What is involved in Data processing
Find out what the related areas are that Data processing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data processing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Data processing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Data processing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data processing related domains to cover and 151 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data processing, 1850 United States Census, 1890 United States Census, 1950 United States Census, Aggregate data, Balance sheet, Big data, Business reporting, Cash flow statement, Data Processing Management Association, Data analysis, Data classification, Data collection, Data processing system, Data validation, Electronic computers, Electronic data processing, Human computer, Information processing, Information technology, Integrated Authority File, Mechanical calculator, National Diet Library, Punched card, Statistical analysis, Summary statistic, UNIVAC I, Unit record equipment, United States Census Bureau, Word processing:
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Grasp Data processing governance and create a map for yourself.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– In a project to restructure Data processing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– How can you measure Data processing in a systematic way?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
– What about Data processing Analysis of results?
1850 United States Census Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about 1850 United States Census strategies and assess what counts with 1850 United States Census that we are not counting.
– How do we know that any Data processing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is the scope of Data processing defined?
1890 United States Census Critical Criteria:
Value 1890 United States Census planning and reduce 1890 United States Census costs.
– How likely is the current Data processing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Data processing study?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Data processing move?
1950 United States Census Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over 1950 United States Census failures and find answers.
– Is a Data processing Team Work effort in place?
Aggregate data Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Aggregate data failures and get going.
– Do those selected for the Data processing team have a good general understanding of what Data processing is all about?
– Is there a Data processing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What aggregate data would you want to capture?
– Do we have past Data processing Successes?
Balance sheet Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Balance sheet goals and point out Balance sheet tensions in leadership.
– Are earnings and cash flows sufficient to cover interest payments and some principal repayments?
– What is the difference between current liabilities and long-term liabilities?
– How well the overall operations of the firm are managed (is it profitable?
– How well are the companys assets being employed to generate sales revenue?
– What is the total depreciation that has been taken on assets?
– Do substantial overbillings reflect a strong cash balance?
– Are there large costs & earnings in excess of billings?
– Can contractor accurately reevaluate problems on a job?
– How would you describe a poor, or negative, cash flow?
– How well has management employed the companys assets?
– Are warranty liabilities aggressive or conservative?
– In what order are assets listed on a balance sheet?
– Were some investments sold that brought in cash?
– What are the accounting principles employed?
– What is the firms sustainable growth rate?
– What do profitability ratios measure?
– Is the companys debt load excessive?
– What do activity ratios measure?
– What was revenue for the year?
– Are liabilities missing?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Big data decisions and finalize specific methods for Big data acceptance.
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– Do you see regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements as obstacles for data-driven innovation?
– Should we use data without the permission of individual owners, such as copying publicly available data?
– What are the primary business drivers for our initiative. What business challenges do we face?
– Wheres the evidence that using big data intelligently will improve business performance?
– How are the new Big Data developments captured in new Reference Architectures?
– What can management do to improve value creation from data-driven innovation?
– What if the needle in the haystack happens to be a complex data structure?
– Is data-driven decision-making part of the organizations culture?
– Can analyses improve with more detailed analytics that we use?
– How much data is really relevant to the problem solution?
– How fast can we determine changes in the incoming data?
– How do you handle Big Data in Analytic Applications?
– What is tacit permission and approval, anyway?
– How do we measure value of an analytic?
– What can it be used for?
– How to use in practice?
Business reporting Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Business reporting strategies and ask what if.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Data processing?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Data processing project manager?
– Are accountability and ownership for Data processing clearly defined?
Cash flow statement Critical Criteria:
Trace Cash flow statement results and sort Cash flow statement activities.
– What business benefits will Data processing goals deliver if achieved?
– Are assumptions made in Data processing stated explicitly?
– Who will provide the final approval of Data processing deliverables?
Data Processing Management Association Critical Criteria:
Grasp Data Processing Management Association leadership and spearhead techniques for implementing Data Processing Management Association.
– Do the Data processing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Data processing processes?
– How do we keep improving Data processing?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Canvass Data analysis failures and budget for Data analysis challenges.
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– How important is Data processing to the user organizations mission?
– How is the value delivered by Data processing being measured?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
– How do we Lead with Data processing in Mind?
Data classification Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Data classification quality and be persistent.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– Is Data processing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Data collection Critical Criteria:
Gauge Data collection management and describe the risks of Data collection sustainability.
– Were changes made during the file extract period to how the data are processed, such as changes to mode of data collection, changes to instructions for completing the application form, changes to the edit, changes to classification codes, or changes to the query system used to retrieve the data?
– What should I consider in selecting the most resource-effective data collection design that will satisfy all of my performance or acceptance criteria?
– Is it understood that the risk management effectiveness critically depends on data collection, analysis and dissemination of relevant data?
– Are we collecting data once and using it many times, or duplicating data collection efforts and submerging data in silos?
– Do data reflect stable and consistent data collection processes and analysis methods over time?
– Are there standard data collection and reporting forms that are systematically used?
– What is the definitive data collection and what is the legacy of said collection?
– Do you have policies and procedures which direct your data collection process?
– Do we use controls throughout the data collection and management process?
– Do you define jargon and other terminology used in data collection tools?
– How can the benefits of Big Data collection and applications be measured?
– Do you use the same data collection methods for all sites?
– Do you clearly document your data collection methods?
– What is the schedule and budget for data collection?
– Is our data collection and acquisition optimized?
Data processing system Critical Criteria:
Review Data processing system tasks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Data processing system projects.
– When a Data processing manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What is Effective Data processing?
Data validation Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Data validation risks and devote time assessing Data validation and its risk.
– Consider your own Data processing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– what is the best design framework for Data processing organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Data processing. How do we gain traction?
Electronic computers Critical Criteria:
Meet over Electronic computers results and handle a jump-start course to Electronic computers.
– To what extent does management recognize Data processing as a tool to increase the results?
Electronic data processing Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Electronic data processing failures and stake your claim.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Data processing moving forward?
Human computer Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Human computer adoptions and get going.
– What is the difference between Interaction Design and Human Computer Interaction?
– What are the barriers to increased Data processing production?
– Does Data processing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Information processing Critical Criteria:
Unify Information processing tasks and catalog what business benefits will Information processing goals deliver if achieved.
– Is the security of organizations information and information processing facilities maintained when these are accessed, processed, communicated to or managed by external parties?
– Prevention of Misuse of Information Processing Facilities: Are users deterred from using information processing facilities for unauthorized purposes?
– What new requirements emerge in terms of information processing/management to make physical and virtual world data fusion possible?
– Are un-authorized user access, compromise or theft of information and information processing facilities prevented?
– Are the integrity and availability and information processing and communication services maintained?
– Are correct and secure operations of information processing facilities ensured?
– Are we able to detect unauthorized information processing activities?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Read up on Information technology visions and do something to it.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data processing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data processing process available?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Data processing processes of our organization?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Study Integrated Authority File governance and intervene in Integrated Authority File processes and leadership.
– What is our formula for success in Data processing ?
– How to deal with Data processing Changes?
Mechanical calculator Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Mechanical calculator adoptions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Mechanical calculator projects.
– Think about the people you identified for your Data processing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Data processing?
– Are we Assessing Data processing and Risk?
National Diet Library Critical Criteria:
Transcribe National Diet Library goals and test out new things.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Data processing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Data processing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Data processing process?
Punched card Critical Criteria:
Judge Punched card planning and explore and align the progress in Punched card.
– Among the Data processing product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are the usability implications of Data processing actions?
– What is our Data processing Strategy?
Statistical analysis Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Statistical analysis decisions and catalog what business benefits will Statistical analysis goals deliver if achieved.
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– Do we all define Data processing in the same way?
Summary statistic Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Summary statistic goals and grade techniques for implementing Summary statistic controls.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Data processing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Data processing project lifecycle?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Data processing agendas for the next 3 years?
UNIVAC I Critical Criteria:
Map UNIVAC I risks and handle a jump-start course to UNIVAC I.
– What are the business goals Data processing is aiming to achieve?
– How can skill-level changes improve Data processing?
Unit record equipment Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Unit record equipment leadership and assess what counts with Unit record equipment that we are not counting.
– How do we manage Data processing Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How do we maintain Data processings Integrity?
United States Census Bureau Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for United States Census Bureau leadership and frame using storytelling to create more compelling United States Census Bureau projects.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Data processing forward?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Data processing objectives?
Word processing Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Word processing management and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Word processing projects.
– Does Data processing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Data processing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data processing External links:
Data Factory – Data processing service | Microsoft Azure
Data Processing Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Login – Southland Data Processing
1850 United States Census External links:
1850 United States Census – World Vital Records
1890 United States Census External links:
1890 United States Census – 1890 Census | National Archives
1950 United States Census External links:
1950 United States Census Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
Aggregate data External links:
Aggregate Data | Online Learning – geekinterview
Aggregate Data to Grasp the Whole Customer Journey
STAAR Aggregate Data
Balance sheet External links:
Balance Sheet – Owner’s Equity | AccountingCoach
Apple Inc. (AAPL) Balance Sheet – NASDAQ.com
The Fed – Fed’s balance sheet
Big data External links:
Presto | Distributed SQL Query Engine for Big Data
Loudr: Big Data for Music Rights
Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics Software
Business reporting External links:
Business Reporting Instructions – Alabama State Treasury
Title Business Reporting Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Historically Underutilized Business Reporting
Cash flow statement External links:
How to Create a Cash Flow Statement in Xero
Cash Flow Statement | Explanation | AccountingCoach
[DOC]CASH FLOW STATEMENT – New York University
Data Processing Management Association External links:
Data Processing Management Association – Hubbiz
DPMA – Data Processing Management Association
Data Processing Management Association records – …
Data analysis External links:
OSEDA – Office of Social and Economic Data Analysis
Regional Data Warehouse/Data Analysis Site
Seven Bridges Genomics – The biomedical data analysis …
Data classification External links:
Data Classification Overview – Overview – Security Program
What is data classification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Data Classification and Handling Standard | UA …
Data collection External links:
A Guide to CRA Data Collection and Reporting
Welcome! > Demographic Data Collection Tool
Field Data Collection Positions | Westat.com
Data processing system External links:
WO/2017/212269 DATA PROCESSING SYSTEM AND …
Data processing system – DITMORE, HARRY B JR
CiteSeerX — DATA PROCESSING SYSTEM*
Data validation External links:
Data Validation in Excel – Easy Excel Tutorial
Data Validation – TIME | wmfexcel
Data Validation – OWASP
Electronic computers External links:
SIC Code 3571 – Electronic Computers – Business Data …
Electronic Computers – AbeBooks
Electronic computers (Book, 1970) [WorldCat.org]
Electronic data processing External links:
Electronic Data Processing Test (EDPT) – The Balance
DRS: Electronic Data Processing Tax Credit 25JAN2017
Human computer External links:
Human Computer Interaction Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Information processing External links:
Optical Information Processing – CaltechTHESIS
“Information Processing and Coping Style During the …
Web Visual Logistics Information Processing System
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Integrated Authority File External links:
Integrated authority file: IAF – Digital Collections
Integrated Authority File – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Integrated Authority File (GND) – Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
Mechanical calculator External links:
Mechanical Calculator | eBay
History of Computing Science: The First Mechanical Calculator
Curta Mechanical Calculator – System Curt Herzstark
National Diet Library External links:
ndl.go.jp – ????????National Diet Library
Opening Hours & Library Holidays?National Diet Library
Punched card External links:
IBM100 – The IBM Punched Card
Edge-Punched Card & Video | Martha Stewart
IBM100 – The Punched Card Tabulator – IBM WWW Page
Statistical analysis External links:
The Statistical Analysis Center (SAC) – State of Delaware
Washington State Statistical Analysis Center
Inferential Statistics: Learn Statistical Analysis | Udacity
Summary statistic External links:
Summary Statistics Flight Number – OST R | BTS | Transtats
[PDF]Single Family Loan-Level Dataset Summary Statistics
NEDS Summary Statistics – HCUP-US Home Page
UNIVAC I External links:
UNIVAC I Instruction Set – Folklore
UNIVAC I | Article about UNIVAC I by The Free Dictionary
CNN.com – 50th anniversary of the UNIVAC I – June 14, 2001
Unit record equipment External links:
ERIC – Unit Record Equipment-Basic (Course Outline), …
Unit record equipment – YouTube
Word processing External links:
[PDF]WORD PROCESSING ASSISTANT – Michigan
Word Processing Software for Windows – Free downloads …
Word Processing (eVideo, 2016) [WorldCat.org]