What does world class customer service mean? This term is often heard on call centers and it may even be included on the company’s mission statement. This is like the ultimate goal of every call center, which is to meet or even surpass customers’ expectations. But how can this be done? Here are some of the pointers in ensuring that customer service help desk representatives are delivering world class service at all times:
1. Always start the call by an enthusiastic greeting. Thank the customer for calling as this is an indication that you appreciate them.
2. Remember to make every customer feel that you value them and recognize their importance to the business.
3. Assurance of help should be emphasized at all times. Statements such as “I can help you with that” will surely go a long way.
4. Be direct and honest with your responses. If there is a system issue, tell them about it, apologize but make sure that you mention that it is being worked on.
5. It is okay to be empathetic but do not overdo it and make the customer feel that it is always the fault of the company.
6. Focus on what you can do for the customer. Think of good analogies to make customers understand the situation better.
7. Be detailed and specific when giving troubleshooting steps. Not all callers are tech savvy. Avoid using technical jargons as much as possible.
8. Give quick responses to every inquiry. Be transparent and put the member on hold if necessary. Establish your credibility by sounding confident when giving resolutions.