Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical BPO Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any BPO related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated BPO specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the BPO Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 640 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which BPO improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 640 standard requirements:
- Whose voice (department, ethnic group, women, older workers, etc) might you have missed hearing from in your company, and how might you amplify this voice to create positive momentum for your business?
- Discovery/subpoena: Is the information managed in the cloud in a way that will enable the organization to comply with legal requirements in case of legal proceedings?
- Is the bpo business process outsourcing market destined to shrink as backend systems become increasingly automated and as customers increasingly use mobile payment systems?
- What will be the consequences to the stakeholder (financial, reputation etc) if BPO does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
- Is our strategy driving our strategy? Or is the way in which we allocate resources driving our strategy?
- Who will monitor the bpost list to determine when to apply patches?
- What does the ‘should be’ process map/design look like?
- If we do not follow, then how to lead?
- What is measured?
- Where is our petri dish?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the BPO book in PDF containing 640 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your BPO self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the BPO Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which BPO areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough BPO Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage BPO projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step BPO Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 BPO project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Are changes in scope (deliverable commitments) agreed to by all affected groups & individuals?
- Project Portfolio management: Why would the Governance Board want to know the current portfolio opportunity?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: What new technologies are being explored in the same area?
- Activity Cost Estimates: How do you treat administrative costs in the activity inventory?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Based on the following, if you need to shorten the duration of the BPO project, what activity would you try to shorten?
- Team Member Status Report: What specific interest groups do you have in place?
- Change Request: Customer Acceptance Plan How will the customer verify the change has been implemented successfully?
- Planning Process Group: Explanation: Is what the BPO project intents to solve a hard question?
- Scope Management Plan: Does the BPO project team have the skills necessary to successfully complete current BPO project(s) and support the application?
- Quality Audit: It is inappropriate to seek information about the Audit Panels preliminary views including questions like why do you ask that?
Step-by-step and complete BPO Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 BPO project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 BPO project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 BPO project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 BPO project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 BPO project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 BPO project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any BPO project with this in-depth BPO Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose BPO projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in BPO and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make BPO investments work better.
This BPO All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.