Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical dark fiber Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any dark fiber related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated dark fiber specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the dark fiber Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which dark fiber improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the standard requirements:
- Are losses documented, analyzed, and remedial processes developed to prevent future losses?
- Is data collected on key measures that were identified?
- How can we best use all of our knowledge repositories to enhance learning and sharing?
- Are customers identified and high impact areas defined?
- Is the impact that dark fiber has shown?
- Does job training on the documented procedures need to be part of the process team’s education and training?
- How will you know when its improved?
- Is pilot data collected and analyzed?
- Are there any specific expectations or concerns about the dark fiber team, dark fiber itself?
- Schedule Development, Feasibility Analysis, dark fiber Management, Project Closings, Technique: Using the Critical Path Method
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the dark fiber book in PDF containing requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your dark fiber self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the dark fiber Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which dark fiber areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough dark fiber Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage dark fiber projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step dark fiber Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 dark fiber project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: What is the number one predictor of a group s productivity?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is the structure for tracking the dark fiber project schedule well defined and assigned to a specific individual?
- Requirements Documentation: Validity. Does the system provide the functions which best support the customer s needs?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Are training needs identified when resources do not have the required skills to complete dark fiber project activities?
- Scope Management Plan: Who is responsible for monitoring the dark fiber project scope to ensure the dark fiber project remains within the scope baseline?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: Who is influential in the dark fiber project area (both thematic and geographic areas)?
- Communications Management Plan: Do you ask; can you recommend others for me to talk with about this initiative?
- Lessons Learned: Why does the organization need a lessons learned (LL) capability?
- Team Member Performance Assessment: To what degree does the teams approach to its work allow for modification and improvement over time?
- Change Log: Is the change backward compatible without limitations?
Step-by-step and complete dark fiber Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 dark fiber project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 dark fiber project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 dark fiber project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 dark fiber project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 dark fiber project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 dark fiber project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any dark fiber project with this in-depth dark fiber Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose dark fiber projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in dark fiber and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make dark fiber investments work better.
This dark fiber All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.