What is involved in SAP PM
Find out what the related areas are that SAP PM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP PM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP PM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP PM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP PM related domains to cover and 93 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP PM, SAP ERP, Corporate services, Enterprise resource planning, Environment, health and safety, Financial accounting, Human Capital Management, Management accounting, Materials management, Middle ware, Out of the box, Production planning, Quality management, Rate of return, Real estate, Return on investment, SAP NetWeaver, SAP R/2, SAP R/3, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SE, SAP Web Application Server, Secure Network Communications, Secure Socket Layer, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Switching barriers, Travel management, User interface:
SAP PM Critical Criteria:
Guide SAP PM engagements and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in SAP PM.
– What is the source of the strategies for SAP PM strengthening and reform?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its SAP PM processes?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Focus on SAP ERP tasks and look in other fields.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this SAP PM process?
– Do we all define SAP PM in the same way?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
– Is the scope of SAP PM defined?
Corporate services Critical Criteria:
Analyze Corporate services governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Corporate services information.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these SAP PM processes?
– Think of your SAP PM project. what are the main functions?
– Are there SAP PM problems defined?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Boost Enterprise resource planning planning and display thorough understanding of the Enterprise resource planning process.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to SAP PM?
– What vendors make products that address the SAP PM needs?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in SAP PM?
Environment, health and safety Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Environment, health and safety results and integrate design thinking in Environment, health and safety innovation.
– What is our formula for success in SAP PM ?
– How will you measure your SAP PM effectiveness?
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Financial accounting failures and find out.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent SAP PM services/products?
– Think about the functions involved in your SAP PM project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good SAP PM project manager?
Human Capital Management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Human Capital Management leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Human Capital Management interface.
– In the case of a SAP PM project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a SAP PM project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any SAP PM project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does SAP PM include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Management systems with more than 500 indicators to monitor aspects of human capital management, even in medium-size, not very sophisticated companies. Too many indicators?
Management accounting Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Management accounting visions and optimize Management accounting leadership as a key to advancement.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the SAP PM process?
– In a project to restructure SAP PM outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed SAP PM opportunities costing us money?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Materials management tactics and get out your magnifying glass.
– Do the SAP PM decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we Identify specific SAP PM investment and emerging trends?
– How do we go about Securing SAP PM?
Middle ware Critical Criteria:
Trace Middle ware governance and ask questions.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your SAP PM strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for SAP PM strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we manage SAP PM Knowledge Management (KM)?
Out of the box Critical Criteria:
See the value of Out of the box issues and create a map for yourself.
– Think about the people you identified for your SAP PM project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What business benefits will SAP PM goals deliver if achieved?
Production planning Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Production planning failures and track iterative Production planning results.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once SAP PM is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– When a SAP PM manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Recall Quality management visions and look in other fields.
– How will you know that the SAP PM project has been successful?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Rate of return Critical Criteria:
Derive from Rate of return visions and oversee implementation of Rate of return.
– Why should managers set the required rate of return higher than the rate at which money can be borrowed when making a typical capital budgeting decision?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– When using the time adjusted rate of return method, how does one know when the true rate of return has been found?
– In what ways are SAP PM vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is the true rate of return greater than or less than the discount rate?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the SAP PM requirements in detail?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
– Who sets the SAP PM standards?
Real estate Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Real estate leadership and report on developing an effective Real estate strategy.
– How to deal with SAP PM Changes?
Return on investment Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Return on investment outcomes and correct better engagement with Return on investment results.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Among the SAP PM product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a SAP PM project?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
– Why should we adopt a SAP PM framework?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Merge SAP NetWeaver projects and acquire concise SAP NetWeaver education.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the SAP PM process?
– Does SAP PM analysis show the relationships among important SAP PM factors?
SAP R/2 Critical Criteria:
Pilot SAP R/2 management and prioritize challenges of SAP R/2.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding SAP PM?
– What are internal and external SAP PM relations?
SAP R/3 Critical Criteria:
Investigate SAP R/3 outcomes and integrate design thinking in SAP R/3 innovation.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting SAP PM with what users do day-to-day?
– What are the barriers to increased SAP PM production?
– What will drive SAP PM change?
SAP S/4HANA Critical Criteria:
Unify SAP S/4HANA tactics and create a map for yourself.
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Read up on SAP SE tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for SAP SE.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving SAP PM forward?
– What are the short and long-term SAP PM goals?
SAP Web Application Server Critical Criteria:
Talk about SAP Web Application Server quality and maintain SAP Web Application Server for success.
– Which customers cant participate in our SAP PM domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Can we do SAP PM without complex (expensive) analysis?
Secure Network Communications Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Secure Network Communications failures and do something to it.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate SAP PM delivery for example is new software needed?
– Have the types of risks that may impact SAP PM been identified and analyzed?
Secure Socket Layer Critical Criteria:
Unify Secure Socket Layer risks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Secure Socket Layer skills.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of SAP PM into the services that we provide?
– Does the SAP PM task fit the clients priorities?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Service-oriented architecture quality and learn.
– To what extent does management recognize SAP PM as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we Lead with SAP PM in Mind?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Match Software categories issues and find the essential reading for Software categories researchers.
– What is the total cost related to deploying SAP PM, including any consulting or professional services?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your SAP PM activities?
– What are the business goals SAP PM is aiming to achieve?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Software developer adoptions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Software developer results.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect SAP PM workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing SAP PM? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are there SAP PM Models?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Examine Switching barriers planning and gather Switching barriers models .
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of SAP PM moving forward?
– What is our SAP PM Strategy?
Travel management Critical Criteria:
Adapt Travel management results and report on setting up Travel management without losing ground.
– What about SAP PM Analysis of results?
– How much does SAP PM help?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Give examples of User interface tactics and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive User interface decisions.
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP PM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SAP PM External links:
What Is Sap PM? | eHow
Sap Pm Manual – googlecar.store
Corporate services External links:
Penn Behavioral Health Corporate Services
Schwab Corporate Services: Retirement Technologies | …
Key Corporate Services | Executive Recruitment Services
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) | Maricopa …
Enterprise Resource Planning System | Hill International
MDConnect | Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Environment, health and safety External links:
Home – Environment, Health and Safety
Environment, Health and Safety | Bloomberg BNA
Safety Training – Environment, Health and Safety
Financial accounting External links:
Financial accounting is a specialized form of accounting that keeps track of transactions.
Chapter 3: Budgeting, Financial Accounting for Local …
[PDF]Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. …
Human Capital Management External links:
Human Capital Management and HCM Software Solutions
Zuma Payroll & Processing – Human Capital Management
OMES: Human Capital Management (HCM) – Home Page
Management accounting External links:
Title Management Accounting – scribd.com
Management accounting (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Materials management External links:
Materials Management And Logistics Essays – …
Institute of Hazardous Materials Management
Middle ware External links:
Modernization-Consolidation_Middle ware gateway…
Out of the box External links:
Accounting Technology Solutions | Out Of The Box Technology
Out of the Box (TV Series 1998–2004) – IMDb
What is out of the box? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Production planning External links:
Production planning via GANTT interface
Scheduling, Analytics, & Production Planning Software
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
ASI DATAMYTE – The Global Leaders in Quality Management
Rate of return External links:
Internal Rate of Return (IRR) – Math is Fun
Internal Rate of Return Calculator | IRR & NPV Calculator
Internal Rate Of Return – IRR
Real estate External links:
Real Estate Agents and Brokers – Stewart
Title(s) – best way to hold real estate
arctic.org/~dean/sircam/Title(s) – best way to hold real estate.html
Return on investment External links:
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator – Financial …
My Return on Investment – Capella University
How to Calculate a Monthly Return on Investment – Fidelity
SAP NetWeaver External links:
MWRD – SAP NetWeaver Portal
SAP R/3 External links:
Chapter 1 – Introduction to SAP R/3 – YouTube
SAP R/3 |THWACK
Oct 24, 2017 · Is there a template or any information available on what to monitor on Windows servers runnning SAP R/3?
Summary Page: SAP R/3 Release 4.6 Fundamentals
SAP SE External links:
Sap Se – SAP – Stock Price Today – Zacks
SAP Key Statistics | SAP SE ADS Stock – Yahoo Finance
SAP Web Application Server External links:
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Saipem Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Secure Socket Layer External links:
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) – Springer
What is SECURE SOCKET LAYER (SSL)? definition of …
Software categories External links:
Browse Software Categories | Crozdesk
Software developer External links:
Title Software Developer Vs Engineer
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Switching barriers External links:
Switching Barriers in the Four-Stage Loyalty Model – …
Switching Barriers | Information System | Feedback
Travel management External links:
Direct Travel | Top Corporate Travel Management Company
Corporate Travel Management System – Software – NexTravel
Defense Travel Management Office (DTMO)
User interface External links:
Tabbed User Interface – PDI Communications
Login – Terminal Customer User Interface – Colonial Pipeline
PKG User Interface Solutions – Official Site