What is involved in Risk Register
Find out what the related areas are that Risk Register connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Risk Register thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Risk Register journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Risk Register leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Risk Register related domains to cover and 82 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Risk Register, Event chain methodology, Failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis, Failure mode and effects analysis, ISO 31000, Illusion of control, Integer, Issue log, Karaoke, Likelihood, PRINCE2, Project Management Institute, Regulatory compliance, Risk Breakdown Structure, Risk management, Risk management tools, Scatterplot:
Risk Register Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Risk Register results and interpret which customers can’t participate in Risk Register because they lack skills.
– Are the risk register and Risk Management processes actually effective in managing project risk?
– Can we do Risk Register without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Do we all define Risk Register in the same way?
– What about Risk Register Analysis of results?
Event chain methodology Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Event chain methodology visions and cater for concise Event chain methodology education.
– Is Risk Register Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What is our formula for success in Risk Register ?
– Do we have past Risk Register Successes?
Failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis Critical Criteria:
Read up on Failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis management and improve Failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis service perception.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Risk Register that make it risky?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Risk Register effort?
– Is Risk Register Required?
Failure mode and effects analysis Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Failure mode and effects analysis outcomes and adopt an insight outlook.
– Is the scope of Risk Register defined?
ISO 31000 Critical Criteria:
Disseminate ISO 31000 governance and get going.
– Does Risk Register systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What is the source of the strategies for Risk Register strengthening and reform?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Risk Register?
– Do you adhere to, or apply, the ISO 31000 Risk Management standard?
Illusion of control Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Illusion of control projects and achieve a single Illusion of control view and bringing data together.
– Which customers cant participate in our Risk Register domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Risk Register goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we know that any Risk Register analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Integer Critical Criteria:
X-ray Integer outcomes and differentiate in coordinating Integer.
– How can you negotiate Risk Register successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Risk Register activities?
Issue log Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Issue log engagements and explain and analyze the challenges of Issue log.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Risk Register process?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Risk Register strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Risk Register project?
Karaoke Critical Criteria:
Dissect Karaoke management and devise Karaoke key steps.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Risk Register project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How to Secure Risk Register?
Likelihood Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Likelihood engagements and give examples utilizing a core of simple Likelihood skills.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Risk Register processes?
– What is the likelihood of increasing the programs success by implementing it on either a larger or smaller scale?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Risk Register leader?
– How does the firewall quality affect the likelihood of a security breach or the expected loss?
– Is there a high likelihood that any recommendations will achieve their intended results?
– How does the firewall quality affect the likelihood of a security breach or the expected loss?
– Risk of Compromise What is the likelihood that a compromise will occur?
– How will likelihood be defined (e.g. frequency over what timeframe)?
– How do you decide the likelihood something is going to happen?
– What is the likelihood (probability) risks would go wrong?
– What is the likelihood that a compromise will occur?
– What is the likelihood of risk events happening?
– How do you improve your likelihood of success ?
– How do we go about Securing Risk Register?
PRINCE2 Critical Criteria:
Read up on PRINCE2 governance and work towards be a leading PRINCE2 expert.
– A lot of these decisions are based around selecting the correct level of governance and ceremony. At project initiation there should be questions such as Do we run this as a full-on PRINCE2 project or do we use some of DSDM for this?
– Do we run this as a full-on PRINCE2 project or do we use some of DSDM for this?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 – one or the other, or both?
– Why is Risk Register important for you now?
Project Management Institute Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Project Management Institute issues and probe Project Management Institute strategic alliances.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Risk Register services/products?
– Will Risk Register have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What is our Risk Register Strategy?
Regulatory compliance Critical Criteria:
Recall Regulatory compliance tasks and get going.
– Does Risk Register include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– In the case of public clouds, will the hosting service provider meet their regulatory compliance requirements?
– Regulatory compliance: Is the cloud vendor willing to undergo external audits and/or security certifications?
– When a Risk Register manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What vendors make products that address the Risk Register needs?
– Are assumptions made in Risk Register stated explicitly?
– What is Regulatory Compliance ?
Risk Breakdown Structure Critical Criteria:
Model after Risk Breakdown Structure decisions and get the big picture.
– Think of your Risk Register project. what are the main functions?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Risk management management and document what potential Risk management megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Has management considered from external parties (e.g., customers, vendors and others doing business with the entity, external auditors, and regulators) important information on the functioning of an entitys enterprise Risk Management?
– Senior management, the mission owners, knowing the potential risks and recommended controls, may ask, when and under what circumstances should I take action, do we have the answers?
– What are the responsibilities of the erm. Does the function serve as a coordinating body for the individual Risk Management activities or as an advisory body?
– How do you determine which systems, components and functions get priority in regard to implementation of new Cybersecurity measures?
– Do you standardize ITRM processes and clearly defined roles and responsibilities to improve efficiency, quality and reporting?
– Which is the financial loss that the organization will experience as a result of every possible security incident ?
– How could risks affect the overall outcome of projects in probabilistic terms of cost and schedule?
– Do you wish to utilize a software solution after you establish the foundation and process for ERM?
– Do you have an enterprise-wide risk management program that includes Cybersecurity?
– What are the security information requirements of Cybersecurity stakeholders?
– Where do organizations locate their Cybersecurity Risk Management programoffice?
– To whom does the IT Risk Management function or oversight role report?
– Are passwords, log-ins, and email accounts cancelled and reassigned?
– Do you have clear objectives for your organization?
– Are there beyond-compliance activities?
– What are the companys top risks?
– Who has the authority to manage risk?
Risk management tools Critical Criteria:
Unify Risk management tools planning and triple focus on important concepts of Risk management tools relationship management.
– Does Risk Register create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How likely is the current Risk Register plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Scatterplot Critical Criteria:
Graph Scatterplot leadership and plan concise Scatterplot education.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Risk Register? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Risk Register Management?
– What are the usability implications of Risk Register actions?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Risk Register Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Risk Register External links:
[PDF]PRINCE2™ – Risk Register – Stakeholdermap.com
Risk Register – TN.Gov
Risk Register – Hashdoc
Event chain methodology External links:
Event chain methodology – PlanOpedia
Failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis External links:
Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
Failure mode and effects analysis External links:
[PDF]FAILURE MODE AND EFFECTS ANALYSIS (FMEA)
ISO 31000 External links:
ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager (ISO31000-LRM) – …
News from Athena ISO 31000 Security Risk Management
ISO 31000 Risk Management | BSI America
Illusion of control External links:
Illusion of control – ScienceDaily
The Illusion of Control – YouTube
Integer External links:
On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences – Official Site
Integer | Definition of Integer by Merriam-Webster
Issue log External links:
[XLS]Issue Log Template – Results Washington
Presort Reference Data Issue Log | PostalPro
Karaoke External links:
The Place for Karaoke
PRINCE2 External links:
Scrum Prince2 Agile PMP PMI BA Lean Training Dublin
Project Management Institute External links:
PMI – Project Management Institute – Prometric
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Membership | Project Management Institute
Regulatory compliance External links:
Brandywine Drumlabels – GHS Regulatory Compliance …
Anti-kickback & Stark Compliance — Regulatory Compliance
Regulatory Compliance testing and certification
Risk Breakdown Structure External links:
[PDF]RISK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE (RBS) – …
[PDF]Sample Risk Breakdown Structure – Welcome To …
atom-risk.com/templates/Sample Risk Breakdown Structure.pdf
Risk Breakdown Structure by Jared Borth on Prezi
Risk management External links:
“Billions” Risk Management (TV Episode 2017) – IMDb
Risk Management Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
Risk management tools External links:
Risk Management Tools and Support – FM Global
ACH Operations Risk Management Tools | NACHA
Scatterplot External links: