What is involved in Internet Marketing
Find out what the related areas are that Internet Marketing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Internet Marketing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Internet Marketing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Internet Marketing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Internet Marketing related domains to cover and 158 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Internet Marketing, Visual merchandising, Marketing operations, Social commerce, Content marketing, Compensation methods, Online wallet, Loyalty marketing, Mobile applications, Social marketing, Product marketing, Travel website, Brand ambassador, Customer service, Online trading community, Supply-side platform, Local search engine optimisation, Web bugs, Comparison shopping website, Cost per impression, Advertising media, Marketing management, Marketing communications, Ad blocking, Social media marketing, Marketing strategy, Overture Services, Corporate propaganda, National Diet Library, Flower delivery, Nike, Inc., Account-based marketing, Internet Marketing, Native advertising, Contextual advertising, Revenue sharing, Pop-up ad, Product demonstration, Click-through rate, Honor system, Marketing ethics, Federal Trade Commission, Marketing research, Marketing activation, Online advertising, Corporate identity, Adobe Flash, Promotional merchandise, Social Science Research Network, Digital marketing, Online banking, Underwriting spot, Mobile advertising:
Internet Marketing Critical Criteria:
Guide Internet Marketing outcomes and proactively manage Internet Marketing risks.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Internet Marketing leaders?
– Why is Internet Marketing important for you now?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Recall Visual merchandising governance and find out what it really means.
– What are the key elements of your Internet Marketing performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Internet Marketing?
– What is Effective Internet Marketing?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Pilot Marketing operations tasks and separate what are the business goals Marketing operations is aiming to achieve.
– Do those selected for the Internet Marketing team have a good general understanding of what Internet Marketing is all about?
– Does Internet Marketing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we Improve Internet Marketing service perception, and satisfaction?
Social commerce Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Social commerce decisions and pay attention to the small things.
– Do we monitor the Internet Marketing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Think of your Internet Marketing project. what are the main functions?
– Why should we adopt a Internet Marketing framework?
Content marketing Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Content marketing governance and improve Content marketing service perception.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Internet Marketing project manager?
– Is the Internet Marketing organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Internet Marketing moving forward?
Compensation methods Critical Criteria:
Nurse Compensation methods engagements and oversee Compensation methods requirements.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Internet Marketing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do we go about Comparing Internet Marketing approaches/solutions?
– Who sets the Internet Marketing standards?
Online wallet Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Online wallet decisions and oversee Online wallet requirements.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Internet Marketing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How will you know that the Internet Marketing project has been successful?
– Will Internet Marketing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Loyalty marketing goals and work towards be a leading Loyalty marketing expert.
– Are accountability and ownership for Internet Marketing clearly defined?
– What are the business goals Internet Marketing is aiming to achieve?
Mobile applications Critical Criteria:
Examine Mobile applications planning and achieve a single Mobile applications view and bringing data together.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Internet Marketing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Do the Internet Marketing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Which Internet Marketing goals are the most important?
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Social marketing adoptions and budget for Social marketing challenges.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Internet Marketing project?
– Are there Internet Marketing Models?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Product marketing governance and cater for concise Product marketing education.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Internet Marketing requirements in detail?
– How can skill-level changes improve Internet Marketing?
Travel website Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Travel website governance and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Travel website.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Internet Marketing processes of our organization?
– Does the Internet Marketing task fit the clients priorities?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Grade Brand ambassador visions and separate what are the business goals Brand ambassador is aiming to achieve.
– Think about the people you identified for your Internet Marketing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Internet Marketing process?
– How to deal with Internet Marketing Changes?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Customer service decisions and create Customer service explanations for all managers.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– How do you feel about having to self-disclose personal information (e.g., social security or drivers license number or birth dates) in a Customer Service environment. do your views or preferences might affect the way that you provide service to others?
– Why would potential clients outsource their business to us if they can perform the same level of Customer Service in house?
– What are some things you can do as a Customer Service professional to project a positive image to the customer?
– Do we know what percentage of customers are likely to spend more if the Customer Service rep is helpful?
– Staff: what kind of qualities would staff members who deliver stellar Customer Service possess?
– What are acceptable techniques for directing a customer to the Customer Service department?
– What are the three most important things we need to focus on to improve Customer Service?
– In what ways have you seen modesty in others exhibited in the past?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– What are the issues of scaling Twitter for Customer Service?
– How many Customer Service-related emails do you receive?
– What are the best community tools for Customer Service?
– What are your organization s service characteristics?
– Are there any gaps in or problems with the system?
– What systems and procedures do we have in place?
– What is the percentage of calls you transfer?
– How do you plan to address Customer Service?
– Do we know Who Always Comes First?
– Is 99.9% Good Enough?
Online trading community Critical Criteria:
Administer Online trading community issues and explore and align the progress in Online trading community.
– Is there any existing Internet Marketing governance structure?
Supply-side platform Critical Criteria:
Audit Supply-side platform failures and report on the economics of relationships managing Supply-side platform and constraints.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Internet Marketing, including any consulting or professional services?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Internet Marketing?
Local search engine optimisation Critical Criteria:
Participate in Local search engine optimisation projects and proactively manage Local search engine optimisation risks.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Internet Marketing process?
– In a project to restructure Internet Marketing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Web bugs Critical Criteria:
Guide Web bugs results and arbitrate Web bugs techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Internet Marketing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How is the value delivered by Internet Marketing being measured?
– Is a Internet Marketing Team Work effort in place?
Comparison shopping website Critical Criteria:
Infer Comparison shopping website strategies and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Comparison shopping website decisions.
– What are the disruptive Internet Marketing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Does Internet Marketing analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Cost per impression Critical Criteria:
Learn from Cost per impression adoptions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Cost per impression information.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Internet Marketing processes?
– How do we go about Securing Internet Marketing?
Advertising media Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Advertising media decisions and achieve a single Advertising media view and bringing data together.
– How important is Internet Marketing to the user organizations mission?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Marketing management goals and pay attention to the small things.
– How likely is the current Internet Marketing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are internal and external Internet Marketing relations?
Marketing communications Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Marketing communications goals and define what do we need to start doing with Marketing communications.
– What are the objectives of our campaign as they relate to brand awareness, knowledge and interest, favorable attitudes and image, and purchase intentions?
– Identification of the reach, frequency, and message weights sought. what will be the geographical allocation of the media budget and why?
– A major study or report can be planned from the start with an eye to publicity: what can be done to make the study newsworthy?
– Further quantify the objectives youve established. set a range if need be. what distribution level do you hope to achieve?
– To get a receptive environment for our program. what are the population trends and dangers we can leverage?
– If you are in doubt about a particular event and it will require a significant expense, why not test it?
– Which of the elements of the promotional mix is usually regarded as most credible?
– What is most important and will help us best achieve the marketing objective?
– Has extra weight been scheduled in geographic areas of high sales potential?
– Does the plan make primary use of the most effective creative executions?
– How do we establish source credibility in our advertisement?
– What are the key features, benefits of the program/project?
– What communications laws and policies will we face?
– Documentation supporting any options selected?
– Plan delivery compared to media objectives?
– Will the promotion be supported by media?
– Who do we need to influence and how?
– What is the major role of promotion?
– What are the cost considerations?
– Why are you undertaking this?
Ad blocking Critical Criteria:
Chart Ad blocking planning and catalog Ad blocking activities.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Internet Marketing ?
Social media marketing Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Social media marketing management and oversee Social media marketing management by competencies.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Internet Marketing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Internet Marketing effort?
– Do Internet Marketing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Marketing strategy management and look at it backwards.
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Internet Marketing process?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Internet Marketing project?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
Overture Services Critical Criteria:
Coach on Overture Services visions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Overture Services services.
– Is the scope of Internet Marketing defined?
– What is our Internet Marketing Strategy?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Corporate propaganda planning and transcribe Corporate propaganda as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Internet Marketing services/products?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Internet Marketing opportunities costing us money?
– How much does Internet Marketing help?
National Diet Library Critical Criteria:
Investigate National Diet Library visions and create a map for yourself.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Internet Marketing objectives?
– Are assumptions made in Internet Marketing stated explicitly?
– How do we maintain Internet Marketings Integrity?
Flower delivery Critical Criteria:
Mine Flower delivery tasks and innovate what needs to be done with Flower delivery.
– Do we all define Internet Marketing in the same way?
Nike, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Nike, Inc. tactics and ask what if.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Internet Marketing in a volatile global economy?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Internet Marketing?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Align Account-based marketing issues and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Account-based marketing.
– Can we do Internet Marketing without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Does Internet Marketing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Internet Marketing Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Internet Marketing adoptions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Internet Marketing.
– Does Internet Marketing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Native advertising decisions and innovate what needs to be done with Native advertising.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Internet Marketing leader?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Internet Marketing move?
Contextual advertising Critical Criteria:
Reason over Contextual advertising projects and describe which business rules are needed as Contextual advertising interface.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Internet Marketing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Internet Marketing?
Revenue sharing Critical Criteria:
Chart Revenue sharing results and question.
– In what ways are Internet Marketing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are all of our Internet Marketing domains and what do they do?
Pop-up ad Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Pop-up ad visions and plan concise Pop-up ad education.
– What is our formula for success in Internet Marketing ?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Survey Product demonstration management and adjust implementation of Product demonstration.
– Who needs to know about Internet Marketing ?
– Are there Internet Marketing problems defined?
Click-through rate Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Click-through rate decisions and attract Click-through rate skills.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Internet Marketing delivery for example is new software needed?
– To what extent does management recognize Internet Marketing as a tool to increase the results?
Honor system Critical Criteria:
Analyze Honor system adoptions and transcribe Honor system as tomorrows backbone for success.
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Marketing ethics projects and integrate design thinking in Marketing ethics innovation.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Internet Marketing activities?
Federal Trade Commission Critical Criteria:
Face Federal Trade Commission strategies and describe the risks of Federal Trade Commission sustainability.
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Grade Marketing research leadership and secure Marketing research creativity.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Internet Marketing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Internet Marketing project lifecycle?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
– Do we have past Internet Marketing Successes?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Marketing activation results and finalize specific methods for Marketing activation acceptance.
– Does our organization need more Internet Marketing education?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Confer re Online advertising issues and observe effective Online advertising.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Internet Marketing agendas for the next 3 years?
– How to Secure Internet Marketing?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Corporate identity strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
– Are there recognized Internet Marketing problems?
Adobe Flash Critical Criteria:
Discourse Adobe Flash goals and create a map for yourself.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Internet Marketing?
– What threat is Internet Marketing addressing?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Promotional merchandise leadership and innovate what needs to be done with Promotional merchandise.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Internet Marketing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we keep improving Internet Marketing?
Social Science Research Network Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Social Science Research Network strategies and forecast involvement of future Social Science Research Network projects in development.
– How can you measure Internet Marketing in a systematic way?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Unify Digital marketing risks and be persistent.
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– What is the purpose of Internet Marketing in relation to the mission?
Online banking Critical Criteria:
Survey Online banking tasks and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Internet Marketing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What will drive Internet Marketing change?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Underwriting spot engagements and develop and take control of the Underwriting spot initiative.
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Mobile advertising goals and learn.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Internet Marketing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Visual merchandising External links:
Marketing operations External links:
Simple – Marketing Operations Platform – Get to Market Faster
Aprimo Careers – Aprimo Marketing Operations
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Social commerce External links:
Social Commerce for Shopify – SocialShopWave
ModeFair – Exciting Social Commerce and Curated …
Tagzie: Supercharged Social Commerce
Content marketing External links:
Percolate | Complete Content Marketing Software for …
Online wallet External links:
OTTOCOIN dot Cash – OTC Online Wallet
Loyalty marketing External links:
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Careers in Loyalty Marketing Solutions – Kobie
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
Mobile applications External links:
Albertsons » Mobile Applications
Vons – Mobile Applications
Micromedex Mobile Applications Downloads | ITunes And …
Social marketing External links:
ToneDen – Automated Social Marketing and Advertising
SEO Company, Experts in Paid Media, PR & Social Marketing
2018 USF Social Marketing Conference | Clearwater, FL
Product marketing External links:
Product Marketing | United States | Lightning Launch
Product Marketing tips and strategies from Launch Grow Joy
Product marketing tools – Startup with Google
Travel website External links:
Log In – Delta Professional Corporate Travel Website
Brand ambassador External links:
Brand Ambassador and Campus Rep Programs
Brand Ambassador Jobs – Search Brand Ambassador …
Brand Ambassador, Event Staffing & Promo Model Jobs | HYPE
Customer service External links:
Customer Service – Southwest Airlines
Customer Service – Fidelity Investments
Bank of America Customer Service
Online trading community External links:
Online Trading Community – Home | Facebook
The Exchange | Questrade’s online trading community
Supply-side platform External links:
What is a Supply-Side Platform, or SSP? – Digiday
Local search engine optimisation External links:
Local Search Engine Optimisation Services – Terranova
Web bugs External links:
More Chinese Scans for Web Bugs | MSI :: State of Security
[PDF]Use of Internet ‘Cookies’ and ‘Web Bugs’ on …
Advertising media External links:
Marketing management External links:
CrossCap – Marketing Management Software
MC Marketing Management – Real-World Marketing for …
Marketing Mix Modeling | Marketing Management Analytics
Marketing communications External links:
Spark451 – Marketing Communications
Greteman Group Aviation Marketing Communications
Ad blocking External links:
Alternate DNS – Ad Blocking DNS Server
Adblock Analytics – Gain insights into visitor ad blocking
Ad Muncher: Free ad blocking for all browsers
Social media marketing External links:
Social Media Marketing – Mashable
Every social media marketing strategy to grow your business.
SOCi Social Media Marketing & Management Platform
Marketing strategy External links:
Every social media marketing strategy to grow your …
Online Marketing Strategy and Consulting
RedRover Sales & Marketing Strategy | RedRover Company
Overture Services External links:
[PDF]Overture Services, Inc. v. Google, Inc. – Findlaw
Corporate propaganda External links:
ERIC – Project Learning Tree (Corporate Propaganda …
National Diet Library External links:
Online Gallery | National Diet Library
National Diet Library law. (Book, 1961) [WorldCat.org]
Flower delivery External links:
Best Gardenia Flower Delivery | Luxury Flowers in a Box
Send Flowers | Same Day Flower Delivery from Blooms Today
Flower Delivery – Send Flowers | Just Flowers
Nike, Inc. External links:
NIKE, Inc. Announces New Consumer Direct Offense: A …
Account-based marketing External links:
Industry-Leading Account-Based Marketing Software – …
Account-Based Marketing – Demandbase | Expert …
Internet Marketing External links:
Web Design | SEO Services | Internet Marketing Agency
in10sity – Content Management Systems – Internet Marketing
Autoshop Solutions | Automotive Repair Internet Marketing
Native advertising External links:
Native Advertising Institute – Native Advertising Institute
Nativo: The Leading Native Advertising Platform
Email Monetization and Native Advertising: Gold Lasso
Contextual advertising External links:
Contextual Advertising – NOVAFORA, INC.
Media Traffic – CPV PPV Contextual Advertising
Revenue sharing External links:
Revenue sharing (Audiobook on Cassette, 1980) …
Title 30-A, §5681: State-municipal revenue sharing
Pop-up ad External links:
Design-a-thon Nashville 2017 – A pop-up ad agency …
Pop-Up Ad Blockers – Lifewire
How To Remove Unwanted Adware And Pop-Up Ad …
Product demonstration External links:
The Face Marketing| Product Demonstration Company| …
Request A Demo | Product Demonstration – Meditab
Corporate Image, Product Demonstration, and Training …
Click-through rate External links:
How “Unique Click-Through Rate” is calculated in …
Click-Through Rate (CTR) – Investopedia
Honor system External links:
Honor System | Office of Student Conduct
Honor System Module | Office of Student Conduct
ERIC – The Honor System Library, Library Media …
Marketing ethics External links:
Define: Marketing Ethics | iContact
Federal Trade Commission External links:
Federal Trade Commission Complying with the Funeral …
Federal Trade Commission | Protecting America’s …
Federal Trade Commission | CENTURY 21
Marketing research External links:
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
Ask Survey Center | Marketing Research Specialists
AOC Marketing Research
Marketing activation External links:
Online advertising External links:
Wippl – Caribbean Online Advertising
Corporate identity External links:
corporate printing services, corporate identity standards
Corporate identity. (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate Identity Management
Adobe Flash External links:
Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions
Adobe Flash Player Download
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Brand Impression – Promotional Merchandise for Brand …
Social Science Research Network External links:
Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
SSRN: Social Science Research Network – University of …
Law and Social Science Research Network – LASSnet
Digital marketing External links:
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Customized Digital Marketing Services – G/O Digital Marketing
Philadelphia – Digital Marketing Conference | August, 2018
Online banking External links:
New York Community Bank | Online Banking | Sign In | User ID
myBranch Online Banking Log In | Security Service
Huntington Online Banking Login | Huntington
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Underwriting spot – Revolvy
Mobile advertising External links:
App Samurai | Mobile Advertising Platform for Startups
Targeted Mobile Advertising | Campaign Management
IQzone – Mobile Advertising Solutions