What is involved in Additive Manufacturing
Find out what the related areas are that Additive Manufacturing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Additive Manufacturing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Additive Manufacturing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Additive Manufacturing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Additive Manufacturing related domains to cover and 149 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Additive Manufacturing, Quantum bus, Inkjet printer, Space elevator, RepRap project, Continuous improvement process, Optical disc, Lithium iron phosphate battery, General-purpose computing on graphics processing units, Council on Foreign Relations, Electrical discharge machining, Caseless ammunition, Bionic contact lens, Olivier de Witte, Magnetically assisted slip casting, Hydrogen vehicle, Machine vision, Photovoltaic pavement, Personal protective equipment, Project Orion, 3D printing marketplace, Molecular nanotechnology, Pneumatic tube, Antimatter weapon, Flexible display, 3D printing, Mental model, Smart grid, Genetic engineering, Computer-generated holography, Ion thruster, Animal testing, Jet pack, Local Motors, ET3 Global Alliance, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, Collingridge dilemma, Propellant depot, Plasma weapon, Spacecraft propulsion, Fusion power, Joint Regional Intelligence Center, Modern Machine Shop, Electron beam freeform fabrication, Solid Ink printing, Personalized medicine, Home fuel cell, Maker culture, Computer numeric control, Oncolytic virus, 3D printer extruder, Molten salt battery, Ferroelectric RAM, Institut de l’information scientifique et technique, Ambient intelligence, Self-replicating machine, Programmable matter, Exploratory engineering, Digital modeling and fabrication:
Additive Manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Study Additive Manufacturing adoptions and devote time assessing Additive Manufacturing and its risk.
– Are assumptions made in Additive Manufacturing stated explicitly?
– Are there recognized Additive Manufacturing problems?
Quantum bus Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Quantum bus strategies and point out improvements in Quantum bus.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Additive Manufacturing into the services that we provide?
– Have you identified your Additive Manufacturing key performance indicators?
– What are the short and long-term Additive Manufacturing goals?
Inkjet printer Critical Criteria:
Trace Inkjet printer quality and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Inkjet printer.
– Does Additive Manufacturing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– In what ways are Additive Manufacturing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are the business goals Additive Manufacturing is aiming to achieve?
Space elevator Critical Criteria:
Devise Space elevator outcomes and report on developing an effective Space elevator strategy.
– Is maximizing Additive Manufacturing protection the same as minimizing Additive Manufacturing loss?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Additive Manufacturing with what users do day-to-day?
– How can skill-level changes improve Additive Manufacturing?
RepRap project Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase RepRap project outcomes and attract RepRap project skills.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Additive Manufacturing in a volatile global economy?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Additive Manufacturing processes?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Additive Manufacturing activities?
Continuous improvement process Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Continuous improvement process quality and report on setting up Continuous improvement process without losing ground.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Additive Manufacturing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is there a Additive Manufacturing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Additive Manufacturing effort?
Optical disc Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Optical disc tasks and secure Optical disc creativity.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Additive Manufacturing processes?
– Which customers cant participate in our Additive Manufacturing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do we manage Additive Manufacturing Knowledge Management (KM)?
Lithium iron phosphate battery Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Lithium iron phosphate battery tasks and summarize a clear Lithium iron phosphate battery focus.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Additive Manufacturing study?
– How will you know that the Additive Manufacturing project has been successful?
General-purpose computing on graphics processing units Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot General-purpose computing on graphics processing units planning and clarify ways to gain access to competitive General-purpose computing on graphics processing units services.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Additive Manufacturing process?
– How would one define Additive Manufacturing leadership?
Council on Foreign Relations Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Council on Foreign Relations risks and figure out ways to motivate other Council on Foreign Relations users.
– Who will provide the final approval of Additive Manufacturing deliverables?
– What are current Additive Manufacturing Paradigms?
Electrical discharge machining Critical Criteria:
Pilot Electrical discharge machining governance and optimize Electrical discharge machining leadership as a key to advancement.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Additive Manufacturing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who sets the Additive Manufacturing standards?
Caseless ammunition Critical Criteria:
Learn from Caseless ammunition decisions and assess what counts with Caseless ammunition that we are not counting.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Additive Manufacturing, including any consulting or professional services?
Bionic contact lens Critical Criteria:
Model after Bionic contact lens decisions and report on the economics of relationships managing Bionic contact lens and constraints.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Additive Manufacturing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are specific Additive Manufacturing Rules to follow?
Olivier de Witte Critical Criteria:
Drive Olivier de Witte governance and finalize the present value of growth of Olivier de Witte.
– What are our needs in relation to Additive Manufacturing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How likely is the current Additive Manufacturing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Magnetically assisted slip casting Critical Criteria:
Understand Magnetically assisted slip casting governance and devise Magnetically assisted slip casting key steps.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Additive Manufacturing ?
– How to Secure Additive Manufacturing?
Hydrogen vehicle Critical Criteria:
Devise Hydrogen vehicle risks and finalize specific methods for Hydrogen vehicle acceptance.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Additive Manufacturing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Additive Manufacturing project lifecycle?
– What are the usability implications of Additive Manufacturing actions?
– How to deal with Additive Manufacturing Changes?
Machine vision Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Machine vision quality and test out new things.
– Is the scope of Additive Manufacturing defined?
Photovoltaic pavement Critical Criteria:
Jump start Photovoltaic pavement decisions and oversee Photovoltaic pavement requirements.
– Does Additive Manufacturing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What are internal and external Additive Manufacturing relations?
Personal protective equipment Critical Criteria:
Reason over Personal protective equipment leadership and drive action.
– What is the purpose of Additive Manufacturing in relation to the mission?
– What about Additive Manufacturing Analysis of results?
Project Orion Critical Criteria:
Gauge Project Orion visions and explore and align the progress in Project Orion.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Additive Manufacturing services/products?
– Are there Additive Manufacturing Models?
3D printing marketplace Critical Criteria:
Inquire about 3D printing marketplace management and get out your magnifying glass.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Additive Manufacturing?
– How can the value of Additive Manufacturing be defined?
Molecular nanotechnology Critical Criteria:
Reason over Molecular nanotechnology tactics and achieve a single Molecular nanotechnology view and bringing data together.
– what is the best design framework for Additive Manufacturing organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Is Additive Manufacturing dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Pneumatic tube Critical Criteria:
Test Pneumatic tube outcomes and achieve a single Pneumatic tube view and bringing data together.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Additive Manufacturing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do we monitor the Additive Manufacturing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Antimatter weapon Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Antimatter weapon results and ask what if.
– What are the key elements of your Additive Manufacturing performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Additive Manufacturing project?
– Is Additive Manufacturing Required?
Flexible display Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Flexible display adoptions and oversee Flexible display requirements.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Additive Manufacturing process?
– What is Effective Additive Manufacturing?
3D printing Critical Criteria:
Merge 3D printing tasks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging 3D printing.
– What are the disruptive Additive Manufacturing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Mental model Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Mental model tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Mental model because they lack skills.
– Why is it so hard to develop a mental model of facebooks information architecture?
– Do we all define Additive Manufacturing in the same way?
Smart grid Critical Criteria:
Discourse Smart grid strategies and display thorough understanding of the Smart grid process.
– Does your organization perform vulnerability assessment activities as part of the acquisition cycle for products in each of the following areas: Cybersecurity, SCADA, smart grid, internet connectivity, and website hosting?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Additive Manufacturing?
– How do we Improve Additive Manufacturing service perception, and satisfaction?
Genetic engineering Critical Criteria:
Administer Genetic engineering outcomes and change contexts.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Additive Manufacturing opportunities costing us money?
Computer-generated holography Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Computer-generated holography planning and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Computer-generated holography projects.
– What is the source of the strategies for Additive Manufacturing strengthening and reform?
– How do we maintain Additive Manufacturings Integrity?
– How do we Lead with Additive Manufacturing in Mind?
Ion thruster Critical Criteria:
Understand Ion thruster results and probe Ion thruster strategic alliances.
– How important is Additive Manufacturing to the user organizations mission?
Animal testing Critical Criteria:
Infer Animal testing engagements and find the essential reading for Animal testing researchers.
Jet pack Critical Criteria:
Dissect Jet pack decisions and question.
– What are our Additive Manufacturing Processes?
Local Motors Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Local Motors projects and look for lots of ideas.
– In a project to restructure Additive Manufacturing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
ET3 Global Alliance Critical Criteria:
Unify ET3 Global Alliance strategies and catalog ET3 Global Alliance activities.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Additive Manufacturing processes?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Additive Manufacturing requirements in detail?
– What are all of our Additive Manufacturing domains and what do they do?
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math failures and be persistent.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Additive Manufacturing? There might be some that are less obvious?
Collingridge dilemma Critical Criteria:
Generalize Collingridge dilemma outcomes and raise human resource and employment practices for Collingridge dilemma.
– Why is Additive Manufacturing important for you now?
Propellant depot Critical Criteria:
Audit Propellant depot risks and probe Propellant depot strategic alliances.
– What business benefits will Additive Manufacturing goals deliver if achieved?
– How can you measure Additive Manufacturing in a systematic way?
Plasma weapon Critical Criteria:
Shape Plasma weapon tactics and stake your claim.
Spacecraft propulsion Critical Criteria:
Boost Spacecraft propulsion leadership and look at the big picture.
– Does Additive Manufacturing analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Fusion power Critical Criteria:
Audit Fusion power engagements and tour deciding if Fusion power progress is made.
– What are the barriers to increased Additive Manufacturing production?
– Will Additive Manufacturing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Joint Regional Intelligence Center Critical Criteria:
Use past Joint Regional Intelligence Center planning and look for lots of ideas.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Additive Manufacturing leader?
– Do the Additive Manufacturing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Have all basic functions of Additive Manufacturing been defined?
Modern Machine Shop Critical Criteria:
Group Modern Machine Shop outcomes and probe the present value of growth of Modern Machine Shop.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Additive Manufacturing Management?
Electron beam freeform fabrication Critical Criteria:
Own Electron beam freeform fabrication visions and look in other fields.
– How do we measure improved Additive Manufacturing service perception, and satisfaction?
Solid Ink printing Critical Criteria:
Infer Solid Ink printing engagements and plan concise Solid Ink printing education.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Additive Manufacturing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Personalized medicine Critical Criteria:
Own Personalized medicine risks and drive action.
– What threat is Additive Manufacturing addressing?
Home fuel cell Critical Criteria:
Guard Home fuel cell management and describe the risks of Home fuel cell sustainability.
– Who needs to know about Additive Manufacturing ?
Maker culture Critical Criteria:
Understand Maker culture failures and look at the big picture.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Additive Manufacturing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Additive Manufacturing process available?
– How do we know that any Additive Manufacturing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Computer numeric control Critical Criteria:
Infer Computer numeric control engagements and achieve a single Computer numeric control view and bringing data together.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Additive Manufacturing delivery for example is new software needed?
Oncolytic virus Critical Criteria:
Analyze Oncolytic virus issues and explore and align the progress in Oncolytic virus.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Additive Manufacturing values?
– How can we improve Additive Manufacturing?
3D printer extruder Critical Criteria:
Analyze 3D printer extruder planning and overcome 3D printer extruder skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do we Identify specific Additive Manufacturing investment and emerging trends?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Additive Manufacturing move?
Molten salt battery Critical Criteria:
Guide Molten salt battery decisions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do those selected for the Additive Manufacturing team have a good general understanding of what Additive Manufacturing is all about?
– How do we go about Comparing Additive Manufacturing approaches/solutions?
Ferroelectric RAM Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Ferroelectric RAM results and correct Ferroelectric RAM management by competencies.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Additive Manufacturing agendas for the next 3 years?
– How much does Additive Manufacturing help?
Institut de l’information scientifique et technique Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Institut de l’information scientifique et technique quality and test out new things.
– Think about the functions involved in your Additive Manufacturing project. what processes flow from these functions?
Ambient intelligence Critical Criteria:
Study Ambient intelligence decisions and gather practices for scaling Ambient intelligence.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Additive Manufacturing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Self-replicating machine Critical Criteria:
Debate over Self-replicating machine planning and check on ways to get started with Self-replicating machine.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Additive Manufacturing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Programmable matter Critical Criteria:
Track Programmable matter engagements and look in other fields.
– Can we add value to the current Additive Manufacturing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Exploratory engineering Critical Criteria:
Guard Exploratory engineering decisions and drive action.
– How do we keep improving Additive Manufacturing?
Digital modeling and fabrication Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Digital modeling and fabrication visions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Digital modeling and fabrication projects.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Additive Manufacturing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Quantum bus External links:
Quantum bus of metal nanoring with surface plasmon polaritons
An acoustic quantum bus – Mapping Ignorance
Inkjet printer External links:
Space elevator External links:
“Lab Rats” Space Elevator (TV Episode 2015) – IMDb
The space elevator (Book, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
The space elevator (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
RepRap project External links:
The RepRap Project · GitHub
Optical disc External links:
An optical disc is designed to support one of three recording types: read-only (e.g.: CD and CD-ROM), recordable (write-once, e.g. CD-R), or re-recordable (rewritable, e.g. CD-RW). Write-once optical discs commonly have an organic dye recording layer between the substrate and the reflective layer.
What is an Optical Disc Drive? – Lifewire
Lithium iron phosphate battery External links:
Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Technology | A123 …
CALB 180 Ah CA Series Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery, …
Council on Foreign Relations External links:
Blogs | Council on Foreign Relations
Council on Foreign Relations – Home | Facebook
Council on Foreign Relations
Electrical discharge machining External links:
Microform Corp. electrical discharge machining (EDM)
Precision Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) …
Caseless ammunition External links:
Caseless ammunition – Rockwell International Corporation
CASELESS AMMUNITION CARTRIDGE – ARMY USA
Bionic contact lens External links:
[PDF]Bionic Contact Lens – URI
Innovating the Bionic Contact Lens by fred k on Prezi
Bionic Contact Lens Displays Have Gone Up to Eight …
Olivier de Witte External links:
Odew (Olivier de WITTE) / Repositories · GitHub
Olivier de Witte | Facebook
Odew (Olivier de WITTE) · GitHub
Magnetically assisted slip casting External links:
magnetically assisted slip casting | The American …
Hydrogen vehicle External links:
A hydrogen vehicle is a vehicle that uses hydrogen as its onboard fuel for motive power. Hydrogen vehicles include hydrogen fueled space rockets, as well as automobiles and other transportation vehicles.
Machine vision External links:
industrial cameras | machine vision cameras,frame …
Cognex – Machine Vision & Industrial ID Systems
CCTV Camera Lens, Machine Vision Lenses Manufacturer …
Personal protective equipment External links:
Abco Safety – Personal Protective Equipment
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Project Orion External links:
Project Orion – Home | Facebook
Project Orion – Map Exploration OPEN – Roblox
Project Orion: A RVB Parody Fan Series – Home | Facebook
3D printing marketplace External links:
3D Printing Marketplace | Pinshape
3D Printing Marketplace – CES 2018
VURO – India’s First 3D Printing Marketplace
Molecular nanotechnology External links:
Molecular Nanotechnology. (eBook, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
Nanoscience and Molecular Nanotechnology – …
Pneumatic tube External links:
Pneumatic Tube Products 269178001 – PartsFinder
Telecom pneumatic tube systems – Home
Antimatter weapon External links:
Antimatter Weapons – MIT Technology Review
Antimatter Weapons – Want to know
Flexible display External links:
Samsung Amazing Flexible Display [CES 2013] – YouTube
Wove Band Flexible Display Wearable First Look! – YouTube
[PDF]ASU Flexible Display Center Security Access Form
3D printing External links:
See shopping results for 3d printing
Stratasys Direct Manufacturing: Online 3D Printing …
re:3D | Life-Sized Affordable 3D Printing
Mental model External links:
Mental Model: Hanlon’s Razor – Farnam Street
LAPR – Mental Model Busting
Smart grid External links:
[PDF]Smart Grid Asset Descriptions
Honeywell Smart Grid
SMART GRID SUMMITS
Genetic engineering External links:
Genetic Engineering | Organic Consumers Association
Human Genetic Engineering Begins | Evolution News
Sustainable Table | Genetic Engineering
Ion thruster External links:
Ion thruster propulsion system – ScienceDaily
Ion Thruster Sets World Record | NASA
New NASA Ion Thruster To Propel Spacecraft To 90,000 …
Animal testing External links:
Free Animal Testing Essays and Papers – 123HelpMe
title for animal testing research paper? | Yahoo Answers
Jet pack External links:
Jet Pack by ZR® – Flyboard®
The x2 Sport Underwater Jet Pack | Indiegogo
Local Motors External links:
Local Motors – Used Cars – Bend OR Dealer
Company · Local Motors
3D-printed Car by Local Motors – The Strati – YouTube
ET3 Global Alliance External links:
The most insightful stories about Et3 Global Alliance – Medium
Et3 Global Alliance Company Profile | Owler
ET3 Global Alliance – YouTube
Propellant depot External links:
9902033 – Orbital Propellant Depot
Plasma weapon External links:
Halo3 Plasma Weapon Rifle | Weapons | Pinterest | …
TOP SECRET – PLASMA WEAPON – YouTube
Spacecraft propulsion External links:
Antimatter Spacecraft Propulsion The Future Is Now – …
Spacecraft propulsion – ScienceDaily
Fusion power External links:
Home – Fusion Power BoatsFusion Power Boats
Joint Regional Intelligence Center External links:
[PDF]Joint Regional Intelligence Center FORCE …
[PDF]JOINT REGIONAL INTELLIGENCE CENTER / JRIC – …
Joint Regional Intelligence Center (JRIC) [website]
Modern Machine Shop External links:
Modern machine shop. (Journal, magazine, 1928) …
Modern Machine Shop – AbeBooks
Modern Machine Shop
Electron beam freeform fabrication External links:
NASA – Electron Beam Freeform Fabrication
EBF3 – Electron Beam Freeform Fabrication – Homepage
Solid Ink printing External links:
Solid ink printing | Etsy
Solid Ink Printing Sustainability Advantages: Xerox – …
Personalized medicine External links:
Integrative Medicine Cincinnati | Huber Personalized Medicine
Genetic Testing for Personalized Medicine – Genomind
The Nevada Institute of Personalized Medicine – NIPM
Home fuel cell External links:
Panasonic reduces size and price of “Ene-Farm” home fuel cell
Maker culture External links:
MHC leaps into 21st-century maker culture | Mount …
Maker Culture and “Minecraft”: Implications for the …
Welcome to the Maker Culture in Turkey | Make:
Computer numeric control External links:
Computer Numeric Control Operator/Programmer I …
Oncolytic virus External links:
Paclitaxel and MG1 Oncolytic Virus for Breast Cancer
3D printer extruder External links:
Hot Glue Gun HMA 3D Printer Extruder – YouTube
Customized FDM Filament | 3D Printer Extruder, Plastic
3D Printer Extruder | eBay
Molten salt battery External links:
Global Molten Salt Battery Market Research Report 2017
DIY Molten salt battery – YouTube
Ambient intelligence External links:
trakkies. Your ambient intelligence platform
Self-replicating machine External links:
Self-replicating machine – YouTube
Programmable matter External links:
Shifty Science: Programmable Matter Takes Shape with …
DARPA – Programmable Matter – YouTube
Exploratory engineering External links:
Exploratory Engineering: Exploratory Engineering
Howdeshell, C / CTE Exploratory Engineering class
Digital modeling and fabrication External links:
Course – Digital Modeling and Fabrication – AAR4863 – NTNU
[PDF]DIGITAL MODELING AND FABRICATION – …