What is involved in data modelling
Find out what the related areas are that data modelling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a data modelling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its data modelling journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward data modelling leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which data modelling related domains to cover and 270 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
data modelling, Three schema approach, Activity diagram, Systems development life cycle, Extended Backus–Naur form, Software maintenance, Software design, Metadata modeling, Object model, Relational database, Unified Process, ISO/IEC 15504, Function model, Functional specification, Relational Model, Agile software development, Software testing, Waterfall model, Database design, Bertrand Meyer, Software architecture, Extreme programming, Information system, Core architecture data model, Semantic data model, Logical schema, Data structure diagram, Aspect-oriented software development, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Systems engineering, Requirements analysis, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Risk management, Conceptual schema, Ivar Jacobson, Programming paradigm, Executable UML, Iterative and incremental development, Barker’s notation, Software engineering, Enhanced entity–relationship model, Generic data model, Peri Tarr, Comparison of data modeling tools, Project management, Object-Role Modeling, Incremental build model, Object database, Software quality, Edsger W. Dijkstra, Process modeling, Software quality assurance, Document modelling, Computer science, Informative modelling, Enterprise architecture, Conceptual modeling, Software prototyping, Database management system, Danese Cooper, Data model, Copyright status of work by the U.S. government, Business process modeling, Computer programming, Software development process, View model, Artificial intelligence, Database model, Computer engineering:
data modelling Critical Criteria:
Substantiate data modelling quality and probe using an integrated framework to make sure data modelling is getting what it needs.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these data modelling processes?
– Do the data modelling decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What will drive data modelling change?
Three schema approach Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Three schema approach failures and separate what are the business goals Three schema approach is aiming to achieve.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a data modelling process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the data modelling process available?
– How do we Identify specific data modelling investment and emerging trends?
– Is a data modelling Team Work effort in place?
Activity diagram Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Activity diagram goals and define Activity diagram competency-based leadership.
– what is the best design framework for data modelling organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is the total cost related to deploying data modelling, including any consulting or professional services?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Systems development life cycle governance and describe the risks of Systems development life cycle sustainability.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with data modelling ?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your data modelling activities?
– What are the Key enablers to make this data modelling move?
Extended Backus–Naur form Critical Criteria:
Chat re Extended Backus–Naur form quality and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Extended Backus–Naur form projects.
– Will data modelling have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of data modelling activities?
– Can we do data modelling without complex (expensive) analysis?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Examine Software maintenance outcomes and shift your focus.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of data modelling?
– Do we have past data modelling Successes?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Boost Software design tactics and gather practices for scaling Software design.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your data modelling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are the long-term data modelling goals?
– What is Effective data modelling?
Metadata modeling Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Metadata modeling tactics and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How can the value of data modelling be defined?
– Are there recognized data modelling problems?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Talk about Object model planning and integrate design thinking in Object model innovation.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of data modelling product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is maximizing data modelling protection the same as minimizing data modelling loss?
– How do we go about Securing data modelling?
Relational database Critical Criteria:
Add value to Relational database planning and define what do we need to start doing with Relational database.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding data modelling?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate data modelling delivery for example is new software needed?
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Meet over Unified Process leadership and get the big picture.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to data modelling? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do your measurements capture actionable data modelling information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting data modelling with what users do day-to-day?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Accelerate ISO/IEC 15504 projects and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling ISO/IEC 15504 projects.
– Can we add value to the current data modelling decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the data modelling process?
– In a project to restructure data modelling outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Detail Function model results and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Function model services.
– What management system can we use to leverage the data modelling experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What is the source of the strategies for data modelling strengthening and reform?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Functional specification projects and report on developing an effective Functional specification strategy.
– Does data modelling include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the short and long-term data modelling goals?
– Have all basic functions of data modelling been defined?
Relational Model Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Relational Model tactics and probe Relational Model strategic alliances.
– Does data modelling create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as data modelling leaders?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Agile software development tactics and reduce Agile software development costs.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Do we know the difference between lean and agile software development?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How could a more enhanced framework be developed?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– How do Agile projects prioritize work?
– How do engineers feel about it?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Jump start Software testing engagements and arbitrate Software testing techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Think about the functions involved in your data modelling project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether data modelling goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Survey Waterfall model planning and mentor Waterfall model customer orientation.
– Does data modelling analysis show the relationships among important data modelling factors?
– Who will provide the final approval of data modelling deliverables?
– Why should we adopt a data modelling framework?
Database design Critical Criteria:
Mix Database design goals and devise Database design key steps.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– What are the usability implications of data modelling actions?
– Do we all define data modelling in the same way?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Gauge Bertrand Meyer visions and stake your claim.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your data modelling processes?
– Is data modelling Required?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Scan Software architecture visions and look for lots of ideas.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your data modelling project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Extreme programming issues and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Extreme programming.
– Is the data modelling organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– Why is data modelling important for you now?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
– What is our data modelling Strategy?
Information system Critical Criteria:
Trace Information system quality and acquire concise Information system education.
– Have we developed a continuous monitoring strategy for the information systems (including monitoring of security control effectiveness for system-specific, hybrid, and common controls) that reflects the organizational Risk Management strategy and organizational commitment to protecting critical missions and business functions?
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Would an information systems (is) group with more knowledge about a data production process produce better quality data for data consumers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– When a data modelling manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How secure -well protected against potential risks is the information system ?
– Is unauthorized access to information held in information systems prevented?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– Is security an integral part of information systems?
– How would one define data modelling leadership?
Core architecture data model Critical Criteria:
Jump start Core architecture data model tactics and forecast involvement of future Core architecture data model projects in development.
– What are the business goals data modelling is aiming to achieve?
– Which data modelling goals are the most important?
Semantic data model Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Semantic data model visions and remodel and develop an effective Semantic data model strategy.
– How likely is the current data modelling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its data modelling processes?
Logical schema Critical Criteria:
Read up on Logical schema decisions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Logical schema.
Data structure diagram Critical Criteria:
Audit Data structure diagram leadership and gather Data structure diagram models .
– Is data modelling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Jump start Aspect-oriented software development strategies and grade techniques for implementing Aspect-oriented software development controls.
– Is there any existing data modelling governance structure?
– What are specific data modelling Rules to follow?
National Institute of Standards and Technology Critical Criteria:
Accommodate National Institute of Standards and Technology strategies and change contexts.
– How do we go about Comparing data modelling approaches/solutions?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Survey Systems engineering tasks and check on ways to get started with Systems engineering.
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– Consider your own data modelling project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How will we know when our design effort has produced a solution which will satisfy the objectives within the constraints?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Does the deployment schedule call for installations at a typically rainy time of year?
– What is the detailed set of functions and properties of a given interface?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– Is the funding for the project secure, or is only part of it in place?
– Do the requirements satisfy the intent and all key items of the need?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– How will the system be developed, operated, and maintained?
– Who are the stakeholders involved with the system?
– What are the flows between parts of the system?
– What policies are currently being implemented?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– Is the schedule too aggressive?
– How does it all fit together?
– Right implementation?
Requirements analysis Critical Criteria:
Look at Requirements analysis tactics and find the essential reading for Requirements analysis researchers.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if data modelling does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What potential environmental factors impact the data modelling effort?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Look at Capability Maturity Model Integration quality and look for lots of ideas.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that data modelling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What business benefits will data modelling goals deliver if achieved?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Learn from Risk management tasks and achieve a single Risk management view and bringing data together.
– How do we engage divisions, operating units, operations, internal audit, risk management, compliance, finance, technology, and human resources in adopting the updated framework?
– Does your company have a common risk and control framework or foundation that is used today across the company?
– Are we specifically expressing Cybersecurity requirements to our partners, suppliers, and other third parties?
– Is the organization updating critical Risk Management documents based on ongoing monitoring activities?
– Risk Documentation: What reporting formats and processes will be used for risk management activities?
– Do our cloud providers implement governance risk management and compliance GRC well?
– Does your company have a formal IT risk framework and assessment process in place?
– How important is the system to the user organizations mission?
– Technology risk -is the project technically feasible?
– Are risk incidents frequent within similar organizations?
– Why maintain a Risk Management program?
– What is our Risk Management committee?
– Are executives sufficiently informed of risk?
– How do I know my identity is at risk?
– What could go wrong?
– Why Cybersecurity?
– What is a risk?
Conceptual schema Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Conceptual schema engagements and learn.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent data modelling services/products?
– Are accountability and ownership for data modelling clearly defined?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Ivar Jacobson tasks and question.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a data modelling project?
Programming paradigm Critical Criteria:
See the value of Programming paradigm failures and assess what counts with Programming paradigm that we are not counting.
– How do we maintain data modellings Integrity?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Mix Executable UML strategies and sort Executable UML activities.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations data modelling values?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Nurse Iterative and incremental development tactics and test out new things.
Barker’s notation Critical Criteria:
Graph Barker’s notation failures and perfect Barker’s notation conflict management.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving data modelling forward?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
See the value of Software engineering governance and find answers.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to data modelling?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Enhanced entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Check Enhanced entity–relationship model results and oversee Enhanced entity–relationship model management by competencies.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing data modelling?
– Who sets the data modelling standards?
Generic data model Critical Criteria:
Discourse Generic data model leadership and document what potential Generic data model megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What is our formula for success in data modelling ?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Peri Tarr issues and sort Peri Tarr activities.
– What are internal and external data modelling relations?
Comparison of data modeling tools Critical Criteria:
Recall Comparison of data modeling tools strategies and do something to it.
– Among the data modelling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Coach on Project management results and improve Project management service perception.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Originally, agile project management required collocated teams. How could a new product or service be developed in the 21st century without them?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– So, how does the agile project management model work?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– How does cost of change affect software?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– Needs project management?
– What is agile anyways?
Object-Role Modeling Critical Criteria:
Explore Object-Role Modeling issues and forecast involvement of future Object-Role Modeling projects in development.
– How important is data modelling to the user organizations mission?
– Does the data modelling task fit the clients priorities?
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Incremental build model strategies and report on the economics of relationships managing Incremental build model and constraints.
Object database Critical Criteria:
Define Object database goals and gather practices for scaling Object database.
– What are our best practices for minimizing data modelling project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the data modelling project lifecycle?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Review Software quality tactics and look in other fields.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
– Does our organization need more data modelling education?
Edsger W. Dijkstra Critical Criteria:
Check Edsger W. Dijkstra issues and gather practices for scaling Edsger W. Dijkstra.
– Do those selected for the data modelling team have a good general understanding of what data modelling is all about?
– Does data modelling appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Nurse Process modeling adoptions and finalize the present value of growth of Process modeling.
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Devise Software quality assurance tasks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Software quality assurance projects.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing data modelling? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How can we improve data modelling?
Document modelling Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Document modelling tasks and remodel and develop an effective Document modelling strategy.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a data modelling study?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Computer science outcomes and observe effective Computer science.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for data modelling strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we ensure that implementations of data modelling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Informative modelling Critical Criteria:
Derive from Informative modelling results and question.
– What vendors make products that address the data modelling needs?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Depict Enterprise architecture engagements and develop and take control of the Enterprise architecture initiative.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new data modelling in a volatile global economy?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Conceptual modeling Critical Criteria:
Grasp Conceptual modeling visions and correct better engagement with Conceptual modeling results.
– What are the barriers to increased data modelling production?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Software prototyping failures and sort Software prototyping activities.
– How do we measure improved data modelling service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are our data modelling Processes?
Database management system Critical Criteria:
Steer Database management system strategies and look at it backwards.
– What database management systems have been implemented?
– Are there data modelling Models?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Derive from Danese Cooper decisions and document what potential Danese Cooper megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How do mission and objectives affect the data modelling processes of our organization?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Data model visions and adjust implementation of Data model.
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– How do we manage data modelling Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
Copyright status of work by the U.S. government Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Copyright status of work by the U.S. government quality and oversee implementation of Copyright status of work by the U.S. government.
– What are all of our data modelling domains and what do they do?
– How will you measure your data modelling effectiveness?
– What about data modelling Analysis of results?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Business process modeling tasks and balance specific methods for improving Business process modeling results.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this data modelling process?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of data modelling moving forward?
– How is the value delivered by data modelling being measured?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Chart Computer programming failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Computer programming.
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Map Software development process goals and find answers.
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
View model Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate View model visions and plan concise View model education.
– For your data modelling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Why are data modelling skills important?
Artificial intelligence Critical Criteria:
Nurse Artificial intelligence risks and correct better engagement with Artificial intelligence results.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good data modelling project manager?
Database model Critical Criteria:
Mine Database model visions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Database model skills.
– Think of your data modelling project. what are the main functions?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Value Computer engineering planning and innovate what needs to be done with Computer engineering.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the data modelling requirements in detail?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the data modelling Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
data modelling External links:
wetransform – Data modelling and transformation
Three schema approach External links:
Three schema approach – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Three schema approach&item_type=topic
Activity diagram External links:
[PDF]Activity Diagram Uml Ppt – teapot.store
Title ( Activity Diagram (UML)) | Creately
Systems development life cycle External links:
Systems Development Life Cycle – SSB
[PDF]Systems Development Life Cycle: Objectives – …
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
Software design External links:
Web and Mobile Software Design, Development, and Support
Software Design and Development | Green River
Custom Software Design & Development | FrogSlayer
Metadata modeling External links:
“A metadata modeling approach to database …
Object model External links:
COM: Component Object Model Technologies
Workday Business Object Model (Subscription) | …
Relational database External links:
Relational Databases – ScienceDirect
RDB: a Relational Database Management System
Introduction to Relational Databases — DatabaseJournal.com
Unified Process External links:
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia …
CDC UP | Home Page of the CDC Unified Process
Standards, compliance, and Rational Unified Process – IBM
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
ISO/IEC 15504 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
ISO/IEC 15504-33000 is the international standard that defines the framework and requirements for process assessment and process improvement. Process maturity is measured by analyzing the way the process is performed and managed.
[PDF]Nederlandse NEN-ISO/IEC 15504-3
Function model External links:
The Delta Function Model of a Crystal
Functional specification External links:
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
A Functional Specification for a Programming Language …
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the …
Relational Model External links:
Database: The Relational Model Flashcards | Quizlet
Database Lesson #2 of 8 – The Relational Model – YouTube
Introducing the Relational Model of Organizational Change
Agile software development External links:
Agile Scout – Agile Software Development News
Agile Software Development | App Development | Softxpert
Freeport Metrics | Agile Software Development and Design
Software testing External links:
Quality Assurance & Software Testing- Reston VA
PractiTest: Software Testing & QA Test Management Tools
Software Testing & QA Services Company – Testlio
Waterfall model External links:
SDLC – Waterfall Model – tutorialspoint.com
The waterfall model is a sequential design process, used in software development processes, in which progress is seen as flowing steadily downwards (like a waterfall) through the phases of conception, initiation, analysis, design, construction, testing, production/implementation and maintenance.
What are the different uses of a waterfall model? – Quora
Database design External links:
Custom Internet Database Design-Build Engineering …
[PDF]Title: Database Design – UDC CSIT
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Bertrand Meyer Profiles | Facebook
Software architecture External links:
Rofoz B.V. | Software Architecture Consultancy & …
The C4 model for software architecture
Chapter 1: What is Software Architecture?
Extreme programming External links:
Mega Man Next Remix Demo [Part 1] – Extreme Programming
Extreme Programming Values
Extreme Programming Tutorial – tutorialspoint.com
Information system External links:
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System: …
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS)
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
Core architecture data model External links:
Core Architecture Data Model (CADM 2.0) – SBSI
Core Architecture Data Model – Free downloads and …
Semantic data model External links:
Semantic Data Model | Database Management | FANDOM …
What is the Semantic Data Model? – Definition from …
Logical schema External links:
What is the difference between logical schema and …
A Logical Schema – Trailer – YouTube
Data structure diagram External links:
Systems engineering External links:
Systems Engineering | IT Services Company | …
Innoslate | PLM and Systems Engineering Tools
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Requirements analysis External links:
Introduction to Requirements Analysis | About …
[PDF]Data Requirements Analysis Process – knowledge …
[PDF]2 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ANALYSIS – New York …
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Risk management External links:
“Billions” Risk Management (TV Episode 2017) – IMDb
Risk Management Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
Conceptual schema External links:
[MC-CSDL]: Conceptual Schema Definition File Format
Evaluating Social Interventions: A Conceptual Schema – …
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson International
Executable UML External links:
Executable UML (xUML)
University Bookstore at Texas State – Executable UML
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Barker’s notation External links:
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Codesmith | Software Engineering & Machine Learning
Generic data model External links:
Data Modeling – Generic Data Model [Gerardnico]
Method and system for a generic data model – Google Patents
Comparison of data modeling tools External links:
Comparison of data modeling tools – Revolvy
topics.revolvy.com/topic/Comparison of data modeling tools
Comparison of data modeling tools – WOW.com
Comparison of data modeling tools Tutorial at it1me.com
Project management External links:
InEight | Construction Project Management Software
Incremental build model External links:
Object database External links:
Object Database Management Group – GuideStar Profile
Software quality External links:
[PDF]Title: Software Quality Assurance Engineer Reports …
[PPT]Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
What does a Software Quality Assurance Engineer do?
Edsger W. Dijkstra External links:
What is Edsger W. Dijkstra famous for? – Quora
Process modeling External links:
Process Modeling – camelmilk.store
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Software quality assurance External links:
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
Document modelling External links:
Document Modelling – TechSpeed
Computer science External links:
UIC Computer Science
Purdue University – Department of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science | The University of Chicago
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture Professional Journal
Conceptual modeling External links:
Conceptual modeling : proceedings (Book, 2000) …
CiteSeerX — Conceptual Modeling of WorkFlows
[PDF]Conceptual Modeling – futbolka.store
Software prototyping External links:
GUI Design and Software Prototyping Tools – Caretta …
Software Prototyping & Requirements Management …
Database management system External links:
Database Management System | Lucidea
Petroleum Database Management System (PDMS)
10-7 Operating System, Database Management System, …
Data model External links:
What is data modeling? Webopedia Definition
IPLD – The data model of the content-addressable web
COT – Data Model
Business process modeling External links:
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …
Computer programming External links:
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
Computer Programming – Augusta Technical College
Software development process External links:
Software Development Process Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Evolution of Software Development Process Models
View model External links:
[PDF]FAUCET PARTS – EXPLODED VIEW Model # K-00HA: …
A view model represents the data that you want to display on your view/page, whether it be used for static text or for input values (like textboxes and dropdown lists) that can be added to the database (or edited). It is something different than your domain model. It is a model for the view.
Palm Harbor Homes floor plans for a 613 Sq Ft House in Waco, Texas. View Model TL1446A plans for your manufactured, modular or mobile home.
View / View Model Naming Conventions · Caliburn.Micro
Artificial intelligence External links:
Home | Neura Artificial Intelligence | AI As A Service
Security analytics and artificial intelligence as a service
Artificial Intelligence for Sales & Marketing | Fiind Inc.
Database model External links:
Database Model – TimeSnapper
Computer engineering External links:
Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering – Purdue University
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering