Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical contactless card Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any contactless card related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated contactless card specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the contactless card Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which contactless card improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the standard requirements:
- What is something you believe that nearly no one agrees with you on?
- Are approval levels defined for contracts and supplements to contracts?
- Can contactless card be learned?
- Think about the functions involved in your contactless card project. what processes flow from these functions?
- Have the types of risks that may impact contactless card been identified and analyzed?
- Do we have the right people on the bus?
- Which Stakeholder Characteristics Are Analyzed?
- What constraints exist that might impact the team?
- How do we maintain contactless card’s Integrity?
- Describe the design of the pilot and what tests were conducted, if any?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the contactless card book in PDF containing requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your contactless card self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the contactless card Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which contactless card areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough contactless card Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage contactless card projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step contactless card Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 contactless card project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Procurement Management Plan: Are individual tasks of reasonable time effort (8–40 hours)?
- Quality Metrics: What metrics are important and most beneficial to measure?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: How likely is the current plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
- Source Selection Criteria: How and when do you enter into contactless card project Procurement Management?
- Change Management Plan: Will all Field Readiness Criteria have been practically met prior to training roll-out?
- Cost Baseline: Has the contactless card project (or contactless card project phase) been evaluated against each objective established in the product description and Integrated contactless card project Plan?
- Procurement Management Plan: Are trade-offs between accepting the risk and mitigating the risk identified?
- Change Management Plan: How might they respond to the message and if the response may be negative or open to misinterpretation, what else needs to be said?
- Procurement Audit: Could bidders learn all relevant information straight from the tender documents?
- Closing Process Group: How well did the chosen processes fit the needs of the contactless card project?
Step-by-step and complete contactless card Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 contactless card project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 contactless card project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 contactless card project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 contactless card project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 contactless card project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 contactless card project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any contactless card project with this in-depth contactless card Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose contactless card projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in contactless card and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make contactless card investments work better.
This contactless card All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.