Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Case Management Solutions Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Case Management Solutions related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Case Management Solutions specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Case Management Solutions Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 699 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Case Management Solutions improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 699 standard requirements:
- At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Case Management Solutions is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
- How significant is the improvement in the eyes of the end user?
- Will it solve real problems?
- What are current Case Management Solutions Paradigms?
- How will variation in the actual durations of each activity be dealt with to ensure that the expected Case Management Solutions results are met?
- What are specific Case Management Solutions Rules to follow?
- What one word do we want to own in the minds of our customers, employees, and partners?
- How will new or emerging customer needs/requirements be checked/communicated to orient the process toward meeting the new specifications and continually reducing variation?
- Who are you going to put out of business, and why?
- How do we maintain Case Management Solutions’s Integrity?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Case Management Solutions book in PDF containing 699 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Case Management Solutions self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Case Management Solutions Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Case Management Solutions areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Case Management Solutions Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Case Management Solutions projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Case Management Solutions Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Case Management Solutions project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Procurement Audit: Is there management monitoring of transactions and balances?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is there general agreement & acceptance of the current status and progress of the Case Management Solutions project?
- Requirements Documentation: Can the requirement be changed without a large impact on other requirements?
- Risk Register: How could such Risk affect the Case Management Solutions project in terms of cost and schedule?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: The total budget for the contract (including estimates for authorized but unpriced work)?
- Procurement Audit: Does the manual contain policies relating to all business management functions?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Will the new application negatively affect the current IT infrastructure?
- Quality Audit: Is there any content that may be legally actionable?
- Project Management Plan: Did the planning effort collaborate to develop solutions that integrate expertise, policies, programs, and Case Management Solutions projects across entities?
- Planning Process Group: Are work methodologies, financial instruments, etc. shared among departments, organizations and Case Management Solutions projects?
Step-by-step and complete Case Management Solutions Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Case Management Solutions project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Case Management Solutions project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Case Management Solutions project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Case Management Solutions project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Case Management Solutions project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Case Management Solutions project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Case Management Solutions project with this in-depth Case Management Solutions Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Case Management Solutions projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Case Management Solutions and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Case Management Solutions investments work better.
This Case Management Solutions All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.