What is involved in Business process modeling
Find out what the related areas are that Business process modeling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business process modeling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Process Modeling BPM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Process Modeling BPM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business process modeling related domains to cover and 256 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business process modeling, Architecture of Integrated Information Systems, Quality function deployment, Ruzena Bajcsy, Mathematical optimization, Quality management, Activity diagram, Technical support, Business process reengineering, Business Process Model and Notation, Formal methods, Harbarian process modelling, Software configuration management, Corporate governance, Tertiary sector of the economy, Object model, Software process, Business reference model, Electrical engineering, Organizational chart, Value chain, Entity–relationship model, Business plan, Software engineering, Subject-oriented business process management, Industrial engineering, Nadja Damij, Software archaeology, Structured analysis, Software code, Government agency, Business architecture, Process mining, Aspect-oriented software development, Business process redesign, Systems development life cycle, Aerospace engineering, Computer engineering, Software development, Event-driven process chain, Control flow diagram, Executable UML, Business model, Software verification and validation, Software deployment, Programming paradigm, Enterprise systems engineering, Rapid application development, Model-driven architecture, System integration, Biological systems engineering, Function model, Requirements engineering, Flow chart, Generalised Enterprise Reference Architecture and Methodology, Peri Tarr, Systems engineering, Information technology, Software design, Spiral model, Software architecture, Niklaus Wirth, Business efficiency, Functional specification, Systems analysis, Software testing, Performance engineering, Computer science, Enterprise architecture, Control engineering, Reference model, Iterative and incremental development:
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Graph Business process modeling tactics and catalog what business benefits will Business process modeling goals deliver if achieved.
– Among the Business process modeling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How can you negotiate Business process modeling successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Can we do Business process modeling without complex (expensive) analysis?
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Architecture of Integrated Information Systems failures and interpret which customers can’t participate in Architecture of Integrated Information Systems because they lack skills.
– How likely is the current Business process modeling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Why are Business process modeling skills important?
– How to deal with Business process modeling Changes?
Quality function deployment Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Quality function deployment failures and perfect Quality function deployment conflict management.
– What are our needs in relation to Business process modeling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business process modeling that make it risky?
Ruzena Bajcsy Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Ruzena Bajcsy risks and tour deciding if Ruzena Bajcsy progress is made.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Business process modeling, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we go about Comparing Business process modeling approaches/solutions?
Mathematical optimization Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Mathematical optimization leadership and develop and take control of the Mathematical optimization initiative.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Business process modeling models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are there Business process modeling Models?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Quality management engagements and test out new things.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Business process modeling project?
– How is the value delivered by Business process modeling being measured?
– Why is Business process modeling important for you now?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Activity diagram Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Activity diagram planning and check on ways to get started with Activity diagram.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business process modeling project?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business process modeling?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Business process modeling?
Technical support Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Technical support tactics and probe the present value of growth of Technical support.
– What alternatives do the vendors offer for contacting technical support (e.g., email, telephone, online chat, and web-based reporting)?
– If technical support services are included, what is the vendors commitment to timely response?
– Are accountability and ownership for Business process modeling clearly defined?
– Are there recognized Business process modeling problems?
– Is Business process modeling Required?
Business process reengineering Critical Criteria:
Add value to Business process reengineering tasks and track iterative Business process reengineering results.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Business process modeling experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Business process modeling opportunities costing us money?
– What are specific Business process modeling Rules to follow?
Business Process Model and Notation Critical Criteria:
Match Business Process Model and Notation adoptions and report on developing an effective Business Process Model and Notation strategy.
– In the case of a Business process modeling project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Business process modeling project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Business process modeling project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business process modeling is underway?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business process modeling been identified and analyzed?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Grasp Formal methods management and test out new things.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business process modeling project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business process modeling project lifecycle?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Business process modeling processes?
– How do we know that any Business process modeling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Harbarian process modelling Critical Criteria:
Match Harbarian process modelling strategies and revise understanding of Harbarian process modelling architectures.
– What is the source of the strategies for Business process modeling strengthening and reform?
– Is the Business process modeling organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Business process modeling Management?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Derive from Software configuration management projects and report on setting up Software configuration management without losing ground.
– Have you identified your Business process modeling key performance indicators?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Check Corporate governance quality and overcome Corporate governance skills and management ineffectiveness.
– For your Business process modeling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business process modeling project manager?
– Do we all define Business process modeling in the same way?
Tertiary sector of the economy Critical Criteria:
Look at Tertiary sector of the economy strategies and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Tertiary sector of the economy is getting what it needs.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business process modeling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Business process modeling? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Which Business process modeling goals are the most important?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Frame Object model strategies and sort Object model activities.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business process modeling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How can the value of Business process modeling be defined?
Software process Critical Criteria:
Deduce Software process projects and probe the present value of growth of Software process.
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Are assumptions made in Business process modeling stated explicitly?
– Is the scope of Business process modeling defined?
Business reference model Critical Criteria:
Guide Business reference model issues and define Business reference model competency-based leadership.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business process modeling?
– How do we manage Business process modeling Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What is our formula for success in Business process modeling ?
Electrical engineering Critical Criteria:
Mine Electrical engineering projects and oversee Electrical engineering requirements.
– what is the best design framework for Business process modeling organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the short and long-term Business process modeling goals?
Organizational chart Critical Criteria:
Debate over Organizational chart quality and explain and analyze the challenges of Organizational chart.
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– Is Business process modeling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business process modeling effort?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Think about Value chain visions and assess what counts with Value chain that we are not counting.
– Who will provide the final approval of Business process modeling deliverables?
– How do we keep improving Business process modeling?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Entity–relationship model visions and display thorough understanding of the Entity–relationship model process.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business process modeling process?
Business plan Critical Criteria:
Unify Business plan strategies and look in other fields.
– Its important to reach your customers. Every business, if wise, will have a promotion and advertising plan. You need to consider the image you want to project to your customers about your business. Will your business stand out because you are a proven a leader in the service or product industry by providing innovative services or products, or you provide customer confidence by providing high quality Customer Service?
– Does Business process modeling appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Have Business Plans with your Critical Preferred Vendors?
– Do you need to develop a Human Resources manual?
– How do you plan to address Customer Service?
– Do we offer Superior Customer Service?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Software engineering outcomes and finalize the present value of growth of Software engineering.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Business process modeling workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– How can we improve Business process modeling?
Subject-oriented business process management Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Subject-oriented business process management risks and oversee Subject-oriented business process management management by competencies.
– When a Business process modeling manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is Business process modeling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How can you measure Business process modeling in a systematic way?
Industrial engineering Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Industrial engineering planning and pay attention to the small things.
– Which customers cant participate in our Business process modeling domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does our organization need more Business process modeling education?
Nadja Damij Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Nadja Damij decisions and find answers.
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Software archaeology planning and track iterative Software archaeology results.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business process modeling process?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Business process modeling study?
– How can skill-level changes improve Business process modeling?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Shape Structured analysis failures and figure out ways to motivate other Structured analysis users.
– How important is Business process modeling to the user organizations mission?
– Do we have past Business process modeling Successes?
Software code Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Software code failures and integrate design thinking in Software code innovation.
– What are all of our Business process modeling domains and what do they do?
– How do we Improve Business process modeling service perception, and satisfaction?
Government agency Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Government agency leadership and improve Government agency service perception.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business process modeling process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business process modeling process available?
– Have all basic functions of Business process modeling been defined?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Business architecture management and transcribe Business architecture as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Business process modeling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Business process modeling ?
– Are we Assessing Business process modeling and Risk?
Process mining Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Process mining governance and find answers.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business process modeling project?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Aspect-oriented software development results and gather Aspect-oriented software development models .
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business process modeling activities?
Business process redesign Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Business process redesign projects and probe the present value of growth of Business process redesign.
– Why should we adopt a Business process modeling framework?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
X-ray Systems development life cycle planning and observe effective Systems development life cycle.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business process modeling. How do we gain traction?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Business process modeling activities?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Aerospace engineering quality and correct Aerospace engineering management by competencies.
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Explore Computer engineering projects and observe effective Computer engineering.
Software development Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Software development tasks and summarize a clear Software development focus.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– Are you considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– How do you know when the software will be finished if theres no up-front plan?
– Who would benefit from the framework(s) and how could it (they) be utilized?
– What other types of systems might be able to benefit from this component?
– To what level of detail will you capture the requirements, if at all?
– How do you develop requirements for agile software development?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– From Waterfall to Agile How does a QA Team Transition?
– How do you best coordinate Agile and non-Agile teams?
– What does software development maturity really mean?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– What threat is Business process modeling addressing?
– How do engineers feel about it?
– What is our Agile methodology?
– How much modeling to do?
Event-driven process chain Critical Criteria:
Categorize Event-driven process chain outcomes and gather Event-driven process chain models .
– Does Business process modeling analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Control flow diagram Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Control flow diagram visions and report on the economics of relationships managing Control flow diagram and constraints.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business process modeling goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business process modeling processes of our organization?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Jump start Executable UML planning and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Executable UML.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business process modeling process?
– What vendors make products that address the Business process modeling needs?
– How would one define Business process modeling leadership?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Business model planning and look for lots of ideas.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Judge Software verification and validation visions and arbitrate Software verification and validation techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Do Business process modeling rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are the business goals Business process modeling is aiming to achieve?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Consult on Software deployment failures and balance specific methods for improving Software deployment results.
– How much does Business process modeling help?
Programming paradigm Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Programming paradigm tactics and triple focus on important concepts of Programming paradigm relationship management.
– How do we measure improved Business process modeling service perception, and satisfaction?
Enterprise systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Reason over Enterprise systems engineering decisions and be persistent.
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Rapid application development engagements and get the big picture.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– Will applications programmers and systems analysts become nothing more than evaluators of packaged software?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project violates particular laws or regulations?
– How are we going to realize the benefits of reusability if we keep shrinking the analysis phase?
– Who is responsible for modifying or developing programs to satisfy user requirements?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project makes financial sense?
– What new hardware, software, databases or procedures will improve an existing system?
– Why wait years to develop systems likely to be obsolete upon completion?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a rad proces?
– Which sdlc results in the highest degree of user participation?
– Is there a need to exchange data with other applications?
– How can you tell when a system is successful ?
– Is the system heavy on computation?
– What are the associated risks?
– Why are sdlcs important?
– What is architected rad?
Model-driven architecture Critical Criteria:
Add value to Model-driven architecture adoptions and get the big picture.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Business process modeling?
– Is a Business process modeling Team Work effort in place?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Guard System integration projects and grade techniques for implementing System integration controls.
– Will Business process modeling have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
Biological systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Biological systems engineering visions and do something to it.
– Do we monitor the Business process modeling decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are the long-term Business process modeling goals?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Function model tasks and optimize Function model leadership as a key to advancement.
– Do those selected for the Business process modeling team have a good general understanding of what Business process modeling is all about?
– Think about the functions involved in your Business process modeling project. what processes flow from these functions?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Explore Requirements engineering goals and work towards be a leading Requirements engineering expert.
– What are current Business process modeling Paradigms?
Flow chart Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Flow chart planning and develop and take control of the Flow chart initiative.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Business process modeling processes?
Generalised Enterprise Reference Architecture and Methodology Critical Criteria:
Analyze Generalised Enterprise Reference Architecture and Methodology failures and ask questions.
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Meet over Peri Tarr risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Peri Tarr decisions.
– Is maximizing Business process modeling protection the same as minimizing Business process modeling loss?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Systems engineering projects and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Systems engineering services.
– When we try to quantify Systems Engineering in terms of capturing productivity (i.e., size/effort) data to incorporate into a parametric model, what size measure captures the amount of intellectual work performed by the systems engineer?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– How will we know when our design effort has produced a solution which will satisfy the objectives within the constraints?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– Who are the stakeholders involved with the system?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– Who will use the systems engineering plan (sep)?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– How well should the system perform?
– What priorities are appropriate?
– Why model-based architectures?
– Multiple development cycles?
– How confident are we?
– Right business case?
– Where are we today?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Information technology projects and remodel and develop an effective Information technology strategy.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Business process modeling delivery for example is new software needed?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Software design outcomes and maintain Software design for success.
– How do we maintain Business process modelings Integrity?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Generalize Spiral model tactics and test out new things.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Business process modeling does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Will Business process modeling deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Reason over Software architecture decisions and gather practices for scaling Software architecture.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Business process modeling strengthening and reform actually originate?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Gauge Niklaus Wirth results and remodel and develop an effective Niklaus Wirth strategy.
– Does Business process modeling analysis show the relationships among important Business process modeling factors?
– What will drive Business process modeling change?
Business efficiency Critical Criteria:
Derive from Business efficiency decisions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Business efficiency.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business process modeling forward?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Functional specification projects and devote time assessing Functional specification and its risk.
– What is the purpose of Business process modeling in relation to the mission?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Investigate Systems analysis management and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Systems analysis decisions.
– It is often difficult to explain what is achieved by Systems Analysis and design especially when talking to a user that wants a system tomorrow! why should it take so long to design a system?
– Can the system actually be made to operate in the organization, or will people resist it?
– What are the important external or multisectoral determinants of system performance?
– What is the purpose of splitting design into two parts: systems and detail?
– What important aspects need to be considered during a feasibility study?
– What other technologies, tools, or equipment are used in this process?
– How is a systems analysis different than other scientific analyses?
– How should the new system be justified and sold to top management?
– How has computing been used to support requirements determination?
– How can case tools be used to support requirements determination?
– Could a particular task be done more quickly or more efficiently?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– What does it mean to develop a quality software system?
– Economic feasibility. is the solution cost-effective?
– What means can a project sponsor use to communicate?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– What are the project development team s roles?
– When are users trained to use the new system?
– What other people take part in this system?
– How will employees react to a new system?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Analyze Software testing quality and create a map for yourself.
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Judge Performance engineering visions and finalize the present value of growth of Performance engineering.
– Do the Business process modeling decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Business process modeling requirements in detail?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Computer science strategies and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Computer science services.
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Enterprise architecture results and get out your magnifying glass.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– What are the barriers to increased Business process modeling production?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– How do we go about Securing Business process modeling?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Control engineering Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Control engineering projects and integrate design thinking in Control engineering innovation.
Reference model Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Reference model governance and define Reference model competency-based leadership.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business process modeling strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is there a reference model the organization can use during the administration process?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Confer re Iterative and incremental development leadership and correct better engagement with Iterative and incremental development results.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Business process modeling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How will you know that the Business process modeling project has been successful?
– What is our Business process modeling Strategy?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Process Modeling BPM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business process modeling External links:
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems External links:
ARIS (Architecture of Integrated Information Systems)
Quality function deployment External links:
what is QFD? (quality function deployment) – IMPACture
QFD Online – Quality Function Deployment
Ruzena Bajcsy External links:
Ruzena Bajcsy – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Ruzena Bajcsy | The Franklin Institute
Mathematical optimization External links:
Mathematical optimization — NYU Scholars
[1403.1166] Mathematical optimization for packing problems
Quality management External links:
ASI DATAMYTE – The Global Leaders in Quality Management
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
Activity diagram External links:
Title ( Activity Diagram (UML)) | Creately
[PDF]Activity Diagram Ppt – bai-du.store
Technical support External links:
Symantec Enterprise Technical Support
Life Fitness Technical Support – Welcome
I-CAR Repairability Technical Support Portal
Business process reengineering External links:
[PDF]Business Process Reengineering
BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING: Essays
Formal methods External links:
Formal Methods – Carnegie Mellon University
NASA Formal Methods Symposium • Home
Formal Methods and Models | Volgenau School of …
Software configuration management External links:
Set up the software configuration management …
Software Configuration Management…
[PDF]Software Configuration Management – University of …
Corporate governance External links:
Program on Corporate Governance – About the Program
The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance …
Morgan Stanley Corporate Governance
Tertiary sector of the economy External links:
1TESCO | Tesco | Tertiary Sector Of The Economy
What is the tertiary sector of the economy? – Quora
Object model External links:
OfficeTalk: Using the Excel Object Model to Send …
Software process External links:
Software Process – Regis University
Business reference model External links:
World-Class EA: Business Reference Model
Business Reference Model Version 2.0 – HSDL
Federal Human Capital Business Reference Model
Electrical engineering External links:
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science | South …
Electrical Engineering Contractors | Connelly Electric
Arkansas Academy of Electrical Engineering
Organizational chart External links:
An organizational chart (often called organization chart, org chart, organigram(me), or organogram) is a diagram that shows the structure of an organization and the relationships and relative ranks of its parts and positions/jobs. The term is also used for similar diagrams, for example ones showing the different elements of a field of knowledge or a group of languages.
Title IX Organizational Chart – Drake University
What is an Organizational Chart | Lucidchart
Value chain External links:
Value Chain – Investopedia
Value Chain: Analysis, Definition & Management
Downloads | Rethinking the Value Chain
Business plan External links:
How to Write a Business Plan (with Sample Business Plans)
Business Plan Basics – Small Business Administration
An Introduction to Business Plans – Entrepreneur
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Codesmith | Software Engineering & Machine Learning
Industrial engineering External links:
EPIC Systems Inc | Top Industrial Engineering Companies
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineering & Management
Structured analysis External links:
What is Structured Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia
Government agency External links:
[PDF]Filing Instructions – Government Agency Claims
Government Agency – Nixle
Business architecture External links:
What is Business Architecture? – The Open Group Blog
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
[PDF]Business Architecture Document – OpenSDLC
Process mining External links:
Process Mining and Process Analysis – Fluxicon
LANA Process Mining | Automated Conformance Analysis
PROCESSGOLD – Professional Process Mining Software
Business process redesign External links:
[PPT]Business Process Redesign – bestitdocuments.com
Systems development life cycle External links:
Systems Development Life Cycle – SSB
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
[PDF]Systems Development Life Cycle: Objectives – …
Aerospace engineering External links:
Aerospace Engineering – Michigan Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Computer engineering External links:
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering | Virginia Tech
Electrical and Computer Engineering (NDSU)
Software development External links:
Online Education and Software Development | Smart Horizons
Event-driven process chain External links:
EPC Diagram (Event-Driven Process Chain Diagram) | …
Event-Driven Process Chain Diagrams Solution | …
Control flow diagram External links:
Control Flow Diagram for COBOL – In-Com Data Systems
Executable UML External links:
University Bookstore at Texas State – Executable UML
Executable UML (xUML)
Business model External links:
Blazar Capital | Unique business model, combining …
Business Model Definition | Investopedia
Business Model Templates for PowerPoint – …
Software deployment External links:
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT …
[PDF]Automating Software Deployment – NYU Computer …
Programming paradigm External links:
A Secure Programming Paradigm for Network Virtualization
Enterprise systems engineering External links:
Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering < … catalog.illinois.edu/graduate/graduate-majors/iese
Enterprise Systems Engineering | VA Mobile
Rapid application development External links:
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
RAD (rapid application development) – Gartner IT Glossary
Model-driven architecture External links:
Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) – Gartner IT Glossary
System integration External links:
TSS Technologies – Contract Manufacturing | System Integration
System Integration | Industrial Automation
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration …
Biological systems engineering External links:
Biological systems engineering (Book, 2002) …
Biological Systems Engineering | Washington State …
Department of Biological Systems Engineering | …
Function model External links:
The Delta Function Model of a Crystal
Requirements engineering External links:
[PDF]Requirements Engineering Process – Computer …
Requirements Engineering – Springer
Flow chart External links:
Sample Flowcharts and Templates – Sample Flow Charts
[PDF]Closing Process – Flow Chart.pub – Freedom Title of …
Complaint Filing Flow Chart – TCU Title IX
Systems engineering External links:
Department of Biological Systems Engineering | …
Innoslate | PLM and Systems Engineering Tools
Industrial & Systems Engineering | College of Engineering
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Software design External links:
Software Design and Development Company | Distillery
Software Design and Development | Green River
The Nerdery | Custom Software Design and Development
Spiral model External links:
Software architecture External links:
The C4 model for software architecture
Rofoz B.V. | Software Architecture Consultancy & …
Archangel Design – Software Architecture Consulting
Business efficiency External links:
Business Efficiency For Dummies Cheat Sheet – dummies
Business efficiency for dummies (Book, 2013) …
CABUZ Business Efficiency Tools
Functional specification External links:
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the …
Systems analysis External links:
Office of Energy Policy and Systems Analysis | …
Dynamic Systems Analysis | Simulation Capabilities – …
Systems Analysis and Integration | Transportation …
Software testing External links:
Software Testing and Deployment | Olenick
Applause | Software Testing, User Feedback & Market …
Quality Assurance & Software Testing- Reston VA
Performance engineering External links:
Pacific Performance Engineering
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
Revshift Performance Engineering
Computer science External links:
Purdue University – Department of Computer Science
MyComputerCareer | Computer Science | IT Jobs | …
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science | South …
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Center for Enterprise Architecture
Control engineering External links:
Flood Control Engineering – San Bernardino County, California
Home – Institute of Noise Control Engineering
Reference model External links:
OpenTRIM Community | The reference model TRIM
Trial Master File Reference Model
[PDF]Title: REFERENCE MODEL FORMERIS LEVEL 2 …
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)