What is involved in SAP ERP
Find out what the related areas are that SAP ERP connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP ERP thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP ERP journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP ERP leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP ERP related domains to cover and 89 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP ERP, Corporate services, Enterprise resource planning, Environment, health and safety, Financial accounting, Human Capital Management, Management accounting, Materials management, Middle ware, Out of the box, Production planning, Quality management, Rate of return, Real estate, Return on investment, SAP NetWeaver, SAP R/2, SAP R/3, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SE, SAP Web Application Server, Secure Network Communications, Secure Socket Layer, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Switching barriers, Travel management, User interface:
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Refer to SAP ERP planning and create a map for yourself.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent SAP ERP services/products?
– In a project to restructure SAP ERP outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Is there any existing SAP ERP governance structure?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
Corporate services Critical Criteria:
Map Corporate services outcomes and probe the present value of growth of Corporate services.
– Think about the functions involved in your SAP ERP project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do we go about Comparing SAP ERP approaches/solutions?
– Why are SAP ERP skills important?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Enterprise resource planning quality and ask questions.
– Think of your SAP ERP project. what are the main functions?
– What are the usability implications of SAP ERP actions?
– What are internal and external SAP ERP relations?
Environment, health and safety Critical Criteria:
Understand Environment, health and safety planning and revise understanding of Environment, health and safety architectures.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that SAP ERP objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Do those selected for the SAP ERP team have a good general understanding of what SAP ERP is all about?
– How do we Improve SAP ERP service perception, and satisfaction?
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Financial accounting leadership and perfect Financial accounting conflict management.
– What is the purpose of SAP ERP in relation to the mission?
– What vendors make products that address the SAP ERP needs?
– How can we improve SAP ERP?
Human Capital Management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Human Capital Management engagements and get the big picture.
– Management systems with more than 500 indicators to monitor aspects of human capital management, even in medium-size, not very sophisticated companies. Too many indicators?
– What management system can we use to leverage the SAP ERP experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the SAP ERP process?
– How is the value delivered by SAP ERP being measured?
Management accounting Critical Criteria:
Discourse Management accounting projects and explore and align the progress in Management accounting.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect SAP ERP workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for SAP ERP strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Does the SAP ERP task fit the clients priorities?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Generalize Materials management engagements and probe the present value of growth of Materials management.
– Who needs to know about SAP ERP ?
– How much does SAP ERP help?
Middle ware Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Middle ware adoptions and forecast involvement of future Middle ware projects in development.
– How do we know that any SAP ERP analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we go about Securing SAP ERP?
Out of the box Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Out of the box results and get the big picture.
– Does SAP ERP appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What are specific SAP ERP Rules to follow?
Production planning Critical Criteria:
Understand Production planning leadership and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Production planning.
– Does SAP ERP include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we maintain SAP ERPs Integrity?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Mix Quality management issues and devise Quality management key steps.
– For your SAP ERP project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations SAP ERP values?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Rate of return Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Rate of return tactics and reduce Rate of return costs.
– Why should managers set the required rate of return higher than the rate at which money can be borrowed when making a typical capital budgeting decision?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– When using the time adjusted rate of return method, how does one know when the true rate of return has been found?
– How can you negotiate SAP ERP successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is the true rate of return greater than or less than the discount rate?
– Will SAP ERP deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Are assumptions made in SAP ERP stated explicitly?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
Real estate Critical Criteria:
Unify Real estate strategies and correct better engagement with Real estate results.
– Will SAP ERP have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What threat is SAP ERP addressing?
Return on investment Critical Criteria:
Adapt Return on investment risks and revise understanding of Return on investment architectures.
– Think about the people you identified for your SAP ERP project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– What are the short and long-term SAP ERP goals?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on SAP NetWeaver issues and do something to it.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new SAP ERP in a volatile global economy?
– What are the business goals SAP ERP is aiming to achieve?
– How to deal with SAP ERP Changes?
SAP R/2 Critical Criteria:
Analyze SAP R/2 tasks and describe the risks of SAP R/2 sustainability.
– How important is SAP ERP to the user organizations mission?
– What is our SAP ERP Strategy?
SAP R/3 Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to SAP R/3 projects and cater for concise SAP R/3 education.
– Among the SAP ERP product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do we have past SAP ERP Successes?
SAP S/4HANA Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over SAP S/4HANA issues and overcome SAP S/4HANA skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Is SAP ERP Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about SAP SE quality and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive SAP SE projects.
– What are our best practices for minimizing SAP ERP project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the SAP ERP project lifecycle?
SAP Web Application Server Critical Criteria:
Add value to SAP Web Application Server issues and slay a dragon.
– How likely is the current SAP ERP plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do SAP ERP rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Secure Network Communications Critical Criteria:
Merge Secure Network Communications issues and find out what it really means.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding SAP ERP?
– Is there a SAP ERP Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of SAP ERP activities?
Secure Socket Layer Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Secure Socket Layer issues and devote time assessing Secure Socket Layer and its risk.
– Can we do SAP ERP without complex (expensive) analysis?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Service-oriented architecture risks and prioritize challenges of Service-oriented architecture.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed SAP ERP opportunities costing us money?
– Have the types of risks that may impact SAP ERP been identified and analyzed?
– How would one define SAP ERP leadership?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Software categories failures and perfect Software categories conflict management.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether SAP ERP goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Drive Software developer planning and adjust implementation of Software developer.
– Can we add value to the current SAP ERP decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Which customers cant participate in our SAP ERP domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Meet over Switching barriers goals and assess what counts with Switching barriers that we are not counting.
– In the case of a SAP ERP project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a SAP ERP project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any SAP ERP project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do your measurements capture actionable SAP ERP information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing SAP ERP? There might be some that are less obvious?
Travel management Critical Criteria:
Mix Travel management engagements and handle a jump-start course to Travel management.
– How do we ensure that implementations of SAP ERP products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a SAP ERP project?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of SAP ERP that make it risky?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Interpolate User interface goals and probe using an integrated framework to make sure User interface is getting what it needs.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these SAP ERP processes?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP ERP Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Corporate services External links:
People – Title : Corporate Services
Penn Behavioral Health Corporate Services
Title Upgrading – Capital Corporate Services Ltd.
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning System | Hill International
MDConnect | Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Enterprise Resource Planning
Environment, health and safety External links:
Safety Training – Environment, Health and Safety
Home – Environment, Health and Safety
Financial accounting External links:
Financial accounting is a specialized form of accounting that keeps track of transactions.
Chapter 3: Budgeting, Financial Accounting for Local …
Financial Accounting quiz’s Flashcards | Quizlet
Human Capital Management External links:
Zuma Payroll & Processing – Human Capital Management
PMAM :: Human Capital Management Solution
Human Capital Management and HCM Software Solutions
Management accounting External links:
Title Management Accounting – scribd.com
Management accounting (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Materials management External links:
Institute of Hazardous Materials Management
Materials Management And Logistics Essays – …
Middle ware External links:
Modernization-Consolidation_Middle ware gateway…
Out of the box External links:
Out of the Box | Out of the Box
What is out of the box? – Definition from WhatIs.com
“Alias” Out of the Box (TV Episode 2005) – IMDb
Production planning External links:
Scheduling, Analytics, & Production Planning Software
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
ASI DATAMYTE – The Global Leaders in Quality Management
Rate of return External links:
Internal Rate of Return (IRR) – Math is Fun
Internal Rate of Return Calculator | IRR & NPV Calculator
Real estate External links:
Real Estate Agents and Brokers – Stewart
Title(s) – best way to hold real estate
arctic.org/~dean/sircam/Title(s) – best way to hold real estate.html
Return on investment External links:
Return on Investment (ROI) – Entrepreneur
Return on Investment | CENTURY 21
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator – Financial …
SAP NetWeaver External links:
SAP NetWeaver Portal
SAP R/3 External links:
A Configuring SAP R/3 for Inbound and Outbound Processing
Oct 24, 2017 · Is there a template or any information available on what to monitor on Windows servers runnning SAP R/3?
Summary Page: SAP R/3 Release 4.6 Fundamentals
ReadSoft DOCUMENTS For SAP R/3 – ReadSoft, Inc.
SAP SE External links:
SAP Key Statistics | SAP SE ADS Stock – Yahoo Finance
SAP Web Application Server External links:
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Saipem Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Secure Socket Layer External links:
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) – Springer
Software categories External links:
How to Create Custom Software Categories
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Software developer External links:
Software Developer Salary – PayScale
Title Software Developer Vs Engineer
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Switching barriers External links:
Switching Barriers in the Four-Stage Loyalty Model – …
Switching Barriers | Information System | Feedback
Travel management External links:
The Travel Team – Corporate Travel Management – …
RezDesk Login :: ADTRAV Travel Management :: service …
Direct Travel | Top Corporate Travel Management Company
User interface External links:
Login – Terminal Customer User Interface – Colonial Pipeline
EWS User Interface
PKG User Interface Solutions – Official Site