Ensure your organization is complying with applicable security, privacy, and audit requirements and regulations; follow IT change management, configuration management, release management, incident and problem management, software development standards; performance and availability management, design and code reviews, etc.
More Uses of the Availability Management Toolkit:
- Formulate: provide capacity increases, virtualization and storage support, availability management, service continuity, and on going security management activities.
- Be accountable for working closely with managed service providers for Service Desk, application support, application maintenance and development, analytics solutions development, and support of SaaS products is highly preferred.
- Supervise: maintenance and configuration management ensure effective processes are in place to continuously refresh infrastructure, maintain proper release levels, and proactively apply security patches.
- Be accountable for supporting incident management, service level management, change management, release management, continuity management, and availability management for databases and data management systems.
- Direct: review capacity, performance, availability and other operational metrics and takes appropriate action to ensure corrective and proactive maintenance of storage and backup systems to support the requirement to protect business information.
- Confirm your organization ensures alternative solutions and improvements meet the systems needs by introducing alternative technologies to improve or enhance client information systems to support organizational goals.
- Ensure your organization maintains and executes the backup and recovery procedures for the server, storage, networking, and virtualization infrastructure; participates in business continuity activities and exercises.
- Standardize: collaboration to interact with technical stakeholders (design team, engineering, esc expert), project manager and with customers experts to define the most appropriate way to deliver the solution.
- Methodize: direct or participate in the collection, analysis, and development of reports and various metrics for internal reporting, as environment performance and availability management, defect rates, service level compliance, and change rates.
- Drive up front planning, scheduling, and successfully deploying releases to production environment in a controlled and systematic way so as to meet service levels and avoid any impacts on existing services.
- Manage work with the Data Technology teams (PMO, Business Analyst, Data Architecture, Information Governance, Operational Data, Data Acquisition, Analytics and Infrastructure) to support and innovate on the Enterprise Data Warehouse platform.
- Ensure your organization manages lead your team as business and technology demands and opportunities change, drive continuous improvement and deliver a high quality service that supports the business and enables cost effective applications solutions.
- Ensure your organization manages understand and translate the technical design from the Data Architect team into implemented physical data models that meet data governance, enterprise architecture and business requirements for data warehousing and data access layer.
- Ensure your organization evaluates new systems that have been integrated into the client infrastructure while keeping track of the success of the project, identifies best practices for future implementations, provides feedback to the enterprise and incorporates all gathered information into future integration plans.