What is involved in Business Process Services
Find out what the related areas are that Business Process Services connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business Process Services thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Process Services journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Process Services leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business Process Services related domains to cover and 294 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business Process Services, Corporate liability, Human resource management, Sales management, Business method patent, ERP system, Brand management, Financial accounting, Records management, Insider dealing, Knowledge economy, Business Process Definition Metamodel, Capacity management, Systems management, Content management, Distributed management, Six Sigma, Business statistics, Public economics, Organization development, Organizational structure, Crisis management, Advisory board, Resource management, Supervisory board, Office management, Change management, Business development, Business process, Audit committee, Knowledge management, International finance, Management process, Incident management, Organizational behavior, International business, Business reporting, Organizational communication, Economic statistics, Corporate governance, Industrial processes, Cloud technology, International economics, Organizational patterns, Purchase order, Market economy, Supply chain management, Integrated management, Division of labor, Customer relationship management, Business process automation, Corporate crime, Network management, Principles of Scientific Management, Total quality management, Mixed economy, Open economy, Board of directors, Commercial bank, Planned economy, Quality management, Gantt charts, Business strategy, Business operations, Capital budgeting:
Business Process Services Critical Criteria:
Infer Business Process Services results and reduce Business Process Services costs.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business Process Services?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Business Process Services?
– Do we have past Business Process Services Successes?
Corporate liability Critical Criteria:
Learn from Corporate liability projects and balance specific methods for improving Corporate liability results.
– Will Business Process Services have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Business Process Services opportunities costing us money?
– Have you identified your Business Process Services key performance indicators?
Human resource management Critical Criteria:
Pilot Human resource management projects and plan concise Human resource management education.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Business Process Services experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business Process Services project?
Sales management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Sales management adoptions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Sales management skills.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Business Process Services?
– What is the purpose of Business Process Services in relation to the mission?
– Why are Business Process Services skills important?
Business method patent Critical Criteria:
Judge Business method patent engagements and finalize the present value of growth of Business method patent.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business Process Services process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business Process Services process available?
– Think about the people you identified for your Business Process Services project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Business Process Services strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
ERP system Critical Criteria:
Huddle over ERP system goals and interpret which customers can’t participate in ERP system because they lack skills.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business Process Services objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Business Process Services ?
– What erp systems are ecommerce companies using?
– Are there Business Process Services Models?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Brand management failures and shift your focus.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Business Process Services?
– How do we go about Securing Business Process Services?
– How much does Business Process Services help?
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
Participate in Financial accounting planning and raise human resource and employment practices for Financial accounting.
– Do Business Process Services rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What is our Business Process Services Strategy?
Records management Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Records management planning and display thorough understanding of the Records management process.
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
– Does Business Process Services systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Can we do Business Process Services without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Do we all define Business Process Services in the same way?
Insider dealing Critical Criteria:
Scan Insider dealing issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business Process Services project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business Process Services process?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Business Process Services does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Knowledge economy Critical Criteria:
Rank Knowledge economy quality and remodel and develop an effective Knowledge economy strategy.
– How likely is the current Business Process Services plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Why should we adopt a Business Process Services framework?
– What are our Business Process Services Processes?
Business Process Definition Metamodel Critical Criteria:
Chat re Business Process Definition Metamodel management and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Business Process Definition Metamodel projects.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business Process Services that make it risky?
– Is Business Process Services dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Capacity management outcomes and get out your magnifying glass.
– In a project to restructure Business Process Services outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Business Process Services study?
– What are specific Business Process Services Rules to follow?
Systems management Critical Criteria:
Add value to Systems management leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and Systems management strategies.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business Process Services project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business Process Services project lifecycle?
– How can you measure Business Process Services in a systematic way?
Content management Critical Criteria:
Probe Content management management and oversee implementation of Content management.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Business Process Services product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does the organization regularly review and revise its data content management policies to assure that only those data necessary for meeting the needs described above are collected and/or maintained?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business Process Services goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does the tool we use support the ability to configure user content management alerts?
– What vendors make products that address the Business Process Services needs?
– What is a learning management system?
– How do we define online learning?
Distributed management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Distributed management engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Business Process Services is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business Process Services products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is Business Process Services Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Grade Six Sigma engagements and prioritize challenges of Six Sigma.
– In the case of a Business Process Services project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Business Process Services project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Business Process Services project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Business Process Services models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– What is the source of the strategies for Business Process Services strengthening and reform?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
Business statistics Critical Criteria:
Chart Business statistics failures and arbitrate Business statistics techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business Process Services process?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Business Process Services processes?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Business Process Services requirements in detail?
Public economics Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Public economics planning and get answers.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Business Process Services values?
Organization development Critical Criteria:
Check Organization development risks and budget for Organization development challenges.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Business Process Services project?
Organizational structure Critical Criteria:
Review Organizational structure management and probe Organizational structure strategic alliances.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– Do you have a clearly defined organizational structure at organization level in order to sustain the risk management process?
– Think about the functions involved in your Business Process Services project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– What are the long-term Business Process Services goals?
– Organizational structure for international business?
– What Organizational Structure is Required?
Crisis management Critical Criteria:
Own Crisis management projects and learn.
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– How do we manage Business Process Services Knowledge Management (KM)?
Advisory board Critical Criteria:
Mine Advisory board tactics and adopt an insight outlook.
– what is the best design framework for Business Process Services organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– When a Business Process Services manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What threat is Business Process Services addressing?
Resource management Critical Criteria:
Devise Resource management decisions and look in other fields.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– Does Business Process Services create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business Process Services process?
– Can we reuse our existing resource management and configuration tools?
– Why study Human Resources management (hrm)?
Supervisory board Critical Criteria:
Generalize Supervisory board outcomes and get answers.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Business Process Services information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What about Business Process Services Analysis of results?
Office management Critical Criteria:
Detail Office management engagements and catalog what business benefits will Office management goals deliver if achieved.
– How do we measure improved Business Process Services service perception, and satisfaction?
– How can skill-level changes improve Business Process Services?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Change management engagements and spearhead techniques for implementing Change management.
– Workforce Change Management How do you prepare your workforce for changing capability and capacity needs? How do you manage your workforce, its needs, and your needs to ensure continuity, prevent workforce reductions, and minimize the impact of workforce reductions, if they do become necessary? How do you prepare for and manage periods of workforce growth?
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– How should projects be phased to allow adequate time for Change Management and organizational acceptance of the selected technologies?
– Do you have resources, processes, and methodologies in place to provide training and organizational change management services?
– Have all the major Change Management issues associated with the preferred alternative been identified and discussed?
– What are some concrete ways to help executives understand the value of change management?
– How do we Improve Business Process Services service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are accountability and ownership for Business Process Services clearly defined?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– Why do we need Change Management?
– When to start Change Management?
– What is Change Management?
Business development Critical Criteria:
Jump start Business development decisions and maintain Business development for success.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Business Process Services Management?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Business process risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Business process.
– Do we identify maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions, acceptable levels of data loss and backlogged transactions, RTOs, RPOs, recovery of the critical path (i.e., business processes or systems that should receive the highest priority), and the costs associated with downtime? Are the approved thresholds appropriate?
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– To what extent will this product open up for subsequent add-on products, e.g. business process outsourcing services built on top of a program-as-a-service offering?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– What are the disruptive Business Process Services technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How do we improve business processes and how do we deliver on that?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– Who sets the Business Process Services standards?
– What/how are business processes defined?
Audit committee Critical Criteria:
Group Audit committee results and know what your objective is.
– Is there anyone on the board or audit committee with an it background?
– How do we maintain Business Process Servicess Integrity?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Knowledge management tactics and get out your magnifying glass.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– In what ways are Business Process Services vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– Is Supporting Business Process Services documentation required?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
International finance Critical Criteria:
Adapt International finance visions and finalize specific methods for International finance acceptance.
– Does our organization need more Business Process Services education?
Management process Critical Criteria:
Consult on Management process results and define what our big hairy audacious Management process goal is.
– Is an asset management process(es) in place to inventory and manage this new asset (investment) from a property management perspective, to provide Configuration Management support, and to monitor system performance?
– The slower data transfer rate between a compute cluster and a storage array has been adversely impacting multiple cloud services. which Service Management process helps to mitigate this impact?
– Which cloud Service Management process monitors and reports on allocation and utilization of resources by consumers in order to generate a chargeback report?
– What competencies are important to the organizations risk management process, and what type of training does the organization provide?
– Does the provider extend their vulnerability and configuration management process to the virtualization platform?
– Do you have a process for looking at consequences of cyber incidents that informs your risk management process?
– Allow import and data management processes to be immediately executed or scheduled to run on regular intervals?
– Which cloud Service Management process maintains information in the Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– Does our organization have a Cybersecurity Risk Management process that is functioning and repeatable?
– Are the risk register and Risk Management processes actually effective in managing project risk?
– Do we leverage resources like the ESC2M2 or DOE Risk Management Process for Cybersecurity?
– How do engineering changes interface with the configuration management process?
– Does the service providers Change Management process match the customers needs?
– Do governance and risk management processes address Cybersecurity risks?
– How cost-effective are your distribution and order management processes?
– Who are the leaders in a Change Management process?
– What is the Change Management process?
Incident management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Incident management quality and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Incident management decisions.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Business Process Services strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business Process Services processes of our organization?
– Which processes other than incident management are involved in achieving a structural solution ?
– In which cases can CMDB be usefull in incident management?
– What is a primary goal of incident management?
Organizational behavior Critical Criteria:
Confer over Organizational behavior tasks and arbitrate Organizational behavior techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Which Business Process Services goals are the most important?
– Should organizational behavior management expand its content?
– How Do We Know What We Know about Organizational Behavior?
International business Critical Criteria:
Probe International business planning and attract International business skills.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Business Process Services in a volatile global economy?
Business reporting Critical Criteria:
Study Business reporting goals and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Business reporting.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Business Process Services with what users do day-to-day?
– Who needs to know about Business Process Services ?
– How do we keep improving Business Process Services?
Organizational communication Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Organizational communication failures and find out what it really means.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Business Process Services leader?
Economic statistics Critical Criteria:
Sort Economic statistics goals and balance specific methods for improving Economic statistics results.
– Is there a Business Process Services Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How would one define Business Process Services leadership?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Corporate governance governance and gather Corporate governance models .
– What are all of our Business Process Services domains and what do they do?
– How do we go about Comparing Business Process Services approaches/solutions?
– What are the business goals Business Process Services is aiming to achieve?
Industrial processes Critical Criteria:
Trace Industrial processes strategies and point out improvements in Industrial processes.
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– What domains of knowledge and types of Cybersecurity-associated skills and abilities are necessary for engineers involved in operating industrial processes to achieve safe and reliable operating goals?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business Process Services services/products?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Business Process Services? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How do we know that any Business Process Services analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Cloud technology Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Cloud technology adoptions and sort Cloud technology activities.
– How to extend current cluster services using cloud technology?
– What are the practical limitations to cloud technology?
International economics Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about International economics governance and secure International economics creativity.
– Is maximizing Business Process Services protection the same as minimizing Business Process Services loss?
– How important is Business Process Services to the user organizations mission?
Organizational patterns Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Organizational patterns results and perfect Organizational patterns conflict management.
Purchase order Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Purchase order management and pay attention to the small things.
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
Market economy Critical Criteria:
Align Market economy engagements and find out what it really means.
– How is the value delivered by Business Process Services being measured?
Supply chain management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Supply chain management issues and describe the risks of Supply chain management sustainability.
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business Process Services forward?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business Process Services activities?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What is TESCM tax efficient supply chain management?
– Are there recognized Business Process Services problems?
Integrated management Critical Criteria:
Devise Integrated management visions and assess and formulate effective operational and Integrated management strategies.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Business Process Services agendas for the next 3 years?
Division of labor Critical Criteria:
Add value to Division of labor goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Division of labor projects.
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Customer relationship management planning and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Customer relationship management results.
– What role can internal branding and employee engagement play in creating a positive brand experience?
– You may want to forge more relationships with affluent customers, but do they want them with you?
– Do you have a mechanism in place to quickly respond to visitor/customer inquiries and orders?
– In the case of system downtime that exceeds an agreed-upon SLA, what remedies do you provide?
– Is there an iphone app for mobile scrm or customer relationship management?
– What are your design, creative and community management capabilities?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
– What is the network quality, including speed and dropped packets?
– Does the current CRM support communication of Tier 3 requests?
– How can the many barriers to CRM implementation be overcome?
– What is your process for gathering business requirements?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– What is your live agent queue abandon rate?
– How long should e-mail messages be stored?
– Is the offline database size acceptable?
– How do customers communicate with you?
– What is the recovery point objective?
– Who Are Our Customers?
Business process automation Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Business process automation risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Business process automation decisions.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business Process Services is underway?
Corporate crime Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Corporate crime leadership and forecast involvement of future Corporate crime projects in development.
– How do we Identify specific Business Process Services investment and emerging trends?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Grasp Network management governance and correct better engagement with Network management results.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Business Process Services into the services that we provide?
Principles of Scientific Management Critical Criteria:
Check Principles of Scientific Management decisions and devise Principles of Scientific Management key steps.
– Consider your own Business Process Services project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business Process Services. How do we gain traction?
– Are we Assessing Business Process Services and Risk?
Total quality management Critical Criteria:
Use past Total quality management decisions and do something to it.
– How do we Lead with Business Process Services in Mind?
Mixed economy Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Mixed economy tasks and probe Mixed economy strategic alliances.
– How will you know that the Business Process Services project has been successful?
– Does Business Process Services appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Open economy Critical Criteria:
Check Open economy quality and create Open economy explanations for all managers.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Business Process Services delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are current Business Process Services Paradigms?
Board of directors Critical Criteria:
Sort Board of directors decisions and sort Board of directors activities.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business Process Services been identified and analyzed?
– What key measures should we include in our annual report to our Board of Directors?
Commercial bank Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Commercial bank planning and adjust implementation of Commercial bank.
– How can you negotiate Business Process Services successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are our needs in relation to Business Process Services skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Planned economy Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Planned economy quality and find the ideas you already have.
– Is the scope of Business Process Services defined?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Deduce Quality management planning and finalize specific methods for Quality management acceptance.
– What are the short and long-term Business Process Services goals?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Gantt charts Critical Criteria:
Canvass Gantt charts tasks and revise understanding of Gantt charts architectures.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Business Process Services objectives?
– How will you measure your Business Process Services effectiveness?
Business strategy Critical Criteria:
Think about Business strategy tactics and plan concise Business strategy education.
– As a CSP undertakes to build out or take a fresh look at its service offerings, the CSP should clearly define its business strategy and related risk management philosophy. What market segments or industries does the CSP intend to serve?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Business Process Services? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we provide the context for investment considerations (which services does an investment affect, and how does that fit with the business strategy and priorities?
– Which services does the ITSM investment affect, and how does that fit with the business strategy and priorities?
– What is the link between a firms business strategy and its capital budgeting process?
– What is your it asset management program. is it manual or automated (which vendor)?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
– What should be done in-house and what should be outsourced?
– Are outcomes in line with business strategy?
– What is the overall business strategy?
Business operations Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Business operations decisions and stake your claim.
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– How to move the data in legacy systems to the cloud environment without interrupting business operations?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business Process Services project manager?
– Have all basic functions of Business Process Services been defined?
Capital budgeting Critical Criteria:
Rank Capital budgeting failures and probe the present value of growth of Capital budgeting.
– If depreciation is an expense, why is it added back to an investments net income to compute the net cash flow from that investment?
– If the firm invests by choosing projects with the shortest payback period, which project would it invest in?
– Under what circumstances will the NPV, IRR, and PI techniques provide different capital budgeting decisions?
– Why might a firm prefer accelerated depreciation, such as MACRS tables, to straight-line depreciation?
– Does the contribution of corporate cash holdings and dividends to firm value depend on governance?
– What are the tax benefits of depreciation and how do they play into cash flow calculations?
– Why should the capital budgeting process use cash flows instead of accounting profits?
– Is the standard deviation of the stock equal to the standard deviation of the market?
– Why should corporate managers consider only incremental, after-tax cash flows?
– Using the discounted payback rule, should the firm invest in the new product?
– If two investments have the same payback period, are they equally desirable?
– How does a lock box-concentration banking system impact a firms float?
– What are the costs and benefits of maintaining inventories?
– Should sunk costs be included when estimating cash flows?
– What is one break point that a firm always faces?
– Which projects do you accept on the basis of PI?
– Are there diminishing returns to risk taking?
– What is a projects net annual benefit?
– What is ARR?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Process Services Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business Process Services External links:
Power Benefits – Canon Business Process Services > Home
Business process services – Brochures – cgi.com
[PDF]Business Process Services – Backup Servicing
Corporate liability External links:
Corporate liability (Book, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
Human resource management External links:
Department of Human Resource Management
DHRM | Utah Department of Human Resource Management
Home – Lancaster Society for Human Resource Management
Sales management External links:
Efficio – Media Sales Management – CRM, Yield, Proposal
2017 Sales Management Conference – Atlanta, Georgia
Business method patent External links:
[PDF]business method patent – Wiggin
www.wiggin.com/files/new business method patent.pdf
ERP system External links:
What is an ERP System? – eSoftware Professionals
HashMicro – Singapore ERP System
ERP System Administrator Jobs – Monster.com
Brand management External links:
Atlanta, GA Marketing and Brand Management – Vehicle Media
RepEquity® | Digital Brand Management, Search …
BEAM: Brand Management Software | Brand Asset …
Financial accounting External links:
Financial Accounting quiz’s Flashcards | Quizlet
Chapter 3: Budgeting, Financial Accounting for Local …
[PDF]Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. …
Records management External links:
National Archives Records Management Information Page
EnTrust Records Management
Records Management – Record Series
Insider dealing External links:
Insider Dealing | MyComplianceOffice
Knowledge economy External links:
Knowledge Economy Definition | Investopedia
Productivity Game – Thriving in a Knowledge Economy
ERIC – Thesaurus – Knowledge Economy
Business Process Definition Metamodel External links:
Business Process Definition Metamodel – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/topic/Business Process Definition Metamodel
Capacity management External links:
Capacity management (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]TITLE: CAPACITY MANAGEMENT PLAN …
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Systems management External links:
M.S. Information Systems Management – American …
HSMN – Health Systems Management Network
Content management External links:
Best Content Management and Marketing Automation …
MARPHTC Learning Content Management System
DocSend: Sales Content Management & Document …
Distributed management External links:
CiteSeerX — Distributed management by delegation
Distributed management with embedded agents in …
Six Sigma External links:
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
SPC Software for Excel | Six Sigma Software | QI Macros
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – GoLeanSixSigma…
Business statistics External links:
Business Statistics & Analytics | McGraw-Hill Higher …
SMALL BUSINESS STATISTICS by Government of …
Business Statistics Flashcards | Quizlet
Public economics External links:
[PDF]ECON 7340: Empirical Methods in Public Economics …
lim.economics.cornell.edu/ECON7340_Syllabus Spring 2016.pdf
The Fed – Public Economics
ERIC – The Public Economics of Mastery Learning., 1978 …
Organization development External links:
Institute of Organization Development – HRCI approved …
National Center for Organization Development Home
What is Organization Development? – OD Network
Organizational structure External links:
Social Security Organizational Structure
Organizational Structure of FOH
Organizational Structure Opportunities – CA State Parks
Crisis management External links:
International Crisis Management Conference
AlertSense – Crisis Management and Collaboration Platform
IS-870.A – Dams Sector: Crisis Management Overview …
Advisory board External links:
The Advisory Board Company – Official Site
The Experience Lab at Advisory Board – Healing Health …
The Science Advisory Board – Home Page
Resource management External links:
Cultural and Environmental Resource Management | Thesis Titles
Department of Human Resource Management
Supervisory board External links:
[PDF]Guidelines for Official Titles: SAP Supervisory Board …
VMLIP Members’ Supervisory Board – VMLIP
NCIO Agency Supervisory Board – Sign In Page
Office management External links:
Office Management – AbeBooks
Anow | Office Management Appraisal Software for Appraisers
An Association Dedicated To Dental Office Management | AADOM
Change management External links:
What is change management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
RACI Change Management Model | RACI Training
ACMP’s Standard for Change Management© – The …
Business development External links:
Business Development Titles Jobs – Monster.com
South Land Title – Business Development
Kalispell – Montana Small Business Development Center
Business process External links:
Business Process Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
What is business process? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Business Process Improvement Jobs – Monster.com
Audit committee External links:
Audit Committee Effectiveness Center – aicpa.org
Audit Committee – Kentucky Retirement Systems
[PDF]AUDIT COMMITTEE CHARTER I. PURPOSE AND ROLE
Knowledge management External links:
Knowledge Management Consulting Firm | Iknow LLC
A hub for technical knowledge management. — NDCAC
Knowledge Management Software | Lucidea
International finance External links:
Join Our Team | The Institute of International Finance
International Finance Institute – Home | Facebook
[PDF]Institute of International Finance (IIF)
Management process External links:
Management Process | Process Management System | …
Applications Management Process Manager v8: Login
Incident management External links:
Emergency Communications and Incident Management – CrisisGo
New York State Incident Management and Reporting System
National Incident Management System Alerts | FEMA.gov
Organizational behavior External links:
Organizational Behavior – Cognella
Organizational Behavior In Health Care | R2 Digital Library
Organizational behavior (Book, 2008) [WorldCat.org]
International business External links:
IBBA | International Business Brokers Association
strategy+business: international business strategy …
IBM International Business Machines Corp XNYS:IBM …
Business reporting External links:
Historically Underutilized Business Reporting
Business reporting. (Book, 1990) [WorldCat.org]
Business Reporting – shuaimai.store
Organizational communication External links:
[PPT]Organizational Communication – UNT College of Arts …
[PPT]Organizational Communication – Illinois State University
Organizational communication (Book, 2010) …
Economic statistics External links:
economic statistics | Hallmark Abstract LLC
Economic statistics (Journal, magazine, 1991) …
Corporate governance External links:
Cleary Gottlieb M&A and Corporate Governance Watch
Morgan Stanley Corporate Governance
Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance
Industrial processes External links:
Solar Payback Project | Solar Heat for Industrial Processes
Revolution-Industrial Processes Equipment and Steel …
Cloud technology External links:
Hents? | Leaders in Next Generation Cloud Technology
Cloud Technology Solutions for Business | Cloudnine Realtime
Sunset Learning Institute | Cloud Technology Certifications
International economics External links:
Peterson Institute for International Economics – PIIE
BEA International Economics Accounts
Organizational patterns External links:
[PDF]SOL Review READING organizational patterns, word …
Quiz #4: Organizational Patterns – Instructure
Text Structure and Organizational Patterns Worksheets
Purchase order External links:
Purchase Order Management Software | SourceDay
Purchase Order Terms and Conditions from Bank of America
[PDF]Creating a Purchase Order Form – help.adobe.com
Market economy External links:
Market Economy – Investopedia
DOC Seeks Comments on Market Economy Status of …
Emerging Market Economy – Investopedia
Supply chain management External links:
Logistics Supply Chain Management System
Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Order …
Integrated management External links:
Integrated Management Resources Group, Inc.
Association Integrated Management Services, LLC
Integrated Management – REACHING NEW HEIGHTS or …
Division of labor External links:
Division of Labor Statistics and Research, Title 8 Regulations
The division of labor in society. (Book, 1964) [WorldCat.org]
Customer relationship management External links:
1workforce – Customer Relationship Management …
Salesnet CRM Solutions | Customer Relationship Management
Agile CRM – Customer Relationship Management
Business process automation External links:
Business Process Automation – socken.store
Create Business Process Automation Apps – Salesforce.com
Corporate crime External links:
Corporate Crime Reporter
Most Popular “Corporate Crime” Titles – IMDb
Network management External links:
OSPINSIGHT – Fiber Optic Network Management
UNMS – Ubiquiti Network Management System
What is Network Management? Webopedia Definition
Principles of Scientific Management External links:
Principles Of Scientific Management Essays
Total quality management External links:
What is the Total Quality Management (TQM) Approach?
Total Quality Management – YouTube
Total Quality Management – Introduction
Mixed economy External links:
Mixed Economy | Definition of Mixed Economy by Merriam-Webster
Open economy External links:
Open Economy Flashcards | Quizlet
What is OPEN ECONOMY – Black’s Law Dictionary
[PDF]Macroeconomic Policy in an Open Economy
Board of directors External links:
MBA Board of Directors – Montana Bankers Association
TVA – Board of Directors
Board of Directors – Kansas Chiropractic Association
Commercial bank External links:
Anchor Commercial Bank
Michigan Loans & Banking | Commercial Bank
The Commercial Bank – Official Site
Planned economy External links:
How are resources allocated in a planned economy? – …
Centrally Planned Economy – Investopedia
What is Planned Economy? definition and meaning
Quality management External links:
ASI DATAMYTE – The Global Leaders in Quality Management
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Gantt charts External links:
Office Timeline: Examples of Gantt charts and timelines
Online Gantt Charts | Mavenlink
Instagantt + Asana app integration: easy Gantt charts · Asana
Business strategy External links:
Business Strategy ppt | Competition | Strategic Management
Business strategy (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
AT&T Business Strategy :: Strategic Management
Business operations External links:
Your Business Operations Center – PCH Technologies
UofL Business Operations
How much does a business operations manager make?
Capital budgeting External links:
Capital Budgeting – Investopedia
[PDF]Capital Budgeting System (CBS) Frequently Asked …
Capital budgeting (eBook, 2015) [WorldCat.org]