What is involved in Data processing
Find out what the related areas are that Data processing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data processing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Data processing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Data processing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data processing related domains to cover and 163 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data processing, 1850 United States Census, 1890 United States Census, 1950 United States Census, Aggregate data, Balance sheet, Big data, Business reporting, Cash flow statement, Data Processing Management Association, Data analysis, Data classification, Data collection, Data processing system, Data validation, Electronic computers, Electronic data processing, Human computer, Information processing, Information technology, Integrated Authority File, Mechanical calculator, National Diet Library, Punched card, Statistical analysis, Summary statistic, UNIVAC I, Unit record equipment, United States Census Bureau, Word processing:
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Data processing results and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Data processing projects.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– How will you know that the Data processing project has been successful?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
– How can the value of Data processing be defined?
– Are there Data processing problems defined?
1850 United States Census Critical Criteria:
Jump start 1850 United States Census risks and probe using an integrated framework to make sure 1850 United States Census is getting what it needs.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Data processing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Does Data processing analysis show the relationships among important Data processing factors?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Data processing activities?
1890 United States Census Critical Criteria:
Huddle over 1890 United States Census tactics and probe the present value of growth of 1890 United States Census.
– Does Data processing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do Data processing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Will Data processing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
1950 United States Census Critical Criteria:
Substantiate 1950 United States Census tasks and secure 1950 United States Census creativity.
– In the case of a Data processing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Data processing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Data processing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Is there a Data processing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Why should we adopt a Data processing framework?
Aggregate data Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Aggregate data results and summarize a clear Aggregate data focus.
– Are assumptions made in Data processing stated explicitly?
– Does Data processing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What aggregate data would you want to capture?
Balance sheet Critical Criteria:
Group Balance sheet engagements and ask questions.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Data processing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Do you contemplate any change in your capital structure or any substantial increase or decrease in equity capital?
– If the firm is able to meet its short-term financial obligations (is it solvent?
– How well the overall operations of the firm are managed (is it profitable?
– Has or will any financial institution extend you a line of credit?
– What are the cash flows from investing and financing activities?
– Were credit sales or cash from customers high during the year?
– Do substantial overbillings reflect a strong cash balance?
– Was cash used to buy stocks, bonds or other investments?
– Short-term notes payable: trade notes or borrowing?
– What is the firms internal growth rate?
– Are receivables coming in too slowly?
– What do profitability ratios measure?
– What is the gain or loss on sale?
– Are progress billings unapproved?
– What do activity ratios measure?
– How do cash flow problems start?
– What was revenue for the year?
– How is equity calculated?
– What is Return on Equity?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Frame Big data issues and develop and take control of the Big data initiative.
– New roles. Executives interested in leading a big data transition can start with two simple techniques. First, they can get in the habit of asking What do the data say?
– What is (or would be) the added value of collaborating with other entities regarding data sharing across economic sectors?
– To what extent does your organization have experience with big data and data-driven innovation (DDI)?
– Do we understand public perception of transportation service delivery at any given time?
– In which way does big data create, or is expected to create, value in the organization?
– What can management do to improve value creation from data-driven innovation?
– Which other Oracle Business Intelligence products are used in your solution?
– Does your organization have the right analytical tools to handle (big) data?
– How will systems and methods evolve to remove Big Data solution weaknesses?
– With more data to analyze, can Big Data improve decision-making?
– Future Plans What is the future plan to expand this solution?
– What is/are the corollaries for non-algorithmic analytics?
– What metrics do we use to assess the results?
– What is the cost of partitioning/balancing?
– What is collecting all this data?
– what is Different about Big Data?
– Does Big Data Really Need HPC?
– Are we Using Data To Win?
Business reporting Critical Criteria:
Apply Business reporting tactics and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Business reporting decisions.
– What are our needs in relation to Data processing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Data processing dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Who sets the Data processing standards?
Cash flow statement Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Cash flow statement governance and be persistent.
– What is the purpose of Data processing in relation to the mission?
– Why is Data processing important for you now?
– Are we Assessing Data processing and Risk?
Data Processing Management Association Critical Criteria:
Understand Data Processing Management Association tactics and devote time assessing Data Processing Management Association and its risk.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Data processing project?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Data processing?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Data processing Management?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Chat re Data analysis quality and look for lots of ideas.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data processing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data processing process available?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Data processing move?
– Does the Data processing task fit the clients priorities?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
Data classification Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Data classification visions and cater for concise Data classification education.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Data processing process?
– How do we know that any Data processing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Data collection Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Data collection adoptions and proactively manage Data collection risks.
– Were changes made during the file extract period to how the data are processed, such as changes to mode of data collection, changes to instructions for completing the application form, changes to the edit, changes to classification codes, or changes to the query system used to retrieve the data?
– Does the design of the program/projects overall data collection and reporting system ensure that, if implemented as planned, it will collect and report quality data?
– What should I consider in selecting the most resource-effective data collection design that will satisfy all of my performance or acceptance criteria?
– Is it understood that the risk management effectiveness critically depends on data collection, analysis and dissemination of relevant data?
– Are we collecting data once and using it many times, or duplicating data collection efforts and submerging data in silos?
– Do data reflect stable and consistent data collection processes and analysis methods over time?
– Are there standard data collection and reporting forms that are systematically used?
– What is the definitive data collection and what is the legacy of said collection?
– Who is responsible for co-ordinating and monitoring data collection and analysis?
– Do you have policies and procedures which direct your data collection process?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Data processing requirements in detail?
– Do you define jargon and other terminology used in data collection tools?
– How can the benefits of Big Data collection and applications be measured?
– Do you use the same data collection methods for all sites?
– Do you clearly document your data collection methods?
– What is the schedule and budget for data collection?
– Is our data collection and acquisition optimized?
– Do we all define Data processing in the same way?
Data processing system Critical Criteria:
Detail Data processing system adoptions and summarize a clear Data processing system focus.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Data processing processes?
– Are accountability and ownership for Data processing clearly defined?
Data validation Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Data validation outcomes and revise understanding of Data validation architectures.
– Can we add value to the current Data processing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– In a project to restructure Data processing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How much does Data processing help?
Electronic computers Critical Criteria:
Gauge Electronic computers governance and grade techniques for implementing Electronic computers controls.
– How can you measure Data processing in a systematic way?
– How do we Lead with Data processing in Mind?
Electronic data processing Critical Criteria:
Rank Electronic data processing results and devote time assessing Electronic data processing and its risk.
– How do we maintain Data processings Integrity?
– Is Data processing Required?
Human computer Critical Criteria:
Group Human computer tasks and balance specific methods for improving Human computer results.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Data processing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is the difference between Interaction Design and Human Computer Interaction?
– How will you measure your Data processing effectiveness?
Information processing Critical Criteria:
Coach on Information processing adoptions and catalog what business benefits will Information processing goals deliver if achieved.
– Is the security of organizations information and information processing facilities maintained when these are accessed, processed, communicated to or managed by external parties?
– Prevention of Misuse of Information Processing Facilities: Are users deterred from using information processing facilities for unauthorized purposes?
– What new requirements emerge in terms of information processing/management to make physical and virtual world data fusion possible?
– Are un-authorized user access, compromise or theft of information and information processing facilities prevented?
– Are the integrity and availability and information processing and communication services maintained?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Data processing project?
– Are correct and secure operations of information processing facilities ensured?
– Are we able to detect unauthorized information processing activities?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Focus on Information technology tasks and oversee implementation of Information technology.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Will Data processing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Data processing project manager?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Data processing been identified and analyzed?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Drive Integrated Authority File adoptions and optimize Integrated Authority File leadership as a key to advancement.
Mechanical calculator Critical Criteria:
Focus on Mechanical calculator tactics and point out Mechanical calculator tensions in leadership.
– Who will provide the final approval of Data processing deliverables?
National Diet Library Critical Criteria:
Illustrate National Diet Library management and secure National Diet Library creativity.
– Is maximizing Data processing protection the same as minimizing Data processing loss?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Data processing?
– How to Secure Data processing?
Punched card Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Punched card projects and innovate what needs to be done with Punched card.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Data processing?
Statistical analysis Critical Criteria:
Grasp Statistical analysis visions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Statistical analysis projects.
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– In what ways are Data processing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– To what extent does management recognize Data processing as a tool to increase the results?
Summary statistic Critical Criteria:
Rank Summary statistic outcomes and create Summary statistic explanations for all managers.
– Does Data processing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Do we monitor the Data processing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are specific Data processing Rules to follow?
UNIVAC I Critical Criteria:
Study UNIVAC I risks and stake your claim.
– What are internal and external Data processing relations?
Unit record equipment Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Unit record equipment projects and work towards be a leading Unit record equipment expert.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Data processing activities?
United States Census Bureau Critical Criteria:
Prioritize United States Census Bureau results and probe using an integrated framework to make sure United States Census Bureau is getting what it needs.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Data processing study?
– How do we manage Data processing Knowledge Management (KM)?
Word processing Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Word processing tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Word processing.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Data processing processes of our organization?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Data processing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data processing External links:
Southland Data Processing Inc – Login – Payentry
[PDF]JOB TITLE: DATA PROCESSING CLERK – FNB Bank
Data Processing-Presentation – SlideShare
1850 United States Census External links:
1850 United States Census: Southern Anthology
1850 United States Census – World Vital Records
1890 United States Census External links:
1890 United States Census – World Vital Records
1950 United States Census External links:
1950 United States Census – broom02.revolvy.com
broom02.revolvy.com/topic/1950 United States Census
1950 United States Census Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
Aggregate data External links:
Aggregate Data to Grasp the Whole Customer Journey
ERIC – Aggregate Data Analysis: An Overview., …
Balance sheet External links:
[PDF]Table 1. U.S. Petroleum Balance Sheet, Week Ending …
Accounting Goodwill – Analyzing a Balance Sheet
Balance Sheet | CENTURY 21
Big data External links:
Qognify: Big Data Solutions for Physical Security & …
Pepperdata: DevOps for Big Data
Business reporting External links:
Business Reporting | IFAC
business reporting | IFAC
Historically Underutilized Business Reporting
Cash flow statement External links:
Cash Flow Statement | Explanation | AccountingCoach
What Is a Cash Flow Statement? — The Motley Fool
[PDF]How to Prepare a Cash Flow Statement – Loans | Zions …
Data Processing Management Association External links:
Data Processing Management Association records – …
Data Processing Management Association [WorldCat …
Data analysis External links:
Seven Bridges Genomics – The biomedical data analysis …
AnswerMiner – Data analysis made easy
Home | The SPRINT Data Analysis Challenge
Data classification External links:
Data Classification Standard | Information Security and …
[PDF]Data Classification Standard – IT Security Office
Data Classification and Handling Standard | UA …
Data collection External links:
Data Collection Login
Welcome! > Demographic Data Collection Tool
DOX EMR/ Starwriter Medical Data Collection
Data processing system External links:
HOSPITAL DATA PROCESSING SYSTEM – Community …
Data validation External links:
Description and examples of data validation in Excel
Data Validation in Excel – EASY Excel Tutorial
Excel Data Validation Messages for Users – Contextures Inc.
Electronic computers External links:
Electronic computers (Book, 1967) [WorldCat.org]
SIC 3571 Electronic Computers – Business Data Codes
Electronic data processing External links:
DRS: Electronic Data Processing Tax Credit 25JAN2017
Electronic Data Processing Test (EDPT) – The Balance
Human computer External links:
Human-computer interaction | Human Computer Interaction
Human Computer Interaction – Past, Present, Future – …
Information processing External links:
Information processing – Emerging Perspectives on …
Signal and Information Processing
Web Visual Logistics Information Processing System
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Box @ IU | University Information Technology Services
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Integrated Authority File External links:
MEDLARS indexing: integrated authority file
Mechanical calculator External links:
“Hidden Figures” Friden STW 10 Mechanical Calculator …
Amazing! The Curta Mechanical Calculator | EE Times
The Astounding Curta Mechanical Calculator – YouTube
National Diet Library External links:
Online Gallery | National Diet Library
National Diet Library law. (Book, 1961) [WorldCat.org]
Punched card External links:
Punched Card Reader with Arduino Interface – YouTube
FSC 7040 – Punched Card Equipment – Page 1 – NSN Center
Statistical analysis External links:
Statistical Analysis Software for Mac and Windows | JMP
Statistical Analysis Center | cjcc
Summary statistic External links:
UNC-CH Plan Room: Summary Statistics
Advice Letter Summary Statistics – California
UNIVAC I External links:
UNIVAC I Instruction Set – Folklore
CNN.com – 50th anniversary of the UNIVAC I – June 14, 2001
United States Census Bureau External links:
United States Census Bureau | Virginia Employment …
Word processing External links:
[PDF]TITLE: WORD PROCESSING OPERATOR I – Official …
Word Processing (eVideo, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
[PPT]Word Processing – Computer Science