What is involved in Workforce Analytics
Find out what the related areas are that Workforce Analytics connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Workforce Analytics thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Workforce Analytics journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Workforce Analytics leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Workforce Analytics related domains to cover and 148 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Workforce Analytics, Workforce management, Agner Krarup Erlang, Customer relationship management, Enterprise resource planning, Field service management, Healthcare, Human resource management, Human resource management system, Human resources, Meeting scheduling tool, Production planning, Project management, Project workforce management, Schedule, Service lifecycle management, Strategic service management, Supply chain management, Time and attendance, Time management, Time tracking software, Work-life balance, Workforce optimization:
Workforce Analytics Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Workforce Analytics tactics and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Workforce Analytics.
– According to research by MIT and IBM, top-performing companies are three times more likely than lower performers to be sophisticated users of analytics. These early adopters of workforce analytics simply outperform. Organizations at the highest levels of talent analytics practice, including the adoption of workforce analytics, have 8% higher sales growth, 24% higher net operating income growth, and 58% higher sales per employee. How can you achieve similar business results?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Workforce Analytics experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Workforce Analytics products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How will you know that the Workforce Analytics project has been successful?
Workforce management Critical Criteria:
Adapt Workforce management results and grade techniques for implementing Workforce management controls.
– How important is Workforce Analytics to the user organizations mission?
– Is Supporting Workforce Analytics documentation required?
Agner Krarup Erlang Critical Criteria:
Grade Agner Krarup Erlang issues and perfect Agner Krarup Erlang conflict management.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Workforce Analytics project manager?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Workforce Analytics that make it risky?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Workforce Analytics?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Customer relationship management quality and differentiate in coordinating Customer relationship management.
– You may want to forge more relationships with affluent customers, but do they want them with you?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– What are the key reasons for integrating your email marketing system with your CRM?
– Will the Tier 3 Exchange support team need access to the respondents CRM tool?
– How are we handling the risk of garbage in and garbage out with e-CRM?
– Are short calls factored out of the denominator in your service level?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– How often do you fully test your disaster recovery capabilities?
– What are the standard hours for phone, email and chat support?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– Is it easy for your visitors or customers to contact you?
– Does on hold time include transfer time to tier 2 CSRs?
– What storage quotas should be applied to each mailbox?
– What is the Impact of Social CRM on Customer Support?
– Is the user still a member of the organization?
– What are some of the future directions of CRM?
– What is on-demand CRM?
– Who are my customers?
– Is CRM justified?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Reason over Enterprise resource planning tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Enterprise resource planning services.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Workforce Analytics information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Workforce Analytics processes of our organization?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Workforce Analytics project?
Field service management Critical Criteria:
Nurse Field service management visions and overcome Field service management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– The landscape of field service is continuously transforming. to become truly customer focused, field service organizations must take field excellence beyond scheduling technical appointments and closing customer complaints. so how can proactive fsm support this goal?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Workforce Analytics project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Workforce Analytics project lifecycle?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Workforce Analytics into the services that we provide?
– Do you take into account the multiple points along the way, that could have been leveraged to increase customer delight?
– What competencies should service organizations develop to shift from reactive fsm to proactive fsm?
– Do your employees have the tools they need to respond to customer needs effectively and consistently?
– Your employees speak different languages. can your business solution handle it?
– What challenges are your customers facing in their field Service Operations?
– Is there any existing Workforce Analytics governance structure?
– Do we know of good field Service Management dispatch software?
– What types of solutions are your customers evaluating?
– What are the best apps for field service management?
– When and where does the work need to be done?
– What does the field technician need to do?
– When does the work need to be completed?
– How is this accomplished in practice?
– Can your business solution handle it?
– What if your customer is a machine?
– Why not explore your other option?
– Who needs to provide the work?
Healthcare Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Healthcare governance and gather Healthcare models .
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Workforce Analytics process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Workforce Analytics process available?
– What are some new technologies and methodologies that are disrupting the healthcare industry?
– What is the purpose of Workforce Analytics in relation to the mission?
– Will this Translate to Lower Healthcare Costs for Patients?
Human resource management Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Human resource management risks and explain and analyze the challenges of Human resource management.
– Is maximizing Workforce Analytics protection the same as minimizing Workforce Analytics loss?
– Is Workforce Analytics Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Human resource management system Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Human resource management system risks and sort Human resource management system activities.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Workforce Analytics workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How can you measure Workforce Analytics in a systematic way?
Human resources Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Human resources tasks and adjust implementation of Human resources.
– Does the information security function actively engage with other critical functions, such as it, Human Resources, legal, and the privacy officer, to develop and enforce compliance with information security and privacy policies and practices?
– If there is recognition by both parties of the potential benefits of an alliance, but adequate qualified human resources are not available at one or both firms?
– Are Human Resources subject to screening, and do they have terms and conditions of employment defining their information security responsibilities?
– Should pay levels and differences reflect the earnings of colleagues in the country of the facility, or earnings at the company headquarters?
– What are strategies that we can undertake to reduce job fatigue and reduced productivity?
– Do the Workforce Analytics decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Where can an employee go for further information about the dispute resolution program?
– How is Staffs willingness to help or refer questions to the proper level?
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– What is the important thing that human resources management should do?
– How do you pick an appropriate ETL tool or business analytics tool?
– How can we promote retention of high performing employees?
– Ease of contacting the Human Resources staff members?
– How does the global environment influence management?
– Does the company retain personal data indefinitely?
– Why study Human Resources management (hrm)?
– Analytic Applications: Build or Buy?
– How do we engage the stakeholders?
– Is the hr plan effective ?
– What is harassment?
Meeting scheduling tool Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Meeting scheduling tool engagements and ask what if.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Workforce Analytics leader?
– To what extent does management recognize Workforce Analytics as a tool to increase the results?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Workforce Analytics move?
Production planning Critical Criteria:
Talk about Production planning planning and find answers.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Workforce Analytics processes?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Workforce Analytics delivery for example is new software needed?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Trace Project management adoptions and learn.
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– Are there implications for the observed success of agile to date that reflects on our larger understanding of organizations and their fundamental nature?
– Are there metrics and standards that can be used for control of agile project progress during execution?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– Justification: what are your research questions and how do you motivate them?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– Does implementation of project management require a culture change?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– What type of certificate will be awarded and by whom?
– that is fine as far as it goes, but does this scale?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– How familiar are we with Agile project management?
– How much project management is needed?
– What is agile project management?
Project workforce management Critical Criteria:
Own Project workforce management visions and stake your claim.
– Will Workforce Analytics have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Workforce Analytics processes?
– How do we go about Securing Workforce Analytics?
Schedule Critical Criteria:
Judge Schedule visions and find the essential reading for Schedule researchers.
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Allow import and data management processes to be immediately executed or scheduled to run on regular intervals?
– Budget and Schedule: What are the estimated costs and schedules for performing risk-related activities?
– Have extra media been scheduled during particularly strong sales periods during the year?
– How likely is the current Workforce Analytics plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What is the project time schedule for developing and launching the product?
– What business benefits will Workforce Analytics goals deliver if achieved?
– Is there an impact to schedule performance and to what level?
– Has the time for updating the information been scheduled?
– When will regularly scheduled maintenance be performed?
– What is the schedule and budget for data collection?
– Schedule & Phases – How long will this take?
– Schedule -can it be done in the given time?
– Cost / schedule impact analysis required?
– Is there a release schedule for updates?
– Cost schedule impact analysis required?
– Is the schedule too aggressive?
Service lifecycle management Critical Criteria:
Understand Service lifecycle management strategies and remodel and develop an effective Service lifecycle management strategy.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Workforce Analytics?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Workforce Analytics requirements in detail?
– What are the business goals Workforce Analytics is aiming to achieve?
Strategic service management Critical Criteria:
Face Strategic service management risks and gather Strategic service management models .
– Who will provide the final approval of Workforce Analytics deliverables?
– Why is Workforce Analytics important for you now?
Supply chain management Critical Criteria:
Scan Supply chain management leadership and acquire concise Supply chain management education.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Workforce Analytics does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Workforce Analytics?
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What is TESCM tax efficient supply chain management?
Time and attendance Critical Criteria:
Generalize Time and attendance planning and learn.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Workforce Analytics strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Workforce Analytics objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Workforce Analytics activities?
Time management Critical Criteria:
Steer Time management engagements and report on setting up Time management without losing ground.
– Tell me about your preferred coaching style. I especially want help with (organizational change, leadership, life balance, vision, relationships, time management). how would you help me with that?
– Consider your own Workforce Analytics project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Are basic time management techniques being used to ensure that the implementation process is efficient?
– Does Workforce Analytics systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are all of our Workforce Analytics domains and what do they do?
Time tracking software Critical Criteria:
Depict Time tracking software adoptions and balance specific methods for improving Time tracking software results.
Work-life balance Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Work-life balance visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Work-life balance decisions.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Workforce Analytics moving forward?
Workforce optimization Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Workforce optimization risks and assess and formulate effective operational and Workforce optimization strategies.
– Are there Workforce Analytics problems defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Workforce Analytics Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Workforce Analytics External links:
SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics and Planning …
Workforce Analytics — Blogs, Pictures, and more on …
About The Workforce Analytics Institute | The Conference …
Workforce management External links:
Infor HCM Workforce Management – Login
WM Clock: Workforce Management Clock
Workforce Management and HR Software Solutions | HRIS
Agner Krarup Erlang External links:
Agner Krarup Erlang | SpringerLink
Agner Krarup Erlang – Local Business | Facebook
Customer relationship management External links:
Agile CRM – Customer Relationship Management
Customer Relationship Management | CRM Software – Vtiger
Customer Relationship Management Login – NOVAtime
Enterprise resource planning External links:
MDConnect | Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Enterprise resource planning software and ERP system …
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software | Sage US
Field service management External links:
Field Service Management
Take a Tour – Intuit Field Service Management for …
Healthcare External links:
Partners HealthCare Patient Gateway
Human resource management External links:
Human resource management system External links:
Human Resource Management System – Washington
Human resources External links:
myDHR | Maryland Department of Human Resources
Production planning External links:
Scheduling, Analytics, & Production Planning Software
Production planning via GANTT interface
Project management External links:
Huddle | Team Collaboration & Project Management …
Pepper Construction Project Management Solution
Capital Planning & Project Management
Schedule External links:
General Schedule (GS) Pay Scales – Federal Jobs
Schedule | Syfy TV Official Site
Service lifecycle management External links:
DEX – Service Lifecycle Management
Service Lifecycle Management Software | PTC
Strategic service management External links:
Skill Pages – Strategic service management | Dice.com
What is strategic service management? Webopedia …
Supply chain management External links:
Supply Chain Management Jobs – APICS Career Center
Biagi Bros – SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Time and attendance External links:
Qqest Time and Attendance Systems
[PDF]TIME AND ATTENDANCE REVIEWS – MDHHS
Quicktime Time and Attendance System | U.S. …
Time management External links:
Time management Games | GameHouse
TML Time Management Workshop
Time tracking software External links:
Timesheet Software Online | Employee Time Tracking Software
Time Tracking Software, Billing Software Online | AccountSight
Simple Online Time Tracking Software – Harvest
Work-life balance External links:
U.S. has a lousy work-life balance | PBS NewsHour
Workforce optimization External links:
Workforce Optimization – TeleTech