What is involved in Presales
Find out what the related areas are that Presales connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Presales thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Presales journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Presales leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Presales related domains to cover and 130 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Presales, Account-based marketing, Behavioral targeting, Brand ambassador, Brand licensing, Brand management, Corporate anniversary, Corporate identity, Corporate propaganda, Digital marketing, Direct marketing, Display advertising, Drip marketing, Loyalty marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing activation, Marketing effectiveness, Marketing ethics, Marketing management, Marketing operations, Marketing research, Marketing strategy, Mobile advertising, Mobile marketing, Music on hold, Native advertising, New media, Online advertising, Out-of-home advertising, Personal selling, Point of sale, Product demonstration, Product marketing, Product placement, Promotional merchandise, Proof of concept, Sales promotion, Sex in advertising, Social marketing, Underwriting spot, Visual merchandising, Web banner, Willingness to pay, Word-of-mouth marketing:
Presales Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Presales planning and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Presales projects.
– Can we add value to the current Presales decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Which Presales goals are the most important?
– Why are Presales skills important?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Drive Account-based marketing goals and explore and align the progress in Account-based marketing.
– In a project to restructure Presales outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we manage Presales Knowledge Management (KM)?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Debate over Behavioral targeting issues and learn.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Presales project manager?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Presales that make it risky?
– Why should we adopt a Presales framework?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Brand ambassador planning and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Brand ambassador projects.
– For your Presales project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is Presales Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Who sets the Presales standards?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Brand licensing planning and document what potential Brand licensing megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Will Presales have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Think about the functions involved in your Presales project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the usability implications of Presales actions?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Match Brand management leadership and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Brand management services.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Presales. How do we gain traction?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Presales?
– What are all of our Presales domains and what do they do?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Corporate anniversary strategies and tour deciding if Corporate anniversary progress is made.
– To what extent does management recognize Presales as a tool to increase the results?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Presales activities?
– Is Supporting Presales documentation required?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Test Corporate identity adoptions and customize techniques for implementing Corporate identity controls.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Presales strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Consider your own Presales project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Corporate propaganda projects and develop and take control of the Corporate propaganda initiative.
– In what ways are Presales vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Presales?
– What is Effective Presales?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Start Digital marketing governance and define Digital marketing competency-based leadership.
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– When a Presales manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Presales project?
– Does Presales analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Check Direct marketing tactics and intervene in Direct marketing processes and leadership.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Presales workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is Presales Required?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Focus on Display advertising management and integrate design thinking in Display advertising innovation.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Presales? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Discuss Drip marketing risks and point out Drip marketing tensions in leadership.
– Which customers cant participate in our Presales domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Presales strengthening and reform actually originate?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Depict Loyalty marketing issues and proactively manage Loyalty marketing risks.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Presales process?
– Have you identified your Presales key performance indicators?
– Who will provide the final approval of Presales deliverables?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Coach on Market segmentation adoptions and correct Market segmentation management by competencies.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Presales experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Does Presales analysis show the relationships among important Presales factors?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Marketing activation strategies and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Marketing activation.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Presales? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How can the value of Presales be defined?
– How do we maintain Presaless Integrity?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Marketing effectiveness goals and pay attention to the small things.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Presales into the services that we provide?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Presales project?
– How do we go about Comparing Presales approaches/solutions?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Rank Marketing ethics failures and maintain Marketing ethics for success.
– Does Presales include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Presales delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do we know that any Presales analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Marketing management decisions and acquire concise Marketing management education.
– How would one define Presales leadership?
– Are there Presales problems defined?
– How can we improve Presales?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Marketing operations risks and define what do we need to start doing with Marketing operations.
– How important is Presales to the user organizations mission?
– What business benefits will Presales goals deliver if achieved?
– How do we go about Securing Presales?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Test Marketing research issues and assess what counts with Marketing research that we are not counting.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Presales values?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Presales?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Marketing strategy risks and separate what are the business goals Marketing strategy is aiming to achieve.
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Presales opportunities costing us money?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Presales study?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Mobile advertising visions and define Mobile advertising competency-based leadership.
– How can you negotiate Presales successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do we have past Presales Successes?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Mobile marketing issues and acquire concise Mobile marketing education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Presales process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Presales process available?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Presales activities?
– What threat is Presales addressing?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Music on hold issues and find out.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Presales products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Presales agendas for the next 3 years?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Presales requirements in detail?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Native advertising tactics and question.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Presales is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Presales services/products?
New media Critical Criteria:
Check New media failures and get the big picture.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Presales does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is a Presales Team Work effort in place?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Online advertising adoptions and report on developing an effective Online advertising strategy.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Presales information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Face Out-of-home advertising goals and find the ideas you already have.
– Do Presales rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Model after Personal selling quality and oversee Personal selling requirements.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Presales?
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Presales process?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Point of sale goals and test out new things.
– Does Presales create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Presales leaders?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Product demonstration engagements and get the big picture.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Presales goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How will you know that the Presales project has been successful?
– How do we Lead with Presales in Mind?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Grade Product marketing decisions and sort Product marketing activities.
– How to Secure Presales?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Test Product placement strategies and ask questions.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Presales ?
– Is maximizing Presales protection the same as minimizing Presales loss?
– Is Presales dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Discourse Promotional merchandise goals and get going.
– How likely is the current Presales plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Proof of concept issues and ask what if.
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
– How is the value delivered by Presales being measured?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Sales promotion adoptions and revise understanding of Sales promotion architectures.
– What is the purpose of Presales in relation to the mission?
– Does Presales appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Infer Sex in advertising outcomes and do something to it.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Presales project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How will you measure your Presales effectiveness?
– How can skill-level changes improve Presales?
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Map Social marketing management and remodel and develop an effective Social marketing strategy.
– What are the disruptive Presales technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Mine Underwriting spot visions and maintain Underwriting spot for success.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Presales project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Presales project lifecycle?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Visual merchandising risks and oversee Visual merchandising management by competencies.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Presales leader?
– Is the Presales organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Add value to Web banner decisions and learn.
– Does Presales systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Willingness to pay Critical Criteria:
Talk about Willingness to pay planning and intervene in Willingness to pay processes and leadership.
– What willingness to pay may be expected in the marketplace?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Word-of-mouth marketing goals and integrate design thinking in Word-of-mouth marketing innovation.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Presales Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Presales External links:
Memberships & Presales | Dragoncon
Baseball Card Presales | Steel City Collectibles
Account-based marketing External links:
Account-Based Marketing – An Overview & Resources
HubSpot | Account-Based Marketing
Industry-Leading Account-Based Marketing Software – …
Behavioral targeting External links:
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
[PDF]The Value of Behavioral Targeting
Brand ambassador External links:
What does a brand ambassador do? – Quora
CrewFire – Brand Ambassador Management Software
Brand Ambassador, Event Staffing & Promo Model Jobs | HYPE
Brand licensing External links:
The 10 Most Common Brand Licensing Mistakes
Brand Licensing Europe – Home | Facebook
What are the best examples of brand licensing? – Quora
Brand management External links:
RepEquity® | Digital Brand Management, Search …
Our Brand Management Solution – MarketNow – …
Corporate anniversary External links:
Ten 10 Year Corporate Anniversary Gifts for Employees
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts – Memorable …
Corporate identity External links:
Corporate Identity, Inc Promotional Products
Corporate identity. (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate Identity (Book, 1997) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate propaganda External links:
Media Mindlessly Parrots Corporate Propaganda After …
ERIC – Project Learning Tree (Corporate Propaganda …
Digital marketing External links:
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Los Angeles – Digital Marketing Conference | April 10-11, 2018
Digital Summit Minneapolis – Digital Marketing Conference
Direct marketing External links:
Infinity Direct – Integrated Direct Marketing
Boomerang Direct Marketing – Home
Direct Mail Company | Direct Marketing Company
Display advertising External links:
Google Display Ads & Display Advertising | Google AdWords
About SteelHouse | Digital Marketing & Display Advertising
Best Display Advertising Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
Drip marketing External links:
3 Principals For Successful Drip Marketing Campaigns
Drip Marketing | Kramer Direct
Drip Email Campaign | Drip Marketing Campaign
Loyalty marketing External links:
about us – Loyalty Marketing | Engagement Marketing
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
Market segmentation External links:
Target Marketing Definition – Market Segmentation
Market Segmentation – What is it and why is it Important
A Brief Description of the Different Types Market Segmentation
Marketing activation External links:
Experiential & Marketing Activation | The Gotcha Group
Marketing Activation – TC Transcontinental
Clash Of Clans – Experiential Marketing Activation by …
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Marketing Effectiveness Measurement | Marketing Analytics
Marketing ethics External links:
Chapter 4: Marketing Ethics Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Marketing Ethics – Cengage
Marketing management External links:
MC Marketing Management – Real-World Marketing for …
[PDF]Strategic Marketing Management: Building a …
Marketing operations External links:
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
What is Marketing Operations? | Centric
Aprimo Marketing Operations
Marketing research External links:
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
Participate in Paid Studies – AOC Marketing Research
Marketing strategy External links:
Nike’s Brilliant Marketing Strategy – 9 Steps To ‘Just Do It’
Marketing Strategy Definition | Investopedia
2018 Social Media Strategy | Marketing Strategy
Mobile advertising External links:
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | Viamedia
Propel Media | Video, Display and Mobile Advertising
Mobile Advertising Definition | Investopedia
Mobile marketing External links:
Mobile Marketing Automation, Engagement, CRM | Swrve
1Q | Instant Mobile Marketing / Market Research
Short Code Registry – your source for Mobile Marketing
Music on hold External links:
Music on Hold | Cox Communications
Music On Hold Messages | Professional Voicemail Greeting
Music On Hold | Phone On Hold Music Tracks
Native advertising External links:
John Oliver On Native Advertising – Business Insider
MGID: Native Advertising Marketplace
Ampush | Native Advertising Solution
New media External links:
New Media (2010) – IMDb
Online advertising External links:
Wippl – Caribbean Online Advertising
Personal selling External links:
personal selling chapter 3 Flashcards | Quizlet
Unit 12: Public Relations, Sales Promotion, & Personal Selling
Point of sale External links:
ParTech – POS Systems | Restaurant Point of Sale Solutions
Toast | Restaurant Point of Sale & Management System
Product demonstration External links:
Webinar / Product Demonstration | TADS
iSolved Product Demonstration
CDS | Product Demonstration
Product marketing External links:
Product Marketing Manager Salary – PayScale
Product placement External links:
Product Placement Deals Make Leap From Film to Books – …
For Product Placement Marketing, It’s All About the Moolah
The Paul Hogan Show – Product Placement Sketch – YouTube
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Brand Impression – Promotional Merchandise for Brand …
British Made Promotional Merchandise – BMPM.trade
Proof of concept External links:
What is a Proof of Concept (POC)? – Definition from …
Proof of Concept Agreement | Pentaho
Sales promotion External links:
Marketing – Sales promotion | business | Britannica.com
Marketing & Sales Promotion – The Balance
9 Sales Promotion Examples | ThriveHive
Sex in advertising External links:
[PDF]Sex in Advertising – Radford University
plong.asp.radford.edu/Sex in Advertising.pdf
Sex in Advertising | AdAge Encyclopedia of Advertising – …
Social marketing External links:
USF Social Marketing Conference – Official Site
ToneDen – Automated Social Marketing
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Underwriting spot – Revolvy
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Samples | …
Visual Merchandising: How to Display Products In Your Store
Store Fixtures | Retail Displays for Visual Merchandising
Web banner External links:
Picnic Web Banner | Website Banners – ShareFaith
iKomee – Banner Maker | Free Online Web Banner Design
Web Banner Templates – Canva
Willingness to pay External links:
Consumers’ willingness to pay depends on what income …
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
Measuring Offline Vs. Online Word-of-Mouth Marketing