What is involved in Category Management
Find out what the related areas are that Category Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Category Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Category Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Category Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Category Management related domains to cover and 65 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Category Management, Cash and carry, Competition Commission, Fast-moving consumer goods, Groceries Code Adjudicator, Maintenance, repair, and operations, Manufacturing resource planning, Market distortion, Point of sale, Price fixing, Private label, Retail Link, Shopper marketing, Supplier Relationship Management, Tesco plc:
Category Management Critical Criteria:
Graph Category Management governance and oversee implementation of Category Management.
– What have been some internal and external barriers from the trade for Category Management implementation?
– What is the optimal relationship between Product Management Category Management and Marketing?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Category Management project?
– Do the Number of Deal Items and Size of Deal Discounts Affect Store Performance?
– Do you provide your Clients with a clear escalation path for issue resolution?
– Do local neighborhoods or regional factors affect categories and products?
– Could the supplier help with service innovation/transformation?
– Do you manage a formal Issue/Opportunity tracker process?
– Have Business Plans with your Critical Preferred Vendors?
– Variety for sale: Mass customization or mass confusion?
– What are the benefits of Category Management?
– What is a cross connection control program?
– How many providers are there in the market?
– How can the threats identified be overcome?
– What is the geographical spread of demand?
– Who should I contact if I have questions?
– Where are the obvious control points?
– How were goods and services ordered?
– What is a routine sanitary survey?
– Does Category Management Work?
Cash and carry Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Cash and carry planning and improve Cash and carry service perception.
– Do those selected for the Category Management team have a good general understanding of what Category Management is all about?
– Are assumptions made in Category Management stated explicitly?
– Is the scope of Category Management defined?
Competition Commission Critical Criteria:
Unify Competition Commission tactics and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Competition Commission projects.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Category Management. How do we gain traction?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Category Management activities?
– What are the long-term Category Management goals?
Fast-moving consumer goods Critical Criteria:
Rank Fast-moving consumer goods projects and triple focus on important concepts of Fast-moving consumer goods relationship management.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Category Management moving forward?
– How to deal with Category Management Changes?
Groceries Code Adjudicator Critical Criteria:
Think about Groceries Code Adjudicator results and observe effective Groceries Code Adjudicator.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Category Management opportunities costing us money?
– What are the usability implications of Category Management actions?
– Which Category Management goals are the most important?
Maintenance, repair, and operations Critical Criteria:
Frame Maintenance, repair, and operations tactics and proactively manage Maintenance, repair, and operations risks.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Category Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Category Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Why is Category Management important for you now?
Manufacturing resource planning Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Manufacturing resource planning decisions and finalize specific methods for Manufacturing resource planning acceptance.
– What are internal and external Category Management relations?
– How can skill-level changes improve Category Management?
Market distortion Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Market distortion adoptions and define what our big hairy audacious Market distortion goal is.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Category Management processes?
– What is our formula for success in Category Management ?
– What will drive Category Management change?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Gauge Point of sale adoptions and innovate what needs to be done with Point of sale.
– What are the key elements of your Category Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Who sets the Category Management standards?
Price fixing Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Price fixing risks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Price fixing.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Category Management leaders?
– Is a Category Management Team Work effort in place?
Private label Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Private label quality and innovate what needs to be done with Private label.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Category Management?
– Who will provide the final approval of Category Management deliverables?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Category Management Management?
Retail Link Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Retail Link goals and drive action.
– Does Category Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we Identify specific Category Management investment and emerging trends?
Shopper marketing Critical Criteria:
Shape Shopper marketing management and display thorough understanding of the Shopper marketing process.
– What instore sales drivers do you need to focus on in order to take advantage of the evolution to shopper marketing?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Category Management is underway?
– How likely is the current Category Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What is the source of the strategies for Category Management strengthening and reform?
Supplier Relationship Management Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Supplier Relationship Management adoptions and get the big picture.
– Think of your Category Management project. what are the main functions?
– What are the business goals Category Management is aiming to achieve?
Tesco plc Critical Criteria:
Read up on Tesco plc quality and point out Tesco plc tensions in leadership.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Category Management, including any consulting or professional services?
– Think about the functions involved in your Category Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– When a Category Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Category Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Category Management External links:
Category Management – AbeBooks
Category Management · FAI Media Library
Category Management – GSA
Cash and carry External links:
Cash and Carry – The New York Times
Cash and Carry Furniture
Cash and Carry (1937) – IMDb
Competition Commission External links:
Competition Commission of Singapore
The Competition Commission South Africa – Home | Facebook
Philippine Competition Commission – Home | Facebook
Fast-moving consumer goods External links:
Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Services | Liquidity Services
Packaging in Africa: Fast-Moving Consumer Goods – …
Groceries Code Adjudicator External links:
Groceries Code Adjudicator: Latest News & Videos, …
Christine Tacon – Groceries Code Adjudicator – YouTube
Groceries Code Adjudicator – GOV.UK
Maintenance, repair, and operations External links:
Maintenance, Repair, and Operations | MRO Solutions | SDI
Maintenance, Repair, and Operations – MonotaRO …
Manufacturing resource planning External links:
SOM 464. Manufacturing Resource Planning (3)
Market distortion External links:
Market Distortion Flashcards | Quizlet
World Market Distortion (WMD) – Minority Sector Indices
Point of sale External links:
ShopKeep: iPad POS | Point of Sale System | Free Quote
GoAntiquing! Point of Sale
Free POS Software. Point of Sale System | Loyverse POS
Retail Link External links:
Welcome to Retail Link!
Retail Link Help
[PDF]Retail Link Access Request Form – walmartethics.com
Shopper marketing External links:
Shopper Marketing – Location Marketing | inMarket
Supplier Relationship Management External links:
PowerAdvocate | Supplier Relationship Management
Supplier Relationship Management Portal – Agile1
ProPurchaser – Supplier Relationship Management & …
Tesco plc External links:
TSCO-GB: Tesco PLC – Stock Quote and News – CNBC
TSCDY: Tesco PLC – Brokerage Reports – Zacks.com