone, Mobile news, Digital AMPS, Thales Alenia Space, Mobile search, Sri Lanka Telecom, Cellular frequencies, Media independent handover, Telia Eesti, IEEE 802.11u, Radio access network, Nordic Mobile Telephone, Augmented reality, Mobile Web, Projector phone, Vertical handover, Deutsche Telekom, Smart antenna, Mobile device, 2018 World Cup, 5G, Wireless personal area network, Federal Communications Commission, European Commission, Improved Mobile Telephone Service, Ministry of Knowledge Economy, Mobile operating system, Common External Power Supply, Port of Tallinn:
5G Critical Criteria:
Disseminate 5G decisions and observe effective 5G.
– Does 5G include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How can skill-level changes improve 5G?
Wireless ad hoc network Critical Criteria:
Map Wireless ad hoc network quality and test out new things.
– What are the key elements of your 5G performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Are we Assessing 5G and Risk?
– What are our 5G Processes?
Mobile campaign Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Mobile campaign adoptions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Mobile campaign is getting what it needs.
– Think about the people you identified for your 5G project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these 5G processes?
– What is Effective 5G?
Spectral efficiency Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Spectral efficiency management and change contexts.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of 5G that make it risky?
– How important is 5G to the user organizations mission?
– How do we go about Securing 5G?
Alcatel Lucent Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Alcatel Lucent management and triple focus on important concepts of Alcatel Lucent relationship management.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of 5G product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your 5G activities?
– What threat is 5G addressing?
IMT Advanced Critical Criteria:
Depict IMT Advanced issues and revise understanding of IMT Advanced architectures.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a 5G process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the 5G process available?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your 5G strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do the 5G decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
BlackBerry thumb Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect BlackBerry thumb issues and adopt an insight outlook.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a 5G project?
– Is 5G dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
High-Speed Circuit-Switched Data Critical Criteria:
Audit High-Speed Circuit-Switched Data visions and look in other fields.
– Is a 5G Team Work effort in place?
– What are current 5G Paradigms?
Carrier IQ Critical Criteria:
Explore Carrier IQ results and summarize a clear Carrier IQ focus.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which 5G models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are accountability and ownership for 5G clearly defined?
– Which 5G goals are the most important?
Channel capacity Critical Criteria:
Look at Channel capacity results and balance specific methods for improving Channel capacity results.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your 5G processes?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the 5G process?
– Does the 5G task fit the clients priorities?
IEEE 802.16 Critical Criteria:
Mine IEEE 802.16 outcomes and visualize why should people listen to you regarding IEEE 802.16.
– To what extent does management recognize 5G as a tool to increase the results?
– Can we do 5G without complex (expensive) analysis?
BlackBerry 10 Critical Criteria:
Read up on BlackBerry 10 engagements and change contexts.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting 5G with what users do day-to-day?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a 5G project?
Rohde & Schwarz Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Rohde & Schwarz risks and probe Rohde & Schwarz strategic alliances.
– Does 5G appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How do we maintain 5Gs Integrity?
Dual SIM Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Dual SIM goals and gather Dual SIM models .
– How can you measure 5G in a systematic way?
– Do we have past 5G Successes?
Texting while driving Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Texting while driving engagements and describe which business rules are needed as Texting while driving interface.
– What management system can we use to leverage the 5G experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do we measure improved 5G service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the Key enablers to make this 5G move?
IEEE 802.11ad Critical Criteria:
Wrangle IEEE 802.11ad outcomes and catalog what business benefits will IEEE 802.11ad goals deliver if achieved.
– what is the best design framework for 5G organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is the source of the strategies for 5G strengthening and reform?
Telecom Italia Mobile Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Telecom Italia Mobile failures and revise understanding of Telecom Italia Mobile architectures.
– How will you measure your 5G effectiveness?
– Are there 5G Models?
Mobile banking Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Mobile banking adoptions and do something to it.
– Have the types of risks that may impact 5G been identified and analyzed?
– Does 5G analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What business benefits will 5G goals deliver if achieved?
IMDEA Networks Institute Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on IMDEA Networks Institute tasks and revise understanding of IMDEA Networks Institute architectures.
– Does 5G systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Do we all define 5G in the same way?
Millimeter wave Critical Criteria:
Generalize Millimeter wave decisions and be persistent.
– Among the 5G product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How is the value delivered by 5G being measured?
NTT DoCoMo Critical Criteria:
See the value of NTT DoCoMo goals and attract NTT DoCoMo skills.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if 5G does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the Essentials of Internal 5G Management?
Feature phone Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Feature phone quality and shift your focus.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing 5G?
– Who sets the 5G standards?
– How can we improve 5G?
Latvian Mobile Telephone Critical Criteria:
Value Latvian Mobile Telephone engagements and document what potential Latvian Mobile Telephone megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Is 5G Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are all of our 5G domains and what do they do?
Mobile news Critical Criteria:
Sort Mobile news issues and triple focus on important concepts of Mobile news relationship management.
– Have all basic functions of 5G been defined?
– How much does 5G help?
Digital AMPS Critical Criteria:
Face Digital AMPS leadership and find out what it really means.
– Does 5G create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Thales Alenia Space Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Thales Alenia Space management and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of 5G activities?
– Think of your 5G project. what are the main functions?
Mobile search Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Mobile search adoptions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Mobile search because they lack skills.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this 5G process?
Sri Lanka Telecom Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Sri Lanka Telecom planning and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Sri Lanka Telecom.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about 5G. How do we gain traction?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed 5G opportunities costing us money?
– Is the scope of 5G defined?
Cellular frequencies Critical Criteria:
Group Cellular frequencies outcomes and develop and take control of the Cellular frequencies initiative.
– How do we Identify specific 5G investment and emerging trends?
– What are the business goals 5G is aiming to achieve?
Media independent handover Critical Criteria:
Check Media independent handover adoptions and get going.
– How do we know that any 5G analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the long-term 5G goals?
Telia Eesti Critical Criteria:
Learn from Telia Eesti quality and balance specific methods for improving Telia Eesti results.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your 5G project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate 5G delivery for example is new software needed?
– Will 5G deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
IEEE 802.11u Critical Criteria:
Nurse IEEE 802.11u projects and correct IEEE 802.11u management by competencies.
– Who will provide the final approval of 5G deliverables?
Radio access network Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Radio access network results and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Radio access network projects.
– How do we Improve 5G service perception, and satisfaction?
Nordic Mobile Telephone Critical Criteria:
X-ray Nordic Mobile Telephone goals and drive action.
Augmented reality Critical Criteria:
Canvass Augmented reality goals and customize techniques for implementing Augmented reality controls.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with 5G ?
Mobile Web Critical Criteria:
Value Mobile Web decisions and learn.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once 5G is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How to deal with 5G Changes?
Projector phone Critical Criteria:
Mine Projector phone results and find out what it really means.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for 5G strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is the total cost related to deploying 5G, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic 5G objectives?
Vertical handover Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Vertical handover decisions and get going.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to 5G? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Deutsche Telekom Critical Criteria:
Systematize Deutsche Telekom results and give examples utilizing a core of simple Deutsche Telekom skills.
– What are specific 5G Rules to follow?
Smart antenna Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Smart antenna goals and create a map for yourself.
– Have you identified your 5G key performance indicators?
– Why are 5G skills important?
Mobile device Critical Criteria:
Use past Mobile device strategies and adjust implementation of Mobile device.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Does the tool we use provide the ability for mobile devices to access critical portions of the management interface?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that 5G objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
2018 World Cup Critical Criteria:
Map 2018 World Cup projects and arbitrate 2018 World Cup techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How will you know that the 5G project has been successful?
5G Critical Criteria:
Be clear about 5G risks and plan concise 5G education.
– Who needs to know about 5G ?
Wireless personal area network Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Wireless personal area network quality and pioneer acquisition of Wireless personal area network systems.
– What are the barriers to increased 5G production?
Federal Communications Commission Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Federal Communications Commission results and forecast involvement of future Federal Communications Commission projects in development.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom 5G project?
European Commission Critical Criteria:
Wrangle European Commission tactics and optimize European Commission leadership as a key to advancement.
Improved Mobile Telephone Service Critical Criteria:
Track Improved Mobile Telephone Service failures and find the essential reading for Improved Mobile Telephone Service researchers.
– Does our organization need more 5G education?
Ministry of Knowledge Economy Critical Criteria:
Learn from Ministry of Knowledge Economy engagements and achieve a single Ministry of Knowledge Economy view and bringing data together.
– Can we add value to the current 5G decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the usability implications of 5G actions?
Mobile operating system Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Mobile operating system tactics and shift your focus.
Common External Power Supply Critical Criteria:
Refer to Common External Power Supply results and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Common External Power Supply projects.
– What are internal and external 5G relations?
Port of Tallinn Critical Criteria:
Discourse Port of Tallinn management and overcome Port of Tallinn skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Consider your own 5G project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the 5G Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
5G External links:
The 4th global 5g event?G5GE 2017
3G, 4G, 4G LTE, 5G – What are these new Technologies …
The 2017 Qualcomm® 4G/5G Summit
Wireless ad hoc network External links:
IJASUC | Wireless Ad Hoc Network | Mobile Computing
Security of Wireless Ad Hoc Networks – YouTube
Mobile campaign External links:
Paper Mobile Campaign | The Marfan Foundation
IMT Advanced External links:
IMT Advanced Retreat – Molly Lannon Kenny
BlackBerry thumb External links:
Blackberry Thumb Pain – Consumer Reports
[PDF]Page 8 California Employer Update BlackBerry Thumb
Cottage Industry Springs Up To Treat ‘Blackberry Thumb’ – WSJ
High-Speed Circuit-Switched Data External links:
HSCSD (High-Speed Circuit-Switched Data) – Global …
Carrier IQ External links:
carrier IQ question for verizon | Verizon Community
Channel capacity External links:
The Four C’s of Channel Capacity Planning – The Spur Group
[PDF]Problem 1 Channel Capacity and Nyquist Bandwidth …
Port of Townsville – Channel Capacity Upgrade Project
IEEE 802.16 External links:
[PDF]Resource Allocation in IEEE 802.16 Mobile WiMAX
[PDF]Project IEEE 802.16 Broadband Wireless Access …
term:wimax = ieee 802.16 Study Sets and Flashcards | Quizlet
quizlet.com/subject/term:wimax = ieee 802.16
BlackBerry 10 External links:
Whatsapp Update For Blackberry 10 | ApkDownloadFile
Dual SIM External links:
S8/S8+: How to insert SIM card on Dual SiM device?
Lumia 950 Dual SIM product page – microsoft.com
IEEE 802.11ad External links:
[PDF]Directional MAC Protocol for IEEE 802.11ad based …
Telecom Italia Mobile External links:
Telecom Italia Mobile Articles, Photos and Videos – AOL
Telecom Italia Mobile Enjoys The Last Laugh in Wireless – …
Mobile banking External links:
Mobile Banking | Centra Credit Union
First Midwest Bank | Online & Mobile Banking
IMDEA Networks Institute External links:
Research | IMDEA Networks Institute
Millimeter wave External links:
OML – Premier Supplier of Innovative Millimeter Wave …
NTT DoCoMo External links:
HOME | NTT DOCOMO USA, Inc.
NTT DOCOMO Group Sustainability Report | NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO, INC. (DCM) – Yahoo Finance
Feature phone External links:
Sonim XP5 Feature Phone – Price, Features & Reviews – AT&T
What Is Best Feature Phone with Texting | Verizon Community
Latvian Mobile Telephone External links:
Latvian Mobile Telephone / Independence on Vimeo
18.104.22.168 | Latvian Mobile Telephone Co. | AbuseIPDB
22.214.171.124 | Latvian Mobile Telephone Co. | AbuseIPDB
Mobile news External links:
DMV Mobile News Room | DC
Digital AMPS External links:
Digital Amps – Best Buy
Thales Alenia Space External links:
Thales Alenia Space: ecco Cratos – YouTube
TECHNODAY Thales Alenia Space España – YouTube
Mobile search External links:
What is mobile search? – Definition from WhatIs.com
HUDHomestore Mobile Search on the App Store
Sri Lanka Telecom External links:
Sri Lanka Telecom PLC – Bandarawela – Home | Facebook
MySLT | Welcome to Sri Lanka Telecom
Sri Lanka Telecom PLC – Home | Facebook
Cellular frequencies External links:
Cellular frequencies – YouTube
Cellular Frequencies Used In United Kingdom – Jammer …
Norway Cellular Frequencies_Gainer International …
Media independent handover External links:
[PDF]IEEE 802.21 Media Independent Handover (MIH)
Radio access network External links:
Networking and Radio Access Network Equipment – …
Radio Access Network Database – Simplified – YouTube
Nordic Mobile Telephone External links:
Nordic Mobile Telephone System NMT450 – Engineering …
NMT abbreviation stands for Nordic Mobile Telephone
Nordic Mobile Telephone – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Augmented reality External links:
Augmented Reality Sandbox
Mira Prism Augmented Reality Headset
Mobile Web External links:
USPS Mobile Web
Sephora Mobile Apps & Mobile Web | Sephora
NTTA Mobile Web
Projector phone External links:
Deutsche Telekom External links:
Deutsche Telekom AG (ADR): OTCMKTS:DTEGY quotes …
DTEGY : Summary for DEUTSCHE TELEKOM – Yahoo …
Deutsche Telekom on the Forbes World’s Best Employers List
Smart antenna External links:
Smart antennas (also known as adaptive array antennas, multiple antennas and, recently, MIMO) are antenna arrays with smart signal processing algorithms used to identify spatial signal signature such as the direction of arrival (DOA) of the signal, and use it to calculate beamforming vectors, to track and locate the antenna beam on the mobile/target.
Mobile device External links:
Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows
Duke Health Mobile Device Manager
Home – iDropped | Mobile Device Repair Headquarters
2018 World Cup External links:
USMNT Live-Stream: 2018 World Cup in Russia Secured …
U.S. Out Of 2018 World Cup – msn.com
5G External links:
The 4th global 5g event?G5GE 2017
What the heck is a 5G network? – Video – CNET
3G, 4G, 4G LTE, 5G – What are these new Technologies …
Wireless personal area network External links:
What is wireless personal area network? Webopedia …
Wireless personal area network coordinator – …
Federal Communications Commission External links:
[PDF]Federal Communications Commission DA 17-471 …
Federal Communications Commission – AllGov
[PDF]Federal Communications Commission DA 16-1023 …
European Commission External links:
European Commission proposes more powers for EU’s …
European Commission Code of Conduct for Data Centre …
The European Commission explained – Functioning and …
Mobile operating system External links:
How to Figure out Your Mobile Operating System: 7 Steps
What Is a Mobile Operating System? – Lifewire
Common External Power Supply External links:
Port of Tallinn External links:
Port of Tallinn / Tallinna Sadam – Home | Facebook
Transfers to the Port of Tallinn – KiwiTaxi