What is involved in Problem Manager
Find out what the related areas are that Problem Manager connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Problem Manager thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Problem Manager journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Problem Manager leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Problem Manager related domains to cover and 52 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Problem Manager, Problem statement, Argumentation theory, Brainstorming, Peer-review, Problem solving, Project management, Researcher, White paper:
Problem Manager Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Problem Manager engagements and integrate design thinking in Problem Manager innovation.
– Does Problem Manager analysis show the relationships among important Problem Manager factors?
– Do the Problem Manager decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Problem Manager activities?
Problem statement Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Problem statement risks and find answers.
– Does Problem Manager include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How will you measure your Problem Manager effectiveness?
– Is a Problem Manager Team Work effort in place?
Argumentation theory Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Argumentation theory tactics and overcome Argumentation theory skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Problem Manager opportunities costing us money?
– When a Problem Manager manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Brainstorming Critical Criteria:
Generalize Brainstorming projects and probe the present value of growth of Brainstorming.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Problem Manager process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Problem Manager process available?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Problem Manager process?
– How important is Problem Manager to the user organizations mission?
Peer-review Critical Criteria:
Jump start Peer-review issues and work towards be a leading Peer-review expert.
– Privacy should not be an afterthought; a bolt-on sometime between the initial coding and delivery of a new system. It should be designed in from the start; peer-reviewed; tested and the data controller needs to be able to show that adequate security is in place; it is monitored; and that the strictest data protection policies will apply by default. If you design your own custom apps; are these the standards you work to? When deploying purchased systems; is privacy set at its tightest by default?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Problem Manager processes?
– What are the disruptive Problem Manager technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Are there Problem Manager problems defined?
Problem solving Critical Criteria:
Participate in Problem solving governance and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Problem solving.
– Key problem solving knowledge resides with the knowledge workers, and not the manager. So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Problem Manager is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is the Problem Manager organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Problem Manager objectives?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Chart Project management decisions and slay a dragon.
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Problem Manager strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How much effort and investment in time and resources will be required to develop new tools, templates and processes?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– Justification: what are your research questions and how do you motivate them?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– Does implementation of project management require a culture change?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– What type of certificate will be awarded and by whom?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– So then, what is a virtual team?
Researcher Critical Criteria:
Understand Researcher issues and define what do we need to start doing with Researcher.
– What theoretical and methodological tools are available to us as researchers to study such aspects of Release Management?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Problem Manager with what users do day-to-day?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Problem Manager been identified and analyzed?
– What is our formula for success in Problem Manager ?
White paper Critical Criteria:
Understand White paper risks and ask what if.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Problem Manager product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Problem Manager agendas for the next 3 years?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Problem Manager Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Problem Manager External links:
Problem Manager Jobs | Glassdoor
Problem statement External links:
[PDF]Problem Statement I. Problem Title
How To Write A Problem Statement | Ceptara
Argumentation theory External links:
ERIC – Recent Research in Argumentation Theory., …
Problem solving External links:
Seven Steps for Effective Problem Solving in the Workplace
Art of Problem Solving – Official Site
IS-241.B: Decision Making and Problem Solving – FEMA
Project management External links:
Pepper Construction Project Management Solution
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Researcher External links:
20 Best Title Researcher jobs (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired
How to Become a Title Researcher | Career Trend
White paper External links:
Emailage White Paper – The Evolving Needs of Fraud …
[PDF]Sarbanes-Oxley Sections 302 & 404 A White Paper …
White Paper 2015 | CatalysisCatalysis